Flipsyde

Discussion in 'Other Music' started by heirofslytherin, Jul 9, 2006.

heirofslytherin

heirofslytherin Well-Known Member

I have finally found a LP caliber band, only at a different direction. Unlike LP who dominates the electronic, artificial sound arena and I believe in times to come this band will conquer the more organic music dome.

Piper Vocals
    Steve Knight Vocals, Acoustic Guitar
    Dave Lopez Electric and Acoustic Guitar
    DJ D-Sharp Turntables

Flipsyde's music is an unconventional, yet harmonious mix of styles. The top and bottom of their innovative sound is straight-up Hip Hop while the middle punches with Rock. These parts are made whole through Piper's consummate MC skills and stinging rhymes, Steve Knight's emotive voice and adhesive melodies plus Dave Lopez' inspired Latin-flavored flourishes of blazing guitar.

You know sometimes when attend a show by a band you admire with full anticipation that it would be a blast and then come back feeling disappointed. Take for example Coldplay, they suck in live concert but yet they are considered the best rock band of present time. Not with this band you don't. The vocals and music quality were exactly at par with the standard of the CD, no distortion or whatnot. I went for their show in Malaysia and it was one of the best concert experiences I’ve ever had.

If you doubt me, have a listen on

myspace
    http://www.myspace.com/flipsyde

or check them out at their offical website
    http://www.flipsyde.com/

Then come back to leave a comment. Prove me wrong if you like.

Christopher

Christopher Über Member Über Member

I've known them for some time.

Someone I know really likes them but I just never got into them...

Evil Angel

Evil Angel Ambient

they are damn popular in my country.They are good but not great.I went to their concert in Bombay last year and they are good live

Chris.

Chris. LPA Super Member Über Member

I've been into them for awhile now. I got their CD because the cover looked cool (I know, stupid reason to buy a CD) but it turned out to be pretty damn good.

U.S. History and Revolutionary Beat are my two favorite songs off the album.

heirofslytherin

If I'm not mistaken they went to India twice.

Evil Angel

Evil Angel Ambient

yup.they perforumed once.But they are popular partly because their style is similar to LP and LP is really popular here.

heirofslytherin

In my opinion as I have stated above, LP and Flipsyde are different in foundation. I mean they go for the latin touch, LP is electronic, they are not alike. Furthermore, LP has the screamo effect, Flipsyde don't.

Evil Angel

Evil Angel Ambient

you are right.The basic genre is the same but the sub genres are different.But both are pretty much rap-rock

heirofslytherin

Many bands are rap core but you don't see all of them get grouped together do you. As I've said before they are different. LP as an electronic based band, flipsyde as a more organic production.