Football (Soccer)

Discussion in 'The Living Room' started by FreeYourMind, Mar 31, 2005.

1. Janie Jones

Janie Jones Meghna is a Headcase

Yeah, now they'll ahve a tough time recovering, everyone with a really high profile is bound to leave soon and they'll have a real tough time catching up. And I'm pretty sure Canavarro has signed for Real, or is going to real soon. Buffon to Inter, I think, and what about Nesta? To Chelsea, he may, I've heard. Um...

2. Dean

Dean LPA Addict LPA Addict

Last night I recieved the best birthday present ever:

O'LEARY IS GONE!!!

3. Janie Jones

Janie Jones Meghna is a Headcase

BUFFON'S STAYING IN JUVE.
    MORON.

4. Evan™

Evan™ HI! I'm Randy, I'm a Bandicoot Über Member

LOL!

5. Chris

Chris LPA Addict LPA Addict

Goodbye Bergkamp :(

Someone in my city, Vincent van der Berg, is going to Arsenal :) Last sunday he played his match agaist another team. He signed a contract with the A-team (not that one) untill 2010. Arsene Wenger is suprised by his talents. He's only 17 years old.

6. Evan™

wow...on a youth team contract or reserves contract? well whichever it may be, he must be bloody good to impress Wenger...

7. Chris

Youth contract, but he's sitting on the bench tonight because of Ljungberg's (??) injury

8. Evan™

he still must be freaking impressive either way...

9. Dean

I think there's a rule that, if a club sign a player aged 17 or above that wasn't at the academy, they have to have a professional contract, so he can't be too bad.

10. Chris

He came on the field in last minute of the 1st half.

11. Luke

Luke Mind Your Manners. LPA Addicted VIP

I was at the Bergkamp testemonial today and I have to ssy that the stadium is fucking nice.

Bergkamp has always been my favorite Arsenal player therefore I'm really sad to see him go but I have no doubt he'll be back one day as a coach or maybe even a manager even though he's taking a break from the game altogether for a few years.

I gotta say though that I think Vieira might come back to us, the response he got today was magnificant and at times louder than the shouts for Bergkamp and I can see clearly that he loves the club more than life itself and with the Juventus situation he's more than likely leaving.

It was great seeing some of the old Arsenal greats like Overmars (whos still quite sharp), Petit, Seaman, Manninger, Edu, Grimandi, Dixon, Winturburn, Parlour, Van Bronckhorst, Kanu and of course Ian Wright.

It was also good seeing the old Ajax players although someone should have just told Davids to stay home :lol:

12. Chris

It was pretty shocking to see Johan Cruyff and Marco van Basten on the field :lol: Never expected that one.

13. Luke

I was pissing myself laughing at those two geezers playing :lol:

14. Dean

Alex Manninger was hardly an Arsenal great, Luke. :lol:

15. Luke

Yeah he was, he was greatly shit :lol:

What I mean by great is that kind of team that was played towards the end of the 90s, all of them ;)

16. Dean

I think I signed Manninger for Villa on one of the old Championship Manager games. He was actually quite good... or it was probably a case of him being 'unrealistic' like Cisse and Drogba in the newer ones. <_<

17. Luke

Now that Duff has signed for Newcastle I can see them being awesome when Owen finally comes back. Glen Roeder seems to know what he's doing.

18. Evan™

thats what we say every season....:lol:

19. Luke

Okay it's prediction time again people! (Long Read)

The new season is just around the corner and I for one am interested in seeing how Chelsea get along with their new signings and how Manchester United will fair without Van The Man and maybe even Ronny The Diver. Here is my predicted end of season table in terms of posistions (because obviously it's impossible to know goal difference etc. :lol:)

The Prediction
    1. Liverpool
    2. Chelsea
    3. Arsenal
    4. Tottenham
    5. Manchester United
    6. Newcastle
    7. Everton
    8. Bolton
    9. West Ham
    10. Manchester City
    11. Portsmouth
    12. Blackburn
    13. Charlton
    14. Reading
    15. Fulham
    16. Wigan
    17. Middlesbrough
    18. Sheffield United
    19. Aston Villa
    20. Watford

