Chester Interview with Australian Herald Sun

Discussion in 'News' started by Joe, Oct 21, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
    Joe

Joe I'm tried LPA Administrator

Linkin Park vocalist Chester Bennington recently spoke to AU: Herald Sun where talks about the new album and the differences between him and his band mates. It's a really open interview and Chester gives some interesting points. Check out a section of the article below and the full article after the jump.

[thumb]http://www.lpassociation.com/articleimages/102110-122716_340287-linkin-park.jpg[/thumb]

"We're young and no one gives you a how-to book on how to make successful rock records," says Bennington.

"It's not like you get hired to do this job and anybody can do it. That's why it's a unique job to have. When we made Hybrid Theory we made music that we hadn't necessarily heard before.

"And with the success of that album, when we went back in the studio it was like everyone wanted us to have another record that was like that record, that was successful like that record. So we felt like we had to make another record like it, so we did.

"Then when it came time to make the third album it was like, 'Look, we know we can do this all the time, but is this the band that we wanna be for the rest of our lives, or do we wanna really push ourselves and challenge ourselves?'

"That's when we made the decision, and we grew a pair."

Source: heraldsun.com.au via Jay Sensei

Jeff

Jeff WORSHIP LPA Addicted VIP

I smiled when I saw this.

Though I read some comments about the album, most recently today on Blabbermouth (I just read it to laugh about the comments that are made about LP) that people really disagree just because ATS isn't a heavy metallic album. Just because A Thousand Suns isn't a heavy album, doesn't mean that members of Linkin Park lost their balls. In fact, if anything, their balls just got bigger for making an album that was probably tons more risky than Minutes to Midnight. Just my thoughts though.

Last edited: Oct 21, 2010
    CCtjehh

CCtjehh Because we love them

I'm reading it right now ^^
    LPTimes was quicker :p

Joe

Hahaha, damn that Jas! Naaa, We're good friends with them and I have nothing but love and respect for that site.

Also, this was a great read IMO. I really enjoyed when he was talking about how he's different from the rest of the band. Citing an orgy as an analogy is always a good thing I guess. :lol:

Brandon

Brandon I was Ree's 100th follower on Twitter.

"And with the success of that album, when we went back in the studio it was like everyone wanted us to have another record that was like that record, that was successful like that record. So we felt like we had to make another record like it, so we did.

"Then when it came time to make the third album it was like, 'Look, we know we can do this all the time, but is this the band that we wanna be for the rest of our lives, or do we wanna really push ourselves and challenge ourselves?'

"That's when we made the decision, and we grew a pair."

That third album, 2007's Minutes to Midnight, was rightly regarded as a step in a different direction. But A Thousand Suns now makes that look like baby steps.

"It definitely does," laughs Bennington. "This record makes Minutes to Midnight look like a tame journey. This record, we went out there. And hopefully the next album will make this album look like child's play too."

Chester is probably the most honest interviewee in Linkin Park.

And this just confirms it: Meteora was created to follow up on the success of Hybrid Theory. It is the least "honest" piece of work in the LP catalogue.

I also agree that when ATS came out, I almost can't listen to MTM anymore. It seems so dull in comparison.

Benjamin

Benjamin LPA team LPA Super VIP

It was in my sig before I even read your post :lol:.

Joe

Definitely. Chester is great for interviews and definitely the most honest. I really like that about him and in some ways, it's good to hear him feel the same way as the fans feel about certain things.

MKH

MKH Bat of Gotham LPA Super VIP

Agreed, as noted in another example: His "(bleep) isn't down here with us so I don't give a f--- what (bleep) says - let's put this album out there" monologue on Meeting of A Thousand Suns.

About the picture, it's cool/funny/weird that only Mike and Joe aren't wearing some kind of jacket lol.

Scube

Scube Well-Known Member

Thats what i wanted to read, cool interview.
    And why there's always something wrong with brad's head :D

TheZlajaZlo

TheZlajaZlo Closing LPA Super Member

I can't listen to Meteora anymore (as much). It's a good album but compared to other 3, it's just not that strong.

Last edited: Oct 21, 2010
    cstebila

cstebila an emerging paradigm

Very cool interview, as always thanks for the news article about it. Interesting to here Chester talk of an being in an orgy...

cradle

cradle Foreword LPA VIP

Haha yea i read this earlier, good read.

Abel

Abel Chester Bennington saved my life.

"A lot of people will love it, and a lot of people will need to digest it and get over what perhaps their expectations were, and a lot of people are gonna be like, 'What the f--- is this? Are you kidding me?' And all of those reactions are totally awesome. I prefer any one of those over, 'Yup, it's exactly what I thought they were gonna do'. Like, 'It's another Linkin Park record, woo!' " - Chester Bennington

One of the many quotes that I love from this guy. :D

Moridin

Moridin Death Contagious Deity

"This record makes Minutes to Midnight look like a tame journey. This record, we went out there. And hopefully the next album will make this album look like child's play too."

I'm very happy that's the attitude he has going forward. Keep pushing the boat out.

Gloomy Mushroom

Gloomy Mushroom Absolute Zero LPA Super VIP

I actually bought the paper in the first time in ages and saw this! I was like "yay! well worth my money!"

Avo

Avo Don't Stop Running

Haha Brad looks like he has a neck problem in that picture. Good read though.

minuteforce

minuteforce Danny's not here, Mrs. Torrance. LPA Team

^ Pretty much what I'm hoping for too. :)

Brad cocking his head to the side in the photo makes me laugh. ;D

Ree

Ree a female witch. LPA Administrator

lol @ Brad in that pic.

Nice interview, the orgy quote was funny.

Dean

Dean LPA Addict LPA Addict

Looks like the weight of all that hair is finally taking its toll on Brad's neck.

Ree

Ree a female witch. LPA Administrator

Lmao I think Mike is starting to experience similar problems too judging by this picture.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.