Breaking Bad

Discussion in 'The Living Room' started by ShinigamiPWN, Jul 20, 2011.

ShinigamiPWN

ShinigamiPWN Sir? SIR?

Just picked it back up recently and watched the entire series over in a couple of days. Also, the newest season just started Sunday.

Opinions?
    Hopefully I'm not the only one who watches. :x

travz21

travz21 Muscle Museum LPA Super Member

I was going to start watching this online. It sounds like the most interesting series out there I haven't watched yet. Mad Men sounds lame. Entourage sounds ok. Other than that I watch like every show known to man.

Mark

Mark Canadian Beauty LPA Administrator

Most intense show on television. It starts off slow in the first season, but by the 5th-6th episode everything goes to shit and it really picks up.

Snail

Snail LPA Super Member LPA Super Member

I have a feeling Pinkman is going to turn out as the series' main adversary at some point.

ShinigamiPWN

ShinigamiPWN Sir? SIR?

There's already some resentment between Jesse and Walt. And what Walt made him do at the end of S3 seemed to make it much worse. But I also see somewhat of a father-son relationship between them. Walt seems to feel the need to protect Jesse, and even though he's caused him a good deal of misfortune he's still sticking by him. Eh.. who knows what'll happen. This show is so twisty, lol.

It's the most intense show I've ever seen. @_@

Bennington_Hahn

Bennington_Hahn This goes out to everybody still hatin' LPA VIP

Probably my favourite series on TV right now. As a long time fan of Bryan Cranson (from Malcolm in the Middle) when I saw the first season on TV I was hooked from episode one. Brilliant Acting. Incredible script. But when it came to season 2 they never aired it in UK. or at least I never saw it. So I ended up getting the DVD boxset. It's been terrible to try and watch this series in the UK. No promotion or anything.

Anyway I haven't seen season 3 yet - which I'll buy as soon as it goes down in price. So, No spoilers guys! Thats another thing that this great show has is that it still has the ability to shock. I'm still getting over Tucco! :lol:

travz21

Bumping for the new season.

I watched the first 4 seasons last summer in about a week and couldn't get enough of it. I think the writing gets lazy at times and it could be way better, but the characters are great. And when the writers are on, they nail it, like the last few episodes of season 4. I can't wait for this season.

Bennington_Hahn

Bennington_Hahn This goes out to everybody still hatin' LPA VIP

Yeah, no spoilers please guys! I'm still halfway through S3 & waiting for S4 to come out on DVD! :lol:

Kevin

Kevin A Pattern To Be Followed. LPA Administrator

Watched first episode of the new season... holy shit!

Jordan

Jordan Secret Robot

yo what about like a magnet

ernieball003

ernieball003 Well-Known Member

Finished the first season and a plan to pick up the next three season and eventually keep pace with the final season.

Love the show.

EDIT: Annnnnd over the course of a few days off I pretty much spent my time watching the second, third, and fourth season in succession.

Now I've just got to keep pace with the new season. Not sure where the series can turn now. It could've ended after a fourth season and it would've ended just fine.

Last edited: Jul 25, 2012
    Mark

Mark Canadian Beauty LPA Administrator

So, um, holy shit @ the mid-season finale.

This show will end as the greatest drama in TV history.

iamsatan

iamsatan Well-Known Member

I'm so late on this show, I just finished the whole thing in less than a week, it's fucking amazing. I liked season one the most but damn season 4 had an insane finale, so damn boss.

Mitch

Mitch YTB

A show has never made me feel so depressed, yet I love it and I can't stop watching.

travz21

I wouldn't be so sure of that. It depends entirely on the last 8 episodes. The writers have shown they are capable of writing some pretty mediocre stuff. Seasons 2, 3, and 4 were riddled with a mixture of amazing writing and horse shit writing. Though every episode from season 5 was basically flawless and some of the best writing I've ever seen, so hopefully they got their shit together. I don't want another Lost disaster.

ernieball003

ernieball003 Well-Known Member

Unlike The Walking Dead the Breaking Bad peeps know how to pace their show effectively, if not predictably.

travz21

Don't get me started on The Walking Dead lol. Really cool show, but really, really bad. Worse writing than True Blood I think. I can't stop watching though.

Jesse

Jesse Out of the abyss. LPA Über VIP

Damn Vince Gilligan for making have to wait an entire year for the conclusion of Breaking Bad!

Also, The Walking Dead comics are very good. Much better writing than the TV show, which I still really enjoy. But the best Walking Dead experience is the game I think. It has better story telling than the series and is more emotionally satisfying than it too, and I really like the graphic novel style art work.

The game takes place before where the comic and tv show start.

travz21

I heard AMC was forcing the show to split into two 8-episode seasons instead of one 16-episode season. This was planned a while ago. None of the final 8 episodes have been filmed yet.

Jesse

Jesse Out of the abyss. LPA Über VIP

Yes it was planned a while ago, and none of the final 8 are filmed yet. I am pretty sure production starts in November and filming starts in late January or early February.

I don't think it was AMC's decision, I think that the producers had a choice to either film all 16 episodes in succession or to split them in half. Splitting them in half offers many advantages that filming them all at the same time would not.

Some of these advantages are

1. With season 5.5 counting as a new seasons actors can get a raise.
    2. More money can be spent on production.
    3. Advertising revenues will increase as any show gets the most viewers on the premiere and the finale.
    If they split the season in half there are two premieres and two finales which means more viewers and more money all around.
    4. They may put out season 5(.1) out on DVD and Blu-Ray to sell to make more money also.