Bowling For Columbine

Discussion in 'The Living Room' started by Methybrea, Feb 25, 2004.

Methybrea

Methybrea Well-Known Member

Just watched Bowling For Columbine on DVD. Its a great movie that really clears up the problem about stuff like corporate America, guns, the media, etc. Michael Moore did an AWESOME job!

I really liked how they showed the difference between Canadians and Americans! :lol: That was so funny, and all of it was TRUE, me being a Canadian myself. And I can't think of anyone that locks their door in the day, most don't even at night for that matter! :p

It would be cool if I could hear other peoples views and have a discussion on it.

PS: I loved Marilyn Manson's interview! He owned! B)

Todd

Todd FLǕGGȦ∂NKđ€ČHIŒβǾLʃÊN LPA Administrator

Yeah, I saw that a couple weeks ago in school and thought it was a great movie. It's made me want to move to Canada :lol:

Will

Will bread crumbs & white stones LPA Addicted VIP

The only thing I know about that movie is that they got the title from something that happened the day Columbine was shot up: The two kids went bowling before they shot up the school.

w00t for knowledge.

Nikki

Nikki I have no idea what is going on LPA Super Member

Micheal Moore is a genius. I've read a few of his books (Stupid white men and some other one) and they've cracked me up.

Bowling for Columbine really hit home for some reason. The film was way too graphic at times for me to handle and oh my god the irony of having some rifle association there at one point <_>'

Blah I'm going on with myself: Bowling for Columbine is a great documentary. Enough said.

dips

dips Banned

I will tell you right now, whatever that man says isn't true. It's already been proven, he's a left wing democrat that should be shot.

He messed up the whole "documentry". He lied, cut out parts to make opinoins look one way when they were in another way. He's a 'tard and I hate that man. :angry:

Nikki

Nikki I have no idea what is going on LPA Super Member

You're warned for calling someone 'retarded'.

Meh no matter what someone's opinions are, why slate them for it? <./hypocrite mode>.

Todd

Im a left wing democrat too, you wanna shoot me?

Nowhere Kid

Nowhere Kid Well-Known Member

I saw it about a week ago, amazing documentary. Michael Moore is a genius! I completely agree with everything, guns are becoming a problem.

I'm also glad to say I'm Canadian. ^_^

withnoapologies

withnoapologies Well-Known Member

True, Micheal Moore did cut a few things out for a point to be proven, i have two examples, but they are hard to explain if it is not verbal.

i saw the movie in March in the theatres last year, then i rented it in August, then rented it in December. I've seen it maybe 6 times. I am currently trying to convince my teacher that my class should watch it...

if you haven't heard me say this yet, Michael Moore is my idol....i love that guy.... books are awesome, movies awesome... letters for the mailing list awesome.... just plain awesome.

w00t to Michael Moore!

$pvcxGhxztCasey

$pvcxGhxztCasey meanwhile... LPA Addicted VIP

care to explain how he lied?

one thing i've learned at the LPA, if you have an opinion, you better be willing to back it up.

dips

dips Banned

I didn't call the person talking a tard, I called Michael Moore one. It's my opinoin so I should be allowed to do that.

Next time, please read things a little better -.-

Will

Will bread crumbs & white stones LPA Addicted VIP

I didn't call the person talking a tard, I called Michael Moore one. It's my opinoin so I should be allowed to do that.

Next time, please read things a little better -.- [/b][/quote]
    It doesn't matter. That language isn't allowed. Thanks much.

dips

dips Banned

care to explain how he lied?

one thing i've learned at the LPA, if you have an opinion, you better be willing to back it up. [/b][/quote]
    I back myself up far more than others do.

As stated above, he cut out parts to make it look as if a person speaking was either tongue tied, lieing, or stupid. The man's evil.
    I believe there were a few stats that were wrong as well, been awhile since I last debated this man.

I'll look the rest of it up right now.

Hybrid Soldier

Hybrid Soldier Y2K

so true. and if someone was rude enough to break in, might as well boot 'em out of the country. :p

lprandyb

lprandyb Active Member

its a great film, n it really hits u to what gun crime is all about, especially the bit with all the statistics,

it was funny wen he just went round ppls houses to see if there doors were open, lol, it it was good how they got the ppl that were effected by the shootings in the school to go to wal-mart and stop them sellin bullets etc.

its a great film

dlpalex

dlpalex Well-Known Member

BFC is an awesome movie. He totally got the facts straight and totally got interviews about the subject and even tried i.e. Ricard Clark. Ricard's a @%&#* for not answering Michael's question.

dips

dips Banned

He did too answer the questions, M.M. just cut parts out to make it look like he didn't. Do you guys NOT watch the news?! o.o

And I'll tell you right now, CNN and MSNBC is not reliable at all. Not only did they hide facts about what Sadam was doing (to keep their burocery up there), but most of their news brodcasters are now over at FoxNews.

Todd

where's your proof? And no, some bullshit taken from Bill ORiley doesn't work

$pvcxGhxztCasey

$pvcxGhxztCasey meanwhile... LPA Addicted VIP

I don't believe anything the news says, sorry.

I mean, it's really just another form of US progaganda/paparazzi bullshit. I don't trust anything I read, not even on the internet or newspapers or anything.

dips

dips Banned

where's your proof? And no, some bullshit taken from Bill ORiley doesn't work [/b][/quote]
    :angry: No, more than just that. Unlike MOST people, whom are very ill-informed, I watch other news programs, read newspapers.
    I'm hardly even taking note on sh*t like that anymore, most papers lie, and truly the only thing I'll read or pay slight attention to is republican news sources.

Damn me for it, but at least I can admit when I'm wrong. Unlike liberals who'll call the US people stupid, lie, steal, cheat (on wives as well -.0), and are hypocrits.

-.- I rather depise politians.