Best $26.70 Ever Spent

Discussion in 'Other Music' started by Todd, Jun 9, 2003.

Todd

Todd FLǕGGȦ∂NKđ€ČHIŒβǾLʃÊN LPA Administrator

So I just got back from Pointfest at the UMB Bank Pavillion, reeking of cigarretes, weed and alcohol, grass stains on my ass and burned to a crisp from the sun. But, the 26 bucks I spent on a ticket was the best money ever spent. The lineup was Staind, (hed) P.E., The Used, Cold, Finch, All-American Rejects, Seether, Trapt, Ra, Breaking Benjamin, Smile Empty Soul and Socialburn. One thing that sorta dissapointed me was that there was the main stage and a side stage, so I wasn't able to see all the bands, but what I did see was awesome:

SocialBurn-These guys weren't too bad at all. They were on the main stage.
    All American Rejects-Also on the main stage, but they werne't too great. I've never heard their CD, and now don't plan on buying it. I didn't like it much at all.
    Seether-Again, on the main stage, these guys kicked ass. I never knew Fine Again was written for Dave Williams of Drowning Pool until they mentioned it. When they performed F**k It, the entire lawn was one hell of a mosh pit, it was fun. Then they did a cover of Nirvana's You Know You're Right.
    Ra-On the side stage, this was awesome. Since there's no seating on the side stage, we all had to stand up, but you're close to the stage which is good. Overall, great performance from them.
    Finch-Right after Ra on the main stage, but the crowed cleared out between shows and I was able to move up front, my first time being in a true mosh pit. It was fun, and some hot chicks were crowd surfing, so being able to see and touch some things while passing them on wasn't too bad. But, Cold was starting to play on the main stage and I wanted to see them, so I had to leave after a couple Finch songs.
    Cold-Year of the Spider kicks ass, one of my favorite CDs, but they kinda sucked live. I was rather dissapointed.
    Breaking Benjamin-These guys were awesome on the main stage. I really enjoyed their performance.
    (hed) PE-These guys were on the main stage. Despite having the CD Blackout, I wasn't too familiar with their stuff, but it was a good performance. Their lead singer was a bit obsessed with beer, rolling joints, vagina, and getting balls licked (all he talked about between songs) but it wasn't too bad. They did enourage a lot of chicks to flash the stage, so I got to see some tits (w00t)
    Staind-I wouldn't miss this performance for anything. Headlining the concert, they started on the main stage at about 10PM. Words can't describe how much it kicked ass. 20,000 people were estimated to be there, and they had every one of them standing up and singing along; I was one. As soon as Aaron played the first few chords of Outside, the crowd went wild and they were singing along and stuff. They closed out with It's Been Awhile, again, another one everyone sang with.
    Another thing I loved about was their performance was the fact that they sang and only sang. Most of the other bands would say crap like "What's up St Louis!!!!" or "All you crazy mother ####ers need to get your ####### ass up and sing along and scream" in the middle of the song which I find quite annoying. Not once did Staind stop in a song to say anything, which was good. As far as Staind VS LP in concert goes, I've never seen LP live except for videos and stuff, and they look awesome on stage but I think Staind would be a bit better for one reason. As much as we all hate to admit it, LP has a lot of teenie bopper fans who would crowd the place and scream "OMFG CHESTER YOURE SO HOT!!!!!" which would ruin it for real fans. Teenie boppers wouldn't go within 5 miles of a Staind show because "OMFG THEY SING ABOUT SUICIDE THEYRE BAD!!!!!"

Because of the 2 stage thing, I didnt see Smile Empty Soul, Trapt or The Used which kinda sucked. But overall, it was a great show.

Will

Will LPA Addicted VIP LPA Addicted VIP

Damn, it sounds like you had a bitchin' time.

I'd love to see Breaking Benjamin, Cold, Trapt, Finch and Staind live and you had a chance to see them all live on the same night. Lucky illegitimate offspring of unmarried parents.

:D

Amy

Amy LPA VIP LPA Über VIP

Sounds like you had the best time! That would of been awesome. The bands that would be cool to see live there are Cold, Finch, Trapt, and Breaking Benjamin. Your so lucky!

Part.Of.Me

Part.Of.Me Banned

Thats sweet dude.. Some pretty kool bands played.. Thanx for the Review! ^_^

Neil

Neil Super Duper Member LPA Super Member

LMAO!

Cal

Cal LPA Super Member LPA Super Member

LMAO! (w00t) (w00t)

Andrea

Andrea best friends. LPA Addicted VIP

Wow. Sounds like you had one hell of a good time!
    I wish I could've been you!!!

Sounds awsome
    You lucky, lucky person

Mark

Mark Canadian Beauty LPA Administrator

I saw this line-up and my eyes opened wide, it was such an amazing group of bands. Bands I would have liked to see most would have been Cold, Staind, Finch, Breaking Benjamin, Trapt and Seether (although i've only heard "Fine Again"). I haven't heard RA, and I'm not that interested in The Used or hed(pe).

Sounds like you had a great time, awesome.

Todd

Todd FLǕGGȦ∂NKđ€ČHIŒβǾLʃÊN LPA Administrator

I think most of the bands are actually touring together, so keep your eyes and ears open, it might come to your city under a different name.

LProckon

LProckon Well-Known Member

Sounds like you had a lot of fun! Lucky you, being able to see some of them good bands :)