Dragon Ball Z: Budokai

Discussion in 'The Living Room' started by Will, Jun 20, 2003.

Will

Will LPA Addicted VIP LPA Addicted VIP

Two of my friends and I rented this game last night for PS2, and I have to say that it's my favorite fighting game of all time, and not just because Dragon Ball Z is my favorite anime.

Dragon Ball Z: Budokai is the only fighting game that I've played that actually has a storyline to go along with the fighting--and note that I said "that I've played." It follows the Dragon Ball Z storyline all the way up until Gohan defeats Cell (I believe, we haven't gotten that far).

It's a very cool game that I think DBZ fans should check out, and maybe people who just like fighting games.

Stuey_345

Stuey_345 Well-Known Member

sounds cool. (w00t)

ill check it out

Sludge Factory

Sludge Factory Well-Known Member

I heard this game is bad from many reviews. Its supposed to be cool for DBZ fans, but it not for fighting game fans. :wth:

Hybrid Soldier

Hybrid Soldier Y2K

:argh: if i had a ps2 i would play this game forever. hey Will, have you heard of Mugen?

[Darken Hybrid]

[Darken Hybrid] Ambient

I agree Will. It's one of the best DBZ game since Dragon Ball: Final Bout for PSX. Although I haven't played it yet but from what i've heard and seen it's the best, and i mean best, anime game ever. I can't wait to play it! I'm very excited about DBZ: Budokai 2. I've seen a preview, it looks awesome. The graphocs have improved in the fact they now they are cel-shaded and looks just like the series. For more information on the game read the DBZ News thread I made.

Hybrid Soldier, I've played Mugen. It's very kool because it's like the Snes era all over again. I used play it everytime and custizing it; add more characters and backgrounds. My favorite character is Mystic Gohan.

Will

They might not keep it Cel-shaded. I read somewhere that they were experimenting for their Dragon Ball game that they plan on making, and not DBZ: Budokai 2.

[Darken Hybrid]

[Darken Hybrid] Ambient

They might not keep it Cel-shaded. I read somewhere that they were experimenting for their Dragon Ball game that they plan on making, and not DBZ: Budokai 2. [/b][/quote]
    I hope that they keep it cel-shaded. If any of you haven't seen the trailer for Budokai 2 then right-click and save target as http://www.dragonballz.com/e3/e3med.wmv

Will

I hope that they keep it cel-shaded. If any of you haven't seen the trailer for Budokai 2 then right-click and save target as http://www.dragonballz.com/e3/e3med.wmv [/b][/quote]
    I don't. I think it looks horrible.