Extreme phobia with dolls

Discussion in 'Serious Chat' started by Kate Miller, Dec 10, 2017.

Kate Miller

Kate Miller Member

When I was a kid, I knew that I was afraid of dolls. That's why I grew up playing with other toys like cars, balls, puzzles and action figures. I think it started when I had a dream about Chuckie and woke up crying frantically because he was chasing me and my family and killing us one by one. Since then, I try not to be close with any dolls at all. But last week, my niece invited me to do some Christmas shopping with her. We ended up strolling the toy's section and on the doll aisle. I hyperventilated. I couldn't breathe the moment I saw all the dolls looking at me. I thought that I got over with the phobia but apparently not. It's still there but repressed. Now that my phobia has been triggered, I can't help but feel anxious all the time. I want to get well but I'm not sure where to start.

minuteforce

minuteforce Danny's not here, Mrs. Torrance. LPA Team

So many people developed clown phobias because of the "It" adaptations. This is really no different from that

I understand that it could be tough to ask a GP for professional help for that kind of thing, I don't know how that goes where you live