Chester Bennington Support Thread - We're here for you

Discussion in 'Chester Bennington' started by Kevin, Jul 24, 2017.

1. Benny_

Benny_ Member

Feel ok then celebration evening happens and then feel down for a while then ok then autopsy stuff comes out and back to square one then ok again and new stuff from Mike comes out and back to the old again..need to really take a break from following talinda etc but it's hard to as like to follow what she has to say as it's so insightful in some ways as even though it seems macabre I want to know what she has to say regarding those last days in some way to find out if there were any signs etc....its getting me down big time

Last edited: Feb 4, 2018
  2. Doridorica

Doridorica Well-Known Member

Does anyone else still have problems with watching LP interviews and concerts? It can be days when it's ok for me to wach them and quite enjoy and then, for two or three days, I can't watch anything because it's overwhelming. I keep thinking ''this is it, there'll never be a concert again, he is gone, this will never happen again'' and it makes me angry because I should accept it by now and not have mood swings like the ones immediately after everything. It makes me wonder if I'll ever be able to normally watch videos again.

3. Ben

Ben Well-Known Member

I feel like a lot of times Linkin Park released music around May or June. I'm a teacher, and so this is when students get really excited about summer break. I always looked forward to hearing the new stuff. I remember rushing home from work one day when iTunes began streaming Living Things in its entirety so I could listen to it. I also remember getting an email containing Wretches and Kings and rushing home so I could listen to that. I remember when The Hunting Party first leaked and trying to listen to shitty qualities of the songs on my phone in the bathroom during lunch breaks. I always associated these times with the nice, warm weather and all-around joy that students had with them when summer break was approaching. I don't know why, but I had a random thought this morning that I'll never get to experience that again. Just one of those small random things I took for granted.

Tony V likes this.
  4. Derek

Derek LPAssociation.com Administrator LPA Administrator

It's mixed. Listening to their music I've been able to do for a few months now, and I can even listen to OML live without issue.

But once I watch an interview with Chester or watch a video of Chester performing? Can't do it. I at most make it through 1-2 songs and have to stop. Cause I realize the person I am looking at isn't with us any more and it's a punch right in the gut.

Doridorica likes this.
  5. Doridorica

Doridorica Well-Known Member

Thanks for your reply, it’s strangely comforting to know there are people going through the same because sometimes it feels like I’m alone in these feelings after almost 7 months. I feel odd because I should get used to watching live videos by now.
    The feeling of sadness hit me today after accidently coming across a live video and I realized he’ll never perform again and we’ll never get to go to a concert to see him or have M&G. It has been easy to watch them for the last couple of days so this hit me pretty hard. I wonder when it’ll be easy to watch them every day without being sad.

6. Lotus

Lotus Death by panda cuteness LPA VIP

It goes with ups and downs. I listen to LP almost every day in the car without too much trouble, but I was watching The Catalyst on Youtube yesterday, just listing to Chester's amazing vocals and I suddenly got hit with this overwhelming sadness that we'll never get to hear a new song with his voice on it again (except for maybe a demo) and it bummed me out like nothing else... His death still really hurts and I think it will continue to hurt for a while. So yeah, you're not alone in this.

7. Evan_5397

Evan_5397 Well-Known Member

So I took a lot of inspiration and strength from Chester, like many of us it felt as if he was somehow singing about our lives to us as a way to help or console us. I’ve kind of given them a break, some songs I can listen to,some I can’t. I’ve been dealing with some relationship stuff the last while and just now after getting home from a night out I played “nobody can save me” and it just hit me all over again, except the strength of Chester that I usually drew from is gone now and I feel very lost. I can’t believe I’m even typing this but I’m fearful for myself if I keep it in. I don’t know what to do. Life is hard.