Dance Gavin Dance - Artificial Selection

Discussion in 'Other Music' started by Sasuke, May 7, 2018.

Sasuke

Sasuke Modern Prog enjoyer LPA Super Member

[​IMG]

Um not sure why there's not so much talke about DGD, they're probably the best post-hardcore/weird heavy (whatever you call it) band I've ever heard! I just started listening to them last year and they fucking blew me away! especially their album Mothership which is fucking banger after banger non-stop:CUMULUS:
    But yeah, their 8th(?) album is coming on June 8th (one week before Mike's album) and I'm so fucking hyped for it! both singles are fantastic (not so good like most songs on Mothership imo).

If you like weird proggy riffage mixed with some really interesting clean vocals and some fucking amazing screaming. then this band is for you. :)

Last edited: May 7, 2018
    Sasuke

#GodDamn

Blake

Blake Leave a Trace LPA Super Member

I think you and I are the only DGD fans on here @Sasuke. I'm super hyped for their new album. Mothership was their best album to date and while I don't expect them to top that I still think the album will be great.

Sasuke likes this.
    Sasuke

Yeah I saw :p
    and completely agree, I love all the 3 singles but they can't hold up to the quality of Mothership imo (fuck, I can listen to that album the whole day!)

chris2

chris2 Smiling At Strangers On Trains LPA Super Member

This sounds pretty good. Quite progressive for a Post-Hardcore band. Minus the screaming the instrumentation reminded me a bit of Circa Survive which I'm a huge fan of.
    I might actually check out the new album and Mothership for a start.
    I have to admit I've always kinda shrugged them off. I missed out on some great music it seems :hmm:

Last edited: May 29, 2018
    Sasuke likes this.
    Sasuke

The best song on the album imo

The album is out but I've been listening to it since it leaked, and it's fantastic! not so good like Mothership (as expected). My main issue is there's not so much funky stuff like Young Robot and Flossie Dickey Bounce. :(

Favorite songs: Count Bassy, Suspended in This Disaster, The Rattler, Bloodsucker, Care.
    Least favorites: only Shelf Life mostly because I'm not a fan of their old vocalist who sing most of the song. I only like the Tillian albums.

Last edited: Jun 8, 2018