Got News?

Discussion in 'Linkin Park Chat' started by Mark, May 9, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Astat

Astat LPA Super Member LPA Super Member

No, the MTM Tour Edition is 100% legitimate. It's already been released in Asian countries, comes out in the UK next week, and will be available at Best Buy in the US sometime this month.

2. trunkswd

trunkswd Well-Known Member

Billboard charts have just been updated.

Shadow of the Day enters the top 50 of the hot 100 at #50

3. Minus

Minus ohai LPA Addicted VIP

Oy I feel stupid now. :lol:

4. handthatfeeds_25

handthatfeeds_25 Well-Known Member

5. lparks41

lparks41 Well-Known Member

Hey so what, Lp already owns 2 Grammy's, Minutes to Midnight isn't really groundbreaking-Grammy worthy material like they usually write anyway, and they still have a great chance at wining this best Fuse artist of 2007 award, right now they are beating av7x by 10 %!

6. Shadester

Shadester (╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻

Guys, we need a miracle for LP to win against KorN. They had 200k votes for them alone while LP had 100k in thier quarter matches.

7. Rahat

Rahat Nyeh LPA VIP

MUSIC FOR RELIEF has launched A BENEFIT AUCTION on eBay to raise funds for the survivors of Cyclone Sidr in Bangladesh and Linkin Park has donated VIP ticket packages, signed customized x-box and Mike Shinoda DC Remix sneakers for the cause!

You can support the fundraising effort by bidding on these Linkin Park items or donations from other artists such as instruments, signed posters, DC Shoes and more, click here and scroll all the way down to view auction items and to bid.

Please join Linkin Park and Music for Relief to help those in need. Click here to make a donation to aid the survivors in Bangladesh.

About Cyclone Sidr: On November 15th Cyclone Sidr brought winds of up to 150 miles an hour, creating a 15 foot sea surge, devastating coastal regions in Bangladesh. The storm killed approximately 3,500 people, left over 40,000 injured while over 800 people are still missing. 8.5 million people have been affected by the cyclone and tens of thousands of people are still in urgent need of food, shelter, medical supplies and clean drinking water. Music for Relief is responding to the disaster by raising funds for the survivors, thank you for your support.

About Music for Relief: Founded by members of the band Linkin Park, Music For Relief is a 501 (c) (3) non-profit organization dedicated to providing aid to victims of natural disasters and the prevention of such disasters. Since its inception in 2005, Music for Relief has raised over $2 million for the victims of the tsunami tragedy in Southeast Asia and hurricanes Katrina and Rita. MFR has organized a benefit concert featuring multi-platinum artists & numerous celebrity guests, sent musicians and volunteers to Southeast Asia and the U.S. Gulf Coast to help rebuild and donate supplies to people in need, and planted over 355,000 trees to help reduce global warming. www.musicforrelief.org

From their myspace

8. esaul17

esaul17 antichrist

http://fuse.tv/web/bestof2007/votes.php

LP neck and neck with Avenged Sevenfold in the third round of Fuse's Best of 2007 contest. Voting ends December 11th. LP got subbed at the Grammies, let's help them win something for their efforts!

9. Gitsnik

Gitsnik WAAAGH!!! Über Member

Well still 4 days to go but they should go to the quarter finals :)

10. lparks41

Maybe true. I think it's exciting that two of the best bands ever, Korn and Lp are about to face each other off. KoRn is an awesome band, but I believe that Linkin Park is just that much better then KoRn to possibly even beat them by a vote or two in my opinion. Besides KoRn is really old and washed up now, what does KoRn have to do with 2007? Lp is still somewhat in their prime. But I say "May the best band win".

Oh yeah btw, tell me again why someone can't post the fuse thing here on the front news page? Why else do you think it is that KoRn is geting so many votes and Lp isn't? KoRn's fan's spread the word better on kornspace.com about the fuse thing. Kornspace.com is like Korn's Lptimes, their fans read it at least once a day, PLUS KoRn sent out a bulletin on their myspace saying "please vote for us", and all Linkin Park did was post it on the street team website, so of course KoRn are going to get more votes than Lp and win if we don't quickly decide to spread the word more.

I don't even think our entire fanbase is aware of the fuse thing, like KoRn's is. I think it should be posted on the front news page of lptimes and lpassociation.com if we expect to beat a band as big as KoRn and I think this news is signifigant enough to post on here if Lp made it this far in the competition.

Last edited: Dec 8, 2007
  11. moniku

moniku Well-Known Member

I'm quite sure this isn't newsworthy, but I think deserves some kind of attention. :lol:

Anyways, my brother recently gave me Ryohei Yamamoto's cover of "Numb" from his new album Cavaca 2.

A preview of the song can be found in this video: here

It's at 2:30 of the video.
    I'm not sure of the forum rules concerning links to files and things, so I'll put the full one up if anybody's interested. I found it interesting because Ryohei is a pretty well known Japanese male singer and it's an unexpected choice for a cover.

12. lparks41

13. 2xPutt

2xPutt Well-Known Member

only took a little over 4 years, but GO LP! I think that makes all released records; platinum records...?

14. Felipeintheend

Felipeintheend Well-Known Member

http://www.mtv.com/news/articles/1576187/20071210/id_0.jhtml

The best-selling albums of the year, according to Apple

1. Maroon 5 - It Won't Be Soon Before Long
    2. Amy Winehouse - Back to Black
    3. Kanye West - Graduation
    4. Daughtry - Daughtry
    5. Colbie Caillat - Coco
    6. Linkin Park - Minutes to Midnight
    7. Various artists - "High School Musical 2" soundtrack
    8. Timbaland - Timbaland Presents: Shock Value
    9. John Mayer - Continuum
    10. Various artists - "Hairspray" soundtrack

:)

15. Minus

Fuck, they got owned by Daughtry.

Again. :lol:

16. Derek

Derek LPAssociation.com Administrator LPA Administrator

Congrats to Maroon 5 though, that's incredible!

17. Andrea

Andrea best friends. LPA Addicted VIP

Those are my boys. Har har. :lol:

18. thesungoesdown

thesungoesdown It's like I'm paranoid..

Mike produced 2 songs on Lupe Fiasco's album The Cool, which releases on the 18th next week. The songs are called "Intruder Alert" and "Fighters" . It says that on wiki, and i've known for a while through other sites but i can't find them right now. I guess if you guys don't trust wiki, although the tracklist has been confirmed and it matches the leaked albums tracklist, you can just wait until the album comes out and when I buy it for me to confirm it lol

heres the wiki link anyway

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Cool

Lupe Fiasco = best rapper alive :D

19. Astat

Astat LPA Super Member LPA Super Member

I've been watching the Wiki article on The Cool lately for new information, and honestly, I have no clue if the Mike production is accurate information or not. At first it said that Mike would be producing 2 tracks, then when the full tracklisting was confirmed, his name was nowhere to be found, but then when the album leaked he popped back up again. I'm just gonna wait until the album actually comes out so somebody can check the liner notes and confirm it for sure.

20. Minus

I don't know if this counts, but when Lupe came to UNT for a promo conference, I got to ask him if Mike is producing anything and he said, "Nope, he's gonna be on the album after The Cool."

But nobody seems to take my word :lol:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.