Do you have confidence in yourself?

Discussion in 'Serious Chat' started by Meryl_, Nov 27, 2010.

travz21

travz21 Muscle Museum LPA Super Member

Right, but you're making it sound like people who don't fear things also don't have any judgement. Just because I'm not afraid of heights doesn't mean I'm going to jump off a building. I'm not afraid of the dark, but I'm not going to walk down an alley downtown in the middle of the night. Not everyone is like the Jackass crew who do things for the rush/money/sex/fame, whatever the consequence. You can live with a fairly anxiety-free life while still making choices that will protect yourself from harm.

esaul17

esaul17 antichrist

If I walk in front of a car I will die. I am not afraid of this though, as I am confident in my ability to not walk in front of a car.

Colonel Sanders

Colonel Sanders Well-Known Member

No of course I wouldn't imply that there is lack of judgement. Our code of ethics needs to exist and to be flexible for us to thrive alive. Yes, avoiding those situations above is clearly the right thing to do. We don't have to prove things to people in a perverted fashion by jumping off a building or walking down a dark, sketchy alley. No. Doing so would be destructive to you and others at that time unless more context demands further exploration into the above cases. Yes, I agree 100 percent with ur last statement. were not all jackasses indeed. Lol

ChuckCheese

ChuckCheese Did somebody order some cheese? LPA VIP

No. It's a really big problem for me. I'm working to be an actor, specifically musical theatre (say what you will), so this requires me to be able not only to act, but to sing and dance as well. I didn't start doing all of this until the end of my freshman year of high school. And these are skills that usually need to be started much earlier. I did a number of shows for the next two years, I am now a senior, and I just transferred to an arts school for my last year of high school. I am just now taking serious classes for acting and dancing. Singing has been a struggle. I went from the being one of the best at my regular school to one of the worst here at my new school. I can bearly keep up. My girlfriend goes to school with me and she is a phenomenal singer, and I wish I could connect with her in that aspect because it is a huge part of who she is. I'm having a hard time explaining this, sorry if it's hard to follow. Basically, I need to be better at what I do now, because I fear that I am out of time to get good enough at it. And I truly don't think I'm even close to being there. It's very frustrating.

Blackee Dammet

Blackee Dammet Feminism Is My God Now

Yes. Too much damn confidence actually.

Super Sonic

Super Sonic The Hedgehog LPA Super VIP

:lol:

Rohit LP

Rohit LP The Silent Red

wel..i read this book...by dale carnegie..how to stop worrying and start living...

nothin out of d world in d book..just a plain simple book...stressing on things you already know..but..after just followin author's instructions confidence sure built up in me..

ThaHandyman

ThaHandyman Banned

Confidence really isn't much of an issue for me, I know who I am, if i make a mistake, it's my duty to capitalize and do better next time. A mistake is an opportunity to capitalize and succeed next round.

I'm not sure why this is, because my brother is the opposite, but I've just always had lots of confidence, and I figure if I work hard and get A's I can only succeed.

Omar

Omar Administrator LPA Super Member

No, but two of my best friends do: Jack Daniels and Jose Cuervo. Captain Morgan just brings me down, though...

Serious answer: depends on the situation. The more familiar I am with something -- or someone -- the more confident I'll be. I'm not usually one of those people who'll start up conversations with random strangers.

SecondCityKids

SecondCityKids Hey John, What's Your Name Again? LPA Super Member

Not right now but normally I'm pretty decent when it comes to confidence

28thART

28thART The Hard Way

Confidence it comes by experience in life, no one ins this earth is confidence on him self 100% ! simply because no one can say what happen in the future, no one know what we'll happen tomorrow, but when you have experience in life, you maybe confidence in your self, because you know how to deals with problems you'll face !
    for me, sometimes i feel i'm confidence in my self, sometimes i don't, so i can say i'm 50-50% .
    you need to be lucky about your decisions, and calculate the % of the failure, of any of them !
    also i can say confidence its more about mathematics and calculation of all possibilities of success-failure, of your decisions, i believe ALL our life is controlled by numbers more than anything else, so i can say, the person who deals with mathematics well, he has the chance to be more confidence in him self (well :D just an idea).
    but in the end i'll tell you something, be sure one day you'll fail, no one is perfect in this earth :), all of us will fail in our life more than one time, but the most important is to know how to deal with your situations and this will come from your experience in life, and how much problems you faced and how hard they were.

TannerWolf

TannerWolf It's High Voltage, You Can't Shake the Shock

I never did... Mainly because I was never accepted, I was bullied, harassed, torn to pieces by relationships, I cut, self esteem = non existent... I hate how I look, I have few friends... Though I shouldn't vent because I fear that it would be against the rules or something..

Ever since entering my middle school in grade 7, I've been looked down upon people like dirt.
    Since then, I always think I'm inferior to everyone. :\

So the answer is no. Not at all.

Sparrow

Sparrow Member

I believe that confidence is both an attitude and a belief. There are not many certinaties in life, but one thing is for certain, life with ALWAYS hold its fair share of obsticals and hardships, no matter how well you adapt to any situation, conflict is unavoidable. What we do have control over is how we react and deal with situations. Do you really believe that there are people out there WITHOUT fear and any kind of insecurity about themselves? There is no such thing as a fearless person, but rather its how someone acts , inspite of that fear that constitutes true ambition and confidence, we have control over how we react to situations, that is the true test. So in regards to your thread question, dont be concerned about if there are better people out there than you at the job, rather focus on yourself on making yourself the best, cause that is all you actually have ANY kind of control over. You cant be in control over anything else. Its a simple human paradox, wanting to have control over every aspect of life, when the only control we have is over our own.