Bitttorent, BitSpirit

Discussion in 'The Living Room' started by Mechanical Christ, Jun 20, 2005.

Mechanical Christ

Mechanical Christ Ein heißer Schrei LPA Super Member

I was thinking of using these to download stuff, besides using Limewire, so I was wondering if anyone knows how it works and stuff? Thank you :D

Cale.

Cale. Banned

Well basically you install a BT program on your computer, then you goto a Bit Torrent site e.g http://torrentsearcher.filesharingplace.com (which lets you search a number of BT sites)

Then when you find what your looking for you click on the file and find wherever you click to download, (it is in a different spot on some sites) and it downloads the torrent file and you open it with Bit Torrent. I'm pretty sure you can make your browser auto-open torrent files in Bit-Torrent after you download them. And then it starts to download. Your download speeds can vary depending on how many and who you connect onto.

But the Bit-Torrent network is kind of dying at the moment. Pretty much after SuprNova closed. There are lots of torrents that are dead now that don't work. mIRC is much more reliable and you get better download speeds usually.

Tomi

Tomi   LPA Addict

Well basically you install a BT program on your computer, then you goto a Bit Torrent site e.g http://torrentsearcher.filesharingplace.com (which lets you search a number of BT sites)

Then when you find what your looking for you click on the file and find wherever you click to download, (it is in a different spot on some sites) and it downloads the torrent file and you open it with Bit Torrent. I'm pretty sure you can make your browser auto-open torrent files in Bit-Torrent after you download them. And then it starts to download. Your download speeds can vary depending on how many and who you connect onto.

But the Bit-Torrent network is kind of dying at the moment. Pretty much after SuprNova closed. There are lots of torrents that are dead now that don't work. mIRC is much more reliable and you get better download speeds usually. [/b][/quote]
    Thanks for that site. ;)

Mind explaining how the IRC method works? I've never figured it out really, always wanted to. :mellow:

Mechanical Christ

Mechanical Christ Ein heißer Schrei LPA Super Member

Thanks for that site. ;)

Mind explaining how the IRC method works? I've never figured it out really, always wanted to. :mellow: [/b][/quote]
    Yes, I'm curious too.

Thank you Skywalker ^_^

Omar

Omar Administrator LPA Super Member

IRC, or Internet Chat Relay, is generally used to create chat rooms for disucssion (for instance, the LPA chat room). mIRC is simply a chat applet that you use to connect onto the server (ex. LPA.COM). From the server, you can connect to different channels within that server (ex. LPA's Chat Room) and do your dirty deeds.

http://searchirc.com/irc-music-1

The above URL is a good place to surf through different channels to find what you like. Generally, the channels with tons of members (longer bars) is better, assuming most are sharing.

How to use the client (MIRC):

1. Open mIRC and click the continue box, saying goodbye to Mr. Khaleed Bay. Don't he'll come back every time.

2. A new box should appear, in which you must fill in the fields for name, email, which you can fake. But make sure you put in a nickname and click the 'invisible mode' checkbox.

3. Now this is of importance. See the pyriamid on your left? Click 'Requests' and make sure you check the box that says 'Send !Nick file as private message'.

4. Click on servers from the pyriamid. You'll have to connect to a network (group of servers) and from there a server just to get to your channel (chat room). SearchIRC.com will give you all those details, so here we enter them in. Click 'Add' and enter in the details. From there you scroll the drop down-menu till you reach the Network, select your server (random is okay) and click 'OK'.

5. See the lightening bolt atop the client? Click it and wait. A new box will appear where you enter the channel. But, you must use a '#' before it (ex. #lpachatroom). Now you should be in!

However, each channel will have a different method of transfering files so you may want to ask for help or PM a leecher. Hope this helps

^_^

You can make donations payable to the 'Screw RIAA Fat Cats' Fund.