Half-Life the movie

Discussion in 'The Living Room' started by [Darken Hybrid], Jul 14, 2003.

[Darken Hybrid]

[Darken Hybrid] Ambient

"The creators of HALF-LIFE are warming up to the idea of turning their best-selling PC video game into a feature film. Today's Variety has a story hyping the notion of a HALF-LIFE movie. The timing of the piece makes sense, with Valve set to release HALF-LIFE 2 this fall and undoubtedly earn many more millions.

The thing is, and what Variety fails to mention, is that Valve had been contemplating turning HALF-LIFE into a movie a number of years ago. We know of one negotiation between the company, a film producer, an Oscar-winning special effects man and a major Hollywood studio that fell apart before contracts could be signed. Does Valve now believe the time is finally right for a Hollywood deal to be struck?

The first HALF-LIFE game let players assume the character of Gordon Freeman, a scientist working at the top secret Black Mesa military base. After accidentally opening a portal to another dimension, a host of strange and deadly creatures overran the complex, leaving Gordon one of the few survivors. Players had to find a way out of the base for Gordon and stay alive, both from the attacking aliens as well as a military strike team sent to clean-up the mess."

I hope that they make it a good movie. I still got to play the game.

Jawknee

Jawknee Guest

You haven't played Half-Life?!?!?!

You're like 5 years late!! Play it!!

This news isn't new for me, but thanks for sharing anyway. :)

[Darken Hybrid]

[Darken Hybrid] Ambient

I'll play it when Half-Life 2 it comes to the Xbox. I don't know when it's coming out though.

5TrEe7 S0lJ4

5TrEe7 S0lJ4 Well-Known Member

never played it, only the counter strike mod. half-life 2 looks awesome though. i wonder if the movie will be good?

Jawknee

Jawknee Guest

Half-Life 2 for Xbox is rumored for a Feb. 2004 release.

Neil

Neil Super Duper Member LPA Super Member

This is my philosphy on HL. You are not a true gamer until you beat Half-Life

[Darken Hybrid]

[Darken Hybrid] Ambient

Half-Life 2 for Xbox is rumored for a Feb. 2004 release. [/b][/quote]
    thanks for the info. ^_^