Fair To Midland to shoot Arrows and drop Anchors June 14th

Discussion in 'Other Music' started by 2xPutt, Apr 8, 2011.

2xPutt

2xPutt Well-Known Member

YES! One of my favorite bands is releasing their '2nd' major release (really it's like their 4th, but the other ones are harder to find, unless you're online).

http://www.artistdirect.com/enterta...re-musical-chairs-on-artistdirect-com/8771795
    "Fair to Midland are debuting "Musical Chairs," a rousing and often riveting slice of eclectic hard rock on ARTISTdirect.com right here now! The song ebbs and flows like Led Zeppelin mixed with a healthy dose of Deftones thrown in. It's elegantly heavy in all the right spots, and if it's any indication their fourth album Arrows & Anchors due out June 14 via E1 is shaping up to be one of the most dynamic hard rock albums of the year."

First song from the album. Musical Chairs:
    [YOUTUBE]ph9Q2IiBDfg[/YOUTUBE]

Fables From A Mayfly: What I Tell You Three Times Is True is one of my all time top 5 favorite albums, EVERYONE should have listened to it atleast once. I can't tell you how many times I've listened to it or been able to play it no matter what my mood. Amazing album, awesome band. Their lyrics don't make a damn bit of sense, but when you sit and actually analyze them, they are fucking brilliant.

2xPutt

2xPutt Well-Known Member

Four Demos that were released last year and that should make the cut, but as you can see from Musical Chairs, they will probably be re-working all of them:

Musical Chairs DEMO:
    [YOUTUBE]fcwxxKdTgO0[/YOUTUBE]

Rikki Tikki Tavi DEMO:
    [YOUTUBE]i0zNpJAjQBk[/YOUTUBE]

Bright Bulbs And Sharp Tools DEMO:
    [YOUTUBE]Vvfy8ym08k8[/YOUTUBE]

A Loophole In Limbo DEMO:
    [YOUTUBE]6zJTK70qP9w[/YOUTUBE]

Disturbedthoughts

Disturbedthoughts *Twitch*

I love these guys. They have put out some damn good songs. I want to hear the finished version of Rikki Tikki Tavi myself. I am kinda surprised to actually see them doing something...finally. They had a major lull for a while.

2xPutt

2xPutt Well-Known Member

They've had a rough road. I'm not sure of all of the details, but I always see people bitching about Serj and how he took their money. I personally don't know the story, but from the pieces I put together, he did no promotion and took what money he could from them and dropped them from Serjical Strike. Again, I do NOT know the real story. I do know they were without a label, they did a LOT of touring, these guys LOVE their touring, then they had that van accident and I believe lost all of their gear, so that took a while to get back on their feet, then more touring, lol. The wait will definitely be worth it. I can not wait! lol

Disturbedthoughts

Damn, I had no idea. Makes a lot more sense though.

danielpsoad-09

danielpsoad-09 Well-Known Member

Finally! It's been a while since their last album. I love their sound; it's really unique.
    I'll be looking forward to this next album :D

2xPutt

2xPutt Well-Known Member

new song released for free today called Amarillo Sleeps On My Pillow. head to http://www.ftmband.com for the download.

Here is the song. LOVE it

[YOUTUBE]lZqzd3AhWVI[/YOUTUBE]

Disturbedthoughts

Between this and Musical Chairs their next album is building to be something truly special. Fables from a Mayfly was excellent, but this one is looking to be amazing.

2xPutt

2xPutt Well-Known Member

samples of the entire album are up on iTunes now. this is one band I can NOT bring myself to sample until the entire album is out, but I cheated a bit and listened to atleast the bonus track "Pour the coal to 'er" since it's 'non-album'...... holy..... shit..... I can not wait for this album, if you atleast sample one song, let this be it. This record is going to be absolute amazing. But while listening to the sample and the songs we've already heard and listening to fables, it angers me and just blows my mind, absolutely blows my mind why this band does not have any mainstream recognition while some chick dresses up in meat and write some crazy songs and is EVERYWHERE. Anyone else exhausted at these situations? :( I don't want to be "that guy" saying 'mainstream sucks! it's all about the unknowns', but when it comes to FTM, I am more than "that guy", just very upsetting.

danielpsoad-09

I just listened to the samples of all the songs, and yep, this album sounds great so far. I guess' it'll leak some time next week :D And I agree with the post above: these guys definitely need more recognition. Their sound is really unique.

Songs I'm looking forward based on the samples: Whiskey & Ritalin, Rikki Tikki Tavi and The Greener Grass.

2xPutt

2xPutt Well-Known Member

AMAZING Album.... EVERYONE must buy it. iTunes, Amazon, buy the physical copy in stores or online.

danielpsoad-09

Yeah, it's a badass album! I really liked it, though I'm not sure if I like it more than Fables From A Mayfly. There are some great songs and a lot of experimentation which worked perfectly IMO.

Disturbedthoughts

Fables was much more instantly gratifying, this album is a grower. There is a lot more going on than on Fables. And for that reason, I love A&A so much more. Plus Pour the Coal to 'Er. :D

2xPutt

2xPutt Well-Known Member

I gotta agree with you guys. Fables can not be topped completely but it certainly can be given a run for it's money. Fables is an absolute masterpiece that I've listened to probably several hundred times over the years, so it's hard not to be a little more judgmental on Arrows & Anchors. A&A is an AMAZING album. first play through left me speechless, the next dozen have made me fall in love with them all over again. each song gains more and more respect with every play.