Heaviest Album to Date?

Discussion in 'Linkin Park Chat' started by stormrider2, May 31, 2014.

SeLDfC

SeLDfC Well-Known Member

Can someone make a list of possible songs on THP that got screams in them?

Blake

Blake Leave a Trace LPA Super Member

KTTK (confirmed)
    War (confirmed)
    UIG (confirmed)
    Rebellion (confirmed I believe)
    MTG
    ALITS

Amd even potentially FM, but it was confirmed as the second softest song so who knows.

All I know if 5 or 6 of the songs I just listed will have screamin

SeLDfC

SeLDfC Well-Known Member

I don't think that A Line In The Sand will be heavier than Wastelands and Guilty All The Same

Blake

TurtleGuy confirmed that every song rocks harder than the 3 we have heard except FM

ALITS starts soft and ends soft but apparently gets "shredding rock" in the middle.

SeLDfC

SeLDfC Well-Known Member

Well that would be really amazing :D

Delicious Dave

Delicious Dave I'm gonna drive you into your own anus.

I don't think Rebellion will have screaming.

Blake

hmm, maybe, maybe not. Itll be heavy at least. Not sure about screams, but I thought I read somewhere that it was confirmed. Could be mistaken though.

EVen it wasnt confirmed it still has a possibility too. All I know is 5-6 with screams with GATS, Wastelands, and All For Nothing being none of them.

NikoLpSoldier

NikoLpSoldier Daimonas

Well, Derek said that the only song without screaming from the 6 track sampler was AFN
    He said there are 4 Songs left with screaming and one Borderline screamy
    The borderline screamy was GATS i think so Rebellion should have screams
    But he said that chester growls/screams a line or two on wastelands which wasnt the case.
    Nothing even near to growling on wastelands
    Maybe borderline screamy when he sings "in the wastelands of today"
    But GATS was already considered as Borderline screamy so..

Blake

Derek did say that, yes. Im not sure if he counted Wastelands or not. I do think Rebellion will have some screaming too. Based on TurtleGuy's comments we came to conclusion of 5-6 songs with screaming and im sticking with that comment until I hear the album.

MagmaXtreme

MagmaXtreme Well-Known Member

The guitars on this album from what we've heard so far sound less grungy than the guitars in HT particularly.

To me GATS is not as heavy as songs like By Myself due to the guitars being less 'rough', and I feel the screaming also contributes to making a song more heavy. Also for a title like 'Guilty All The Same' I expected something dark and not melodic like the chorus of the song. By Myself has a darker more aggressive vibe so that I believe also adds to it being heavier than GATS.

Chester said this album is heavier than HT so I'm hoping for more grunge on the tracks not yet released from the album.
    Also hoping for some intense screams, heard KTTK had some really good ones but Tutleguy couldn't comment on what other songs had screams in them and I'm hoping they're "Victimized" level screams and not some borderline screaming.

Blake

TurtleGuy said KTTK has screams along the lines of QWERTY (live) so itll be very heavy!

and he said 5-6 songs with screaming, so I expect a good amount. We already have 1 with screaming, im ready for the others!

MagmaXtreme

MagmaXtreme Well-Known Member

KTTK is definitely my most anticipated track on the album, I really liked Victimized and would like to hear LP deliver that aggression and energy again.

I just hope that the screams on the rest of the songs are proper and not borderline, the fact that Turtleguy couldn't remember what the other songs were that had screaming may be a bit concerning since that can indicate that the screams on the rest of the songs are not prominent or intense enough that you'd remember them :s

EDIT: If by "We already have 1 with screaming" you mean that last scream at the end of UIG, that was a bit disappointing tbh, I wish Chester had finished that scream and it seems that he struggled to do that for some reason.

Last edited: Jun 2, 2014
    Blake

Yes, im talking about UIG. I know some people don't like it, but it is a scream.

As for not remembering, he heard it at a listening party with a loud stereo system and had to drive home and remember what he heard. Sometimes its hard to remember. I definitely understand where he is coming from.

Plus other reviews have confirmed that War and Rebellion have screaming. That makes 4. There are 5-6 songs with screaming, so that leaves one or two more songs with screaming out of ALITS and MTG. and potentially FM (doubt it because its 2nd softest song on the album). AFN confirmed no screaming from Derek.

I will leave this here:

Last edited: Jun 2, 2014
    Blake

For those who doubted, Derek just listened to the album. While he didn't confirm how many songs have screaming from reading his shouts he has confirmed at least 5 which would go along with TurtleGuys' 5-6.

KTTK
    War
    UIG
    Rebellion
    ALITS

and possibility for one more from what TurtleGuy said. Lets wait for Derek's Review!

NikoLpSoldier

NikoLpSoldier Daimonas

When and how did he listen to it?
    I thought the (hunting :kappa: ) listening Party is on 3rd or 4th

Blake

You can not listen to it. Derek was able to get the chance to listen to watermarked version through AltWire.

But we do know that at least those 5 tracks have screaming with a possibility of a 6th.

Duragon

Duragon Well-Known Member

The entire album is friggin awesome! A real facemelter

Jesse

Jesse Out of the abyss. LPA Über VIP

Impressions on each track.

Duragon

Duragon Well-Known Member

Since we just listened to it once. My brain hasn't filtered everything! But it's clearly an album you don't have to listen to a song twice to like it.
    It's dead on!

When the albums gets to a point where it feels quiet and cozy, it slaps you hard in the face with a shovel a couple of times.
    Like.. I love the 4 already released tracks, I really REALLY love them! But compared to the rest of the album, thouse 4 tracks are probably the worst ones.

War is the song that stuck tho, it's slaps you so hard that punk ever could.
    Heaviest album to date, no doubt. And the heaviest album i've heard in a goood while!

Blake

Apparently the screams in KTTK take a dump on anything from their early albums