Eminem - MMLP2 (Nov. 5, 2013)

Discussion in 'Other Music' started by Filip, Jul 30, 2013.

Filip

Filip god break down the door LPA Contributor

10pm EST on Shade 45. Today. Video tomorrow.

Rahat

Rahat Nyeh LPA VIP

Decay

Decay Well-Known Member

Okay, I like the song but man, his screaming really kills the song, ugh. I really enjoy some parts, though (verse 2 and, mainly, verse 3). Which is good I guess, 'cause I didn't like Survival at all.

RazorEye

RazorEye The light on the horizon...

[video=youtube;359na4NeaVA]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=359na4NeaVA[/video]

Holy crap! This is actually pretty freakin' awesome! This album could actually live up to it's name! Old Eminem is back!

Filip

[video=youtube;359na4NeaVA]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=359na4NeaVA[/video]

Damn. This is not what I expected the first single to sound like in 2013. It doesn't make it bad, but it's... a lot different. There are some parts that I absolutely love (chorus/3rd verse/scratching part/parts of 2nd verse) but I'm still not feeling the first verse at all. It's just gonna take a few listens to get into it. I think. I hope. The song still has his usual VCVCVC structure, but at least he's stepping away from it a bit with the scratching parts, little beat changes... Overall, like. Maybe it'll grow on me even more.

Also has one of his best choruses ever.

Suffered

Suffered All we need is faith

This is so bad. I mean this is like listening to a Nu-Metal song in 2013. Just NO.
    Survival is much better IMO.

RazorEye

RazorEye The light on the horizon...

You mean THIS "Survival"?

[video=youtube;bKFhS0cQLE8]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bKFhS0cQLE8[/video]

:trollface:

Suffered

Both of them. :shinado:
    I mean really.

Filip

Seriously though...

He must be really confident in this album, naming it MMLP2. He must know MMLP is his most critically acclaimed and most commercially successful album. And now making a sequel to it... It's a really risky move. The first MMLP has a freaking legacy, and now he's just inviting comparisons between the two albums. And you can be sure people are still gonna shit over this album more then the first part, even if it is great, who knows, maybe better then the first part.

But I guess life's too short not to go for broke. :shinado:

Squish Mitten

Squish Mitten I'm a five-star general; infantry controller.

Wow I really didn't like Berzerk. I hope the whole album isn't like this.

Blackee Dammet

Blackee Dammet Feminism Is My God Now

It sounds like a 2000-era Kid Rock song.

TheZlajaZlo

TheZlajaZlo Closing LPA Super Member

It's retro. '00s are coming back!

Qwerty19

Qwerty19 Well-Known Member

You really have a problem with songs that mashup guitars and rap, don't you? :lol:

That said, the song sounds like a good jam. A bit 2000-retro, indeed. Maybe even sooner, the very beginning sounds like an old-school Run-DMC beat. Not bad, not great, but I could enjoy it, maybe.

Last edited: Aug 27, 2013
    Jeff

Jeff WORSHIP LPA Addicted VIP

It's a fun jam, and I enjoyed it.

Niklas

Niklas BadaBinge LPA VIP

I have to say I really like Berzerk! Ts sounds good, plus the 2nd and 3rd Verse are really good, plus the Hook kicks madly ;)

Brandon

Brandon I was Ree's 100th follower on Twitter.

Berzerk is growing on me.

Suffered

Actually, maybe yes.
    But, I meant that those times when a song like this was "cool" are over. Just like Nu-Metal times are over.
    And a song like Berzerk in 2013 from Eminem is just no, especially after albums like Relapse or Recovery.

Qwerty19

Qwerty19 Well-Known Member

Nothing is never over in music. Classical is hundred years old and some people are still enjoying it. Jazz, Blues, 80 pop,....all of those are old, not that trendy anymore, but who cares? Music is not cool because it's trendy. Ah, and if it wasn't cool to do this anymore, why do almost everyone in this thread seem to enjoy it? :)

And Bezerk beat certainly sounds more like an early Run-DMC / Beastie-Boys tribute than to nu-metal. You know, those songs that are pretty much at the origin of the whole hip hop scene of today. Albums like Recovery and Relapse would never have existed if it wasn't for songs that have blend rap and guitars back in the days.

[video=youtube;68Se3JzYZV4]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=68Se3JzYZV4[/video]

Last edited: Aug 27, 2013
    Agent

Agent Formerly known as Agent Sideburns LPA Über VIP

There are certain things I can appreciate about the song: it tries to get that old school boom-bap Beastie Boys thing going with the production, the scratches, the hook. Makes me think maybe the album itself will have somewhat of a throwback feel, which I'm all for. At least it would be better than Recovery-era corny rap he's been doing.

Overall, however, I can't say I liked the song. It sounds too messy and chaotic. The verses could've been a thousand times better too.

Suffered

Please don't compare Jass, Classical or Blues music to the amazing and ageless Nu-Metal. :lol: :kappa:
    Seriously, one of my problems with Berzerk and with MMLP2 that EM just thrown everything he achieved since The Eminem Show just to do a "cool" and "old-school" album.
    And he knows that the fans wants this, and he knows that it will sell well. And not to talk about the lyrics.......
    Oh, and I don't have problems with the guitar+rap combo...
    Well, until it's good..