Do you fear death?

Discussion in 'Serious Chat' started by Hana, Mar 2, 2004.

Hana

Hana i are scientists LPA Super Member

We had this strange talk with my mates today. Some of them said they're scared of death because they think there'll be just nothing more after they die. But I don't fear death because I think there's another life after life...

Your thoughts on this?

arT saveS

arT saveS Y2K

I don't believe in a god so I think we just die. And no I'm not scared of death.

Evi

Evi Super Member LPA Super Member

I also believe that there's a new life after life. I don't fear death

Hana

I don't believe in God as well. But I'm kinda interested in Buddhism so that's it.

arT saveS

arT saveS Y2K

I don't believe in God as well. But I'm kinda interested in Buddhism so that's it. [/b][/quote]
    Buddhism is to weird for me cause I prize material possesions, so it probably wouldn't work for me :p

Will

Will LPA Addicted VIP LPA Addicted VIP

No, I’m not afraid of death. It’s inevitable. It’s going to happen whether you want it to or not. There’s no going around it.

Mark

Mark Canadian Beauty LPA Administrator

I don't want to die, and I dread the day it'll happen, but I also know it's inevitable. So yes and no, I am somewhat fearful of death, but I can understand it.

*Field Of Innocence*

*Field Of Innocence* Back after 2 year abscence ^_^

I agree with you if you die you die there is no way of stopping it

Mark

Mark Canadian Beauty LPA Administrator

I agree with you if you die you die there is no way of stopping it [/b][/quote]
    That's where I disagree. I don't think there's any predetermined time we will die, only the eventuality. Mistakes of humanity is what causes death, not some time-keeping force, in my opinion.

LornVourkolakas

LornVourkolakas About To Blow Chunks

I used to be afraid of death but once I was in a hospital bed not knowing whether or not I'm going to die - that just made me expect death, you could say.

I'm not saying I'm walking down the street and expect a car to hit me all the sudden. I'm just saying that it's something that happens. I mean, we all die.

Why waste this gift of life we have, worrying about death?

Steph

Steph Ambient

I don't fear death...because I believe that there is life after it. Too many times have I expereienced talking to 'dead' people, so.....It's what type of life beyond....that I fear...

Hana

Yeah.

TeMpEsT

TeMpEsT Live To Thrash LPA Super Member

I accept death, I fear the pain associated with death and the pain of my loved ones, but to be selfish and inconsiderate, I don't care if I die or not. Semper Fi.

Caitlin

Caitlin Guest

Same. I fear pain, not death, regardless of how it will come across my lifetime.

I don't believe in a god but I do believe there is something more beyond the boundaries of our own lives. Where there is an end there is always a beginning. Reincarnation..not too sure.

Exactly. No use in letting fear control your life.

LPNeSSRGB

LPNeSSRGB Super Member LPA Super Member

I feel the exact same way.

Cassie

Cassie The time to hesitate is through.

This question used to haunt me to tears when I was younger. I couldn't bare the thought of my body being six feet under the cold earth. My Nana told me she was to have her body cremated when she died. This frightened me to think of my grandmother's body burned to ashes. Of course I was only 10 or 11. I used to get so wound up with the idea of what comes after death. Do I realize I'm dead? Am I brought back to life? What happens when the Earth ceases to exist, when the human race dies? What's next? I used to ask these Q's to myself every night.

I've seem to have gotten over the whole "what comes after death" trip. I can comfortably talk about the issue without losing my wits. I suppose you can begin to care less about your will to live and dying when you threaten suicide. Been there, done that. I suppose now I believe death is inevitable and only time will tell.

Chris

Chris LPA Addict LPA Addict

Im not scared of him, i just dont wanna die now :mellow:

And when i die, i dont wanna get drowned or get stuck in a room without air :wth: That would suck

arT saveS

arT saveS Y2K

I agree with Mark. Someday, the world will either be cleaner and healthier than ever imagined, or chaos will break out and the whole world will be one big Iraq. But if eventually the world is a bio cleanser ( I dunno what they are called, people go into them before going into certain labs, and it's supposed to disinfect you and all that) and there is no more disease, we could live forever, if we had something that could stop your heart from..stopping..then it could be reality. (Except with disease.) So yeah I don't think we have to die someday, thats one reason I don't believe in God. If we don't die, we don't goto an alternate universe/reality/"heaven"/"hell", we just...stay, so there really would be no purpose of a heaven or hell.

That may have been confusing, but if you didn't understand it, then your not worthy. :p

Alacrity

Alacrity don't stop talking to me; i haven't been listening LPA Super Member

That's the exact same thing that happened to me. I terrified myself asking those questions, but then I got over it. I believe pretty much the same thing as Mark.

coley8605

coley8605 Guest

None of my immediate family is religious, but a lot of my relatives are, and they're always trying to force their beliefs on us. They try to scare us all into believing if we don't worship God that we're going straight to hell after death, and you know the whole preachy lecture... Eh. I don't know what I believe. I wish I didn't have to believe anything and it could all just happen..... But i've lost some friends to suicide this past year, and death basically freaks me out. I know it's going to happen someday, but the thought of losing everyone you care about and everything, just... makes me uncomfortable. It's happened too many times before. :wth: