Belive Me string & Garage Band string sample

Discussion in 'Side Projects' started by Agent, Jan 30, 2007.

Agent

Agent Formerly known as Agent Sideburns LPA Über VIP

a friend of mine told me that a string sample from garage band is very much similar to the string mike used for believe me. i haven't heard the GB string yet...so i can't assure the authenticity of his words. he dared to say that mike "stole" the string part from that of GB's and use it in believe me!!! if anyone here uses Garage Band, plz verify this info.

Minus

Minus ohai LPA Addicted VIP

It's true. Although it is modified, it is indeed the string sample from Garage Band.

On a side note, a Jay Chou song also uses the string sample. I believe the english name is 'Besieged From All Sides.'

Dedicated

Dedicated LPA Addict LPA Addict

It's also very similar to the strings in Mean & Vicious by Lupe Fiasco.

Neil

Neil Super Duper Member LPA Super Member

It's not 'stolen'

He's licensed the program, the sample is his to use.

Agent

i think mike should have not done this. anyone with me?

nb. no offense mike

Kæton

Kæton is Keaton LPA Über VIP

There's a reason they package those samples with the programs... It would seem redundant to provide samples and discourage users of their products to use them. Technically it is/would not be his own string sample, but considering it was used to make a beat, not to mention that's one of how many tracks Mike has actually produced for Fort Minor shouldn’t necessarily discredit him. At least, I don't find his use of provided material a discredit to his abilities rather I see it as him using his resources and seizing opportunities. After all, that simple sample is really catchy. :lol:

Ander

Ander LPA VIP LPA Super VIP

Yea. It's like Dr. Dre hiring studio musicians. Except in this case the studio musician is an .aiff file or something.

Zakrisk

Zakrisk Smoke weed.

Maybe if we go looking around on Flashkit we'll find some Fort Minor songs.

Neil

Neil Super Duper Member LPA Super Member

When you think of how many movies use archive shots and sound effects this is very very minor (no pun :( )

lief92

lief92 Well-Known Member

i don't think mike is wrong to do this. i mean many rappers do it all the time. like even the fort minor song S.C.O.M had the sample of the intro of guns and roses sweet child of mine. i bet 50 cent takes samples and uses it for back music. not that i want to insult mike shinoda by comparing him to such a loser.

minuteforce

minuteforce Danny's not here, Mrs. Torrance. LPA Team

well, the mixtape used a lot of samples but the album (at first) boasted mike's production all the way through. the revelation that mike used a sample - and minimally, too - does not show that he can't come up with string parts himself or anything like that. he just liked that string part and he thought it'd do well with the song. it's not like that string part is the entire song so it's not like mike ripped off the song entirely from garage band. ;) at least he didn't get it from another song, ha.

Feenix