Finland Win Eurovison

Discussion in 'The Living Room' started by linkinpark_ben25, May 20, 2006.

linkinpark_ben25

linkinpark_ben25 In Your Face!

Lordi won Eurovision, and i am so god damn glad, shows that metal is making an impact on the world.

What is your views on this? :peace:

Chris

Chris LPA Addict LPA Addict

I fucking love it :lol: But it shows that its fake. There's no way that that band, with that look, gets 200+ points with a distance of 44 points :p But I dont care now, because Lordi is awesome!

linkinpark_ben25

linkinpark_ben25 In Your Face!

Erm.... whos cares! THEY WON! lol! ROCK ON! :king:

Luke

Luke Mind Your Manners. LPA Addicted VIP

That's an intresting point considering that 75% of their own country didn't want them to represent them. But nevertheless I'm glad they won. :)

the_king_of_all

the_king_of_all LPA Super Member LPA Super Member

I think Lordi won because those who didn't like their song, liked their ideas. I mean, it's a fresh original idea taking a metal band to eurovision, so i think, for once, someone actualy won because their song/idea was good, not because they have lots of neighbours or friends. I hope other countries take note of this. Another metal band would not have that same effect i don't think, but maybe people will realise that originality wins eurovision, not that ability to write a song that bears an uncanny resembalence to one, or every song by ABBA.