FireFox 4?

Discussion in 'The Living Room' started by TannerWolf, Mar 27, 2011.

TannerWolf

TannerWolf It's High Voltage, You Can't Shake the Shock

I just got the latest version of Firefox, Firefox 4.
    What annoys me is I can barely figure out how to navigate this thing.
    I can't find the task bar
    The buttons like, switched places.

It reminds me WAAAAYYY too much of Internet Explorer 8 and Google Chrome.

Does the latest version bother anyone else?

Tresur1

Tresur1 New Member

Hey latest versions always good for our browsing work because it contains all new features. I am not using firefox i like google chrome.

sotrix

sotrix @lplive

You know that you can customize the toolbars and menus? In a few seconds you can make it to look just like Firefox 3.

Zak

Zak HEY, EVERYONE! GET IN HERE!

This.

ThaHandyman

ThaHandyman Banned

I'm usin it right now, pretty slick.

TannerWolf

It confuses me for some awkward reasons. I'm used to it now, but it still make me think it's the lovechild of IE8 and Google Chrome.

Zak

So long as it has my plug-ins I don't really care.

Minus

Minus ohai LPA Addicted VIP

More like a rip of Chrome. That's the way of the browser wars. Once someone comes up with a great idea, everyone rips it.

I'm not saying it's a bad thing. Mozilla brought tabbed browsing into the spotlight (and Opera fanboys, shut it. There's proof that Mozilla did it before you), and everyone copped it. Now Chrome's minimal UI is getting it's chance to shine so everyone's going to go with it.

I personally like the Chrome set-up; it doesn't interfere with your browsing experience, leaves more room for the actual content and is pretty slick to boot. I never liked Firefox's iteration of it though. The huge Firefox button at the top left completely defeats the purpose of going with this design ideology in the first place.

deftonesfan867

deftonesfan867 976-EVIL

Agreed.

I love Chromes clutter free and simple interface.

Zak

I moved mine to the left of the back-forward buttons.

Minus

Minus ohai LPA Addicted VIP

Having the option to move an inconvenient button to a more convenient location is like selling a house with a pool in the front yard then saying, "if you want, we can move it to the back for free."

Sure in the end your pool is where you want it to be, but honestly, why didn't they just do that in the first place?

TannerWolf

I like your logic.

The only thing I like is there is no obnoxious toolbars that randomly show up >.>

Gloomy Mushroom

Gloomy Mushroom Absolute Zero LPA Super VIP

Absolute worst piece of shit download I ever invested download time into.

I only was curious to get it because there was a script missing in my Chrome and it kept crashing. I used it for a few hours and everything just screams FFFFFFFFFFFFUUUUUUUUUUUU- I thought that Firefox was meant to be smaller in size to run than most other browsers, but I guess not. Not only was there Firefox running at 45,000 something of my memory but the additional plugins that followed it. Like getting another version of flash, annoyed me. It lagged my computer entirely and I'll compare it to IE if I have to. And I can't have Google suggestions pop up in my toolbar when I want to search Google. That annoyed me.

So I fixed my Chrome and I'm back on it.

Todd

Todd FLǕGGȦ∂NKđ€ČHIŒβǾLʃÊN LPA Administrator

45,000 what? If you're going to throw that number out there as a reason Firefox sucks, then you need to define what it is.

45,000 megabytes of memory? That's 45 gigabytes. Your computer doesn't have 45 gigabytes of memory, it is impossible for a program to take up more memory and virtual memory than is available. 45,000 kilobytes? That's 45 megabytes and excellent, that is on the low end of memory consumption for a browser.

Before you post an arbitrary number to trash Firefox, find out what that number represents.

Gloomy Mushroom

Gloomy Mushroom Absolute Zero LPA Super VIP

I don't know what that was measured in, but Chrome was a lot smaller than that appearing in my task manager, even with the plug ins. My computer could barely handle the largeness of IE and on advice I sought refuge on MF 4 until I could figure out what was wrong with Chrome. So it must be kilobytes. *checks task manager* Mind you also my computer only has 256 MB of Ram on it. Chrome on my computer runs on average of 28,000 kilobytes.

Doris The Spider

Doris The Spider Who-ligan

I just downloaded it too. But that was because the got the new version of Internet Explorer and I hated it. So, I downloaded this. I don't mind it. I like that I can customize the toolbars but it's not the best. The biggest problem I have with it is that gifs go faster than they are supposed too. Like that just sucks! But the browser in general is faster and I like otherwise.

MKH

MKH Bat of Gotham LPA Super VIP

I actually like 4 except for the fact that they took out the download bar at the bottom - it was neater and I could actually see my downloads without that annoying window hovering around. Also, still no PDF plugin for 4 :/