Breaking The Single

Discussion in 'News' started by Will, Nov 21, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Omar A

Omar A Beyond Science LPA Super Member

You're a Genius :)

2. Michael

Michael Well-Known Member

I wud like to hear something new. I can understand why they do it as people will go and buy the album if they like the single. But 4 us who alreay have the album we wud rarther hear something new. :mellow:

3. Pa-troll

Pa-troll Active Member

I will enjoy with every single and video (especially with the scenes with :joe: ) :D

4. Aaron

Aaron Foundation LPA Super Member

Personal song my ass, Mike.

5. Ryan

Ryan You Greasy Bastard LPA Super VIP

Its not a rumor when it was really said by Mike that BTH will not be a single. :rolleyes: [/b][/quote]
    Hey I'm not saying that Mike didn't actually say that. What I am trying to say is that too many people jump all over speculation and think it is true just because of something that someone said. I mean people in this world are allowed to change their mind and what not, and every song off of meteora is fair game as a single no matter what anybody says.

6. Will

Will LPA Addicted VIP LPA Addicted VIP

Hey I'm not saying that Mike didn't actually say that. What I am trying to say is that too many people jump all over speculation and think it is true just because of something that someone said. I mean people in this world are allowed to change their mind and what not, and every song off of meteora is fair game as a single no matter what anybody says. [/b][/quote]
    Well, when Mike specifically says in an interview "the song will never become a single, it's very personal to me" you kind of have to take that as his word.

Note: He didn't say it exactly like that. But there was an interview where Mike stated the song would never become a single.

7. Katie

Katie Member

I don't think that WB would make LP release a song they didn't want. But if BTH was so personal to Mike its odd that he would change his mind. BTH would make a great video though...

8. K1mm33

K1mm33 Guest

Breaking the Habits is a really a damn good choice :D ! I saw a copy of the live chat with Chester and he states that Breaking the Habits was in fact going to be the next single.

Now I don't want to seem naive, it could be some made up dialogue made on Adobe *shrugz* but that's an awful lot of work just for that. Plus there's nothing unbelievable if that song does become the next single, IF Mike said that it wouldn't then he probably changed his mind. It's only a guess but things do change.

I could understand why he said that the song was too personal to him. The song took about 6 years in the making. He put his all in that song for so long, it's understandble that he doesn't want to exploit it (also makes you wonder why that song wasn't on the Live in Texas album.

Personally Breaking the Habits would be my choice as their single because it has a great beat and is something I can see on the mainstream BillBoard. There's a deep sense in meaning as well and though it may be too personal...6 years? Mike deserves some recognition due to all his effort put into this one song.

P.S
    Yeah...I can see this song blow up as In The End did!

9. Kenzie

Kenzie Active Member

I like BTH. It's a deep song with a lot of meaning behind it, very personal but I do wish that they had chosen another song where both Mike and Chester were equally showcased. I am trying to imagine the video and what Mike will be doing in the video and nothing at all comes to mind. I wish they had chosen something a little bit harder like Hit the Floor.

Maybe they'll have Mike pretending to conduct an orchestra. Who knows.

10. Mark

Mark Canadian Beauty LPA Administrator

Breaking The Habit*. ;). Not habits.

The chat log was posted by a moderator on the official LP message board, of course it's not doctored to say that.

The song wasn't on Live In Texas because they didn't play it on summer sanitarium, so obviously a song that wasn't played isn't going to be on the live album.

And I certainly hope it won't be brutally overplayed like ITE was. I can hardly bear to listen to the song anymore, it's lost all meaning because i've heard it way too many times on radio and tv.

11. el_pollo_loco

el_pollo_loco New Member

i agree. it just doesn't have the vibe of a single. and you would think that if it was to be released later on that they would play it during all of their live shows. [shurgs] who knows...

12. Monika

Monika Active Member

I´m looking forward to BTH vid..... cause I like this song :rasberry:

13. Spike_Noda_Slave

Spike_Noda_Slave Banned

OMG OMG OMG!!... *dies* i can't wait... haaaa god i luv thoses guys... their songs cannot b written any better.. everythin i feel they describe... and if i tried 2 finish any of my songs that i write... they'll prolly end up like theirs... :argh: :( i just can't wait 4 that song 2 come out... its the best!... its so..ME!.... so much more i hafta say..but i'll leave it... GO LP!!!... \m/... PS - Damn u Mike Shinoda! Damn u and ur damn SEXY ass!..lol...that is all!

14. The Doctor

The Doctor I wear a fez now. Fez's are cool. LPA Super Member

Oh god.....this is what I was afraid of with this song.....

TEENIES.

15. breaking_point

breaking_point Member

Oh god.....this is what I was afraid of with this song.....

TEENIES. [/b][/quote]
    :wth: My thoughts exactly :x

16. Mark

Mark Canadian Beauty LPA Administrator

:wth: My thoughts exactly :x [/b][/quote]
    Ditto. This is what I hate about this song being a single. I hope they record a rockier darker version like what Evanescence did to "My Immortal".

17. Omar A

Omar A Beyond Science LPA Super Member

I hope they do that too

18. crawlin_fan

crawlin_fan Well-Known Member

But surely what makes BTH so utterly different from anything LP has ever done is it's distinct original format. That's the primary reason I'm delighted the song is to be a single and to 'tamper' with it, in my eyes, would undermine it's uniqueness amongst LP songs.

19. chaz Shinizzle

chaz Shinizzle Well-Known Member

Woohooo! can't wait. i never thought they'd ever release it since it is a personal record but ohh well there goes that theory!
    can't wait to see what the video will look like!

20. jasontojason

jasontojason Member

ARE YOU KIDDING ME?!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    god damn great!
    my favorite from METEORA is Breaking The Habit. i'm so excited.
    i thought there would be no more single from meteora. cuz it has totally 4 singles. and From The Inside is the last one.
    so glad to hear that Breaking The Habit is gonna be another one!
    Faint let me start to like LP. BTH made me love their music.
    (w00t) (w00t) (w00t)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.