Bonnaroo 2008

Discussion in 'Other Music' started by $pvcxGhxztCasey, Dec 12, 2007.

$pvcxGhxztCasey

$pvcxGhxztCasey meanwhile... LPA Addicted VIP

Yeah, so, I don't know of anyone else on this board that actually cares about Bonnaroo, much less actually attends it, like I do. But I just had to share this news with someone, since it's just so freaking awesome and stupid at the same time.

It's since been proven false that Led Zeppelin will play, but nothing as come about of Metallica.

Seriously. fucking METALLICA. At Bonnaroo. It's basically the 00s version of the 69 Woodstock every-year. Which translates into alot of pot, acid, hippies and jam bands.

METALLICA.

Chris Luke

Chris Luke LPA Super Member LPA Super Member

I always wanted to go to Bonnaroo and smoke lots of a hookah and just have as much fun as humanly possible. I'm actually going to try at making an attempt to go this year.

$pvcxGhxztCasey

If I'm not on probation by that time, you can camp out with my friends & I.

Chris Luke

Bad ass Casey. I might be going with my friend Mike. Gonna take a trip from LI to his house in Philly to Manchester if we're going. Need to get a budget and his 12 passenger van together though. And big jars of peanut butter to hide the hookah and shit.

$pvcxGhxztCasey

Honestly, it's not hard to sneak in anything at all. If you get there before 'Roo officially begins, it's criminally (no pun intended) easy to get anything in there.

The cops that are there are mainly patrolling to find people that sneak in. Which, they suck at, since we walked right past them and through the main gate on the night that Tool was playing. Didn't get searched once. The only time I ever saw anyone interact with a cop in a negative way was when we were passing under the arch to enter the main stage for Tool, and the cop told some guy to throw away his beer. But that was it.

It's a very laid back environment. They seek out the harder shit like LSD like a motherfucker, but I regularly saw cops on their little golf carts smoking joints with other cops and the people camping out.

Chris Luke

Hmm, well more or less, we don't want to risk getting pulled over and having some asshole state trooper finding our hookah. Better safe than sorry. Thanks for the heads up though man!

Can't wait to see the full lineup for this, it's always amazing.

$pvcxGhxztCasey

Do you know what city in Tennessee you're going to pass through to get to Manchester? I would avoid Shelbyville like the plague. My town, Tullahoma, isn't that rough with things like a hookah. Manchester is a pretty cool little town, obviously.

Chris Luke

I just checked out our basic route, and we don't pass through any of the towns you mentioned. We're gonna be on I-24 W for most of the way through Tennessee though.

$pvcxGhxztCasey

Oh, okay, so you're coming the Interstate way to TN and going to take the off ramp to Manchester. Yeah, be warned that they ALWAYS have massive searches the day the gates open on the interstate. About a year or so ago, there was a report on the news about it, and they arrested like 60 people for possession in like, an hour and a half.