The High Table Teams
    As you can see I have highly rated Liverpool as contenders and I genuinly believe that they could easily get their first Premiership Title this year. I garuntee everyone will be thinking ''Hell no chelsea have Ballack and Shevy, they're sure to win'', well in all honesty I can't see it happening this year. I think Ballack will do awesome in the premiership and so probably will Kalou and Mikel aswell but Shevchenko in my opinion was a waste of £31 million. Why? Because he was good in the italian league where it is much more technical and slower paced, I get the feeling that the premiership wont be so kind to Andriy...oh well serves him right for signing with Moneybags Abromovic.

With Van Nistlerooy leaving and Ronaldo possibly heading to Madrid I can't see United doing well at all this season. Not to mention the fact that they only have 5 weeks to completly re-arrange their midfield. And with Saha being the striker to fill the slot when Van the Man leaves I can't see him being very successful, Saha is a good player but he's no Van Nistlerooy.

I hate to say it but I think Tottenham will smack it this year and finally get their champions league spot. With signings like Dimi Berbatov and Didi Zakora I can't help but think this might be Tottenhams year. But they wont beat Arsenal :lol:

Unfortunatly I feel that Blackburn, probably the most improved team last season, will flop a bit. With Craig Bellamy gone and only Jason Roberts and Franny Jeffers to take over the attack force I can't see them going far in the premiership and I think it could be a possible early exit for them in the Uefa Cup.

Newcastle will do better for years to come under Glen Roeder. The signing of Damien Duff alone is a step in the right direction however I'd be concerned with the limited strike force they have. If rumour proves to be true and the land Miroslav Klose then 'Castle will be among the top teams once again.

On to the rellegation side of things:
    Sorry Dean but I think Villa is going down this year, with Villa in turmoil at the moment and the season fast approaching without any decent signings I can't help but think that O'Learly left the sinking ship.

The fairy tale Wigan will narrowly avoid rellegation, after releasing soooo many players and selling Jason Roberts and buying Emile Hesky in his place...I don't think Wigan will be getting in to any more cup finals just yet.

Gareth Southgate as manager? Hell no...sorry but just no...not far this year at all, sorry, especialy when you sell one of the top strikers at your club...

Niel Warknock and Aidy Boothroyd will be leading their clubs back down while Reading could stay up however for these three newly promoted clubs don't expect another Wigan or West Ham type run.

English Trophy Winners
    Premier League - Liverpool
    FA cup - Arsenal
    League Cup - Chelsea

Promoted To Premiership
    Championship winners - Birmingham
    Runners up - Wolves
    Play-Offs - West Brom, Leeds, Southampton and Cardiff

Now For My Team
    I think this season wont be nearly as hard for The Gunners as last year as we have gotten used to our new system without Vieira and with new signing Tomas Rosicky and the talent he has I could see us doing quite well this season and maybe winning something after all last season was the first season in 7 years that we finished a season without a trophy.

Across Europe
    Inter will grab the serie A title this year now that Juve are gone and AC have a points reduction for the new season.

If Klose decides to stay at Werder Bremen they'll win the German title however should Van The Man go to Bayern then it could be their year once again.

New signings Zambrotta and Thuram will help Barca to a third consectutive La Liga title however Real Madird wont go down easily.

Lyon will once again capture the french title

It will be a battle in Scotland between the two Glasgow sides with Celtic and Rangers slugging it out for the Scottish Premier League Title. Although I hope Celtic are victorious I get the feeling that Le Guen will guid his new team to victory.

Possible Champions League Winners: Real Madrid, Chelsea, Liverpool, Inter, Arsenal, Valencia, Lyon.

Last edited: Jul 24, 2006
  20. Evil Angel

Evil Angel Ambient

i pretty much agree with the list.Chelsea may have some of the best strikers but they can't play all of them at one go can they.No Ruud is not going anywhere