Chester Bennington Support Thread - We're here for you

Discussion in 'Chester Bennington' started by Kevin, Jul 24, 2017.

1. crazygolfer

crazygolfer Well-Known Member

That is such an inspirational and beautiful story. I'm happy for you that you go to meet Chester; that's so awesome. :)

2. Forfeit to Break

Forfeit to Break Well-Known Member

Thank's for sharing, this inspiring post. Stay strong and remember LP's music and the fan community will always be there for you. So glad you got to meet Chester.

3. Doridorica

Doridorica Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

HybridT, Blake, YoMarques and 5 others like this.
  4. LohithMohan

LohithMohan It's like I'm paranoid...or am I?

That pic is beautiful. Thank you for sharing. Made me smile even tho I teared up.

barush and Lynn like this.
  5. Lynn

Lynn Well-Known Member

Miss him so much It still hurts so much and I don't know if I go today without crying.. Beautiful pic, pretty sure he's happy up there smiling down on us. He knows we care.

barush and Doridorica like this.
  6. Doridorica

Doridorica Well-Known Member

This is his most recognizable feature: infectious smile :(

Blake, Modern Guitar God and Lynn like this.
  7. LohithMohan

LohithMohan It's like I'm paranoid...or am I?

Hope you don't mind me sharing your story on my social media

8. dreamerpoet

dreamerpoet Well-Known Member

He wrote to help with his demons, but also to help us with ours, I truly believe that, because from all accounts that's the person he was, he wouldn't think you were being selfish

Lynn and Hybrid like this.
  9. Hybrid

Hybrid Has gone Rogue. LPA Team

I couldn't have worded a reply any better than this. @Lynn, this reply is accurate.

Lynn likes this.
  10. Lynn

Lynn Well-Known Member

Thank you. I'm sure you're right And thank you too @Hybrid

Hybrid likes this.
  11. dreamerpoet

I hope it helps to think about it that way, even just a little.

12. ZEC

ZEC New Member

Hi.

I'm new here in this forum. I've been a fan of LP since I was 9 or 10 (I'm 26 now), around the time they released Hybrid Theory, but I never bothered to check for forums or LP sites coz I was already satisfied just listening to their songs. Now that this happened, I needed a place safe from judgmental people and negative comments so I'm really glad I found this.

It still really hurts. It's been almost a week but I'm still crying every time I think about it most esp when I'm alone. I know I love LP but I never knew how much I love them until now, most esp Chester (I was more of a Mike fan in all honesty). It's weird feeling this way, feeling like I lost a family member, to think Chester is someone I don't know personally. He didn't even know I exist. I think I feel this way because I know what he's been through and I lost couple of friends due to depression. I'm not a depressive kind of person but I know how it feels to be helpless so I can just imagine the hell he's been in when he was still with us.

I don't know what happens to LP now but all I know is I just want them to know we're still here for them and I want them to physically, mentally, and emotionally be okay.

As for Chester, I hope he's in a much better place now. I hope he's happy and he's enjoying the freedom he's always wanted when he was still with us.

I love the man so much and I will forever love him until the time I see him again.

Sorry for this lengthy 'speech.' I've been wanting to say this since he left us but I've got no one to talk to about it so thank you. Looking forward to spending more time with you and knowing you guys.

Blake, barush, darkviruz and 3 others like this.
  13. Lynn

Lynn Well-Known Member

Couldn't have said it better - thanks for sharing your story. You're very welcome and we're here for each other everytime

14. Carla

Carla Well-Known Member

Beautiful

15. Carla

Carla Well-Known Member

We are always here for you to talk

16. Carla

Carla Well-Known Member

It's getting so close to the time he was found. I had a realisation that he was dead by now and I'm so seriously struggling now

17. Hybrid

Hybrid Has gone Rogue. LPA Team

I realize its tough, just know that obsessing over times and dates and particulars regarding those times and days is not a way to remember him by. Try not to focus on the end. Instead, try to remember the infectious smile and the all around good that he tried to spread. I think he would want that more.

Lynn likes this.
  18. dreamerpoet

Me too........BUT I just keep focusing on the fact that I'm here and his pain is over now. As much of a struggle as it is to keep putting one foot in front of the other, and it's a HUGE struggle, we're here and we have to keep moving forward, because we need to help each other through this and be here for each other.

19. dreamerpoet

and this is a beautiful thought...much as it hurts I think I'm going to try and find some videos where he's smiling and remember the joy he brought for the time we had him

20. Carla

Carla Well-Known Member

I am so trying to remember the good stuff, his smile, fooling around and how darn awesome the music is, but the thoughts sneak in and scream so loudly

Lynn likes this.