Breaking The Habit

Discussion in 'Linkin Park Chat' started by Cal, Dec 22, 2003.

Cal

Cal LPA Super Member LPA Super Member

Heres my view on this song, and lay yours down too

There was alot of hype around this song before meteora was released, and when i first heard it, i was like whoa, what a let down, this is good, but very over-rated, but now when i hear the orchestra and beats at the start, its simply amazing, this song coudnt be better, and the lyrics are amazing, probobly the best ever written for me, this song is 100%, and alot of effort has gone into this, and i really hope this is linkin parks most succesful song worldwide, and their first U.K number one

Omar A

Omar A Beyond Science LPA Super Member

IMO, BTH is the best song LP have ever done. I think it will be an awesome hit. :D

crazy_caos

crazy_caos Well-Known Member

I totally agree with you two, i think BTH is a great song, the lyrics are amazing, one of the best LP song ever, i hope this song have a lot of success. ^_^

Anthony.

Anthony. .Orestes LPA Super VIP

It's gonna be a hit, but not because of the usual LP fans. Watch out for the incoming teenie attack.

The same thing on a smaller scale happened for Numb. People that almost never heard and talked about LP liked that song, but wouldn't like the usual stuff.

Mcnasty

Mcnasty Y2K

IMO >?

Omar A

Omar A Beyond Science LPA Super Member

IMO >? [/b][/quote]
    IMO = In My Opinion

Mcnasty

Mcnasty Y2K

I C. I thought it was a song then went crazy trying to figure out what song it was :mellow: for about 2 mins :D

Will

Will LPA Addicted VIP LPA Addicted VIP

"Breaking The Habit" is great, but the lyrics aren't.

You'd think, after 6 years, Mike would've been able to come up with a much, much better chorus.

*shrugs*

The Doctor

The Doctor I wear a fez now. Fez's are cool. LPA Super Member

Chester wrote the lyrics for it based off of what Mike wanted. Mike just wrote the music.

Will

Chester wrote the lyrics for it based off of what Mike wanted. Mike just wrote the music. [/b][/quote]
    And where did you read that?

Mike said himself he wrote the lyrics in about 2 hours.

EvolutionaryFuse

EvolutionaryFuse Ambient

watch the making of meteora dvd, mike says ive been wanting to write this song for 6 years now, BTH will be awsome, not only the lyrics and the music, but th video will be equaly awsome.
    unfortunatly i dont think it will hit number 1 in the UK, but it will be huge in the the U.S.
    the string cords are unbelievable, and i cant wait till its released
    and if enay 1 hasnt seen it performed live uve missed out, cos its unbelievable, and oh yes have it on mp3, so i cant wait to to see the video

Mr Fred i agree with you all the way

Phantom Duck

Phantom Duck You are my detonator. LPA Super Member

And where did you read that?

Mike said himself he wrote the lyrics in about 2 hours. [/b][/quote]
    It's actually in the booklet notes.

punkprincess

punkprincess Member

dude u gotta appreciate it for what it is. BTH is a song that a lot of people can relate to in different situations. its a very powerful and emotional song, when u listen to the song, keep in mind the fact it took him so long to write it, then u will appreciate true music when u hear it

HARLEYsheXda

HARLEYsheXda Well-Known Member

i think the song is good... the lyrics - modest (straight to the point without Mike having to reinterpret it), the music, i have to say, is excellent... say that i'm crazy but the intro (the sounds which "rattles" at the beginning of the songs) sounds much like an opening of a "game" or something... (super shinobi, maybe????!!!!!... nah, i just guessing...) everytime i hear it i'll, say, memorizing the sounds like i've heard that before but cannot recall when and where did i hear it...

it's actually good that the band is willing to venture into another sounds and tunes and to include other meant-for-orchestra (violin, violas etc) instruments into their songs... this is what a band like Silverchair was doing for their 'Diorama' album... a lot of symphony, harmony and it's always perfect with rock or any other music... (but good music will never satisfy a person...) well, ur choice!

Will

This is straight from the Meteora booklet:

"Mike had been trying to write a song about this lyrical idea for over five years. He tried this theme a number of times, but nothing semed to do the song justice. Meanwhile, during the process of putting together this album, Mike began working on an interlude, crossing a digitally manipulated beat with strings and piano. Unexpectedly, Brad and Joe suggested that Mike turn the two-minute interlude into a full song. Tentatively titled "Drawing," the piece was extended to three minutes and 16 seconds when Mike took it home to write lyrics. In less than two hours, the lyrics that he had been trying to put together for years fell into place. With some finishing touches, live piano and live strings, the song was finally complete - six years in the making."

As you can see, Mike wrong the song in 2 hours. Chester didn't do a thing. My point is that, you would think Mike could've wrote a much better chorus after 6 years of sitting on the subject. Maybe it was Gilmore who screwed the song up. I don't know. But I can't stand the chorus of the song. Or the lyrics in general.

akorch16

akorch16 Active Member

no offense will... but is anything that you say/type a compliment to lp or one of the ppl on these boards? b/c judging from the front page of these boards, i have seen all negative opinions

erasethepain

erasethepain Well-Known Member

I thought that some of it was pretty good, and you almost never hear me say that about Meteora.

I'm picking me apart again

You all assume, I'm safe here in my room
    Unless I try to start again

Clutching my cure, I tightly lock the door

I hurt much more, than anytime before
    I have no options left again

I'll paint it on the walls, cause I'm the one at fault . . .

That's because Meteora was a let-down for every hardcore Linkin Park fan. Since there are no teenies like on the LPU and LPMB, that's all you have. The opinions here are actually backed up and worth reading. For some reason, Linkin Park thinks having the best fans is having teenies for fans. Because I guarntee they have more of those than true fans.

Will

I thought the lyrics were good, but too repetitive. Mike could've wrote way better lyrics, and made longer verses. I still think Gilmore helped f*ck it up.

akorch16

akorch16 Active Member

how did gilmore f*ck up the track? he was the one that suggested that they put live strings on the song.

The Doctor

The Doctor I wear a fez now. Fez's are cool. LPA Super Member

the ONE good thing he did for Meteora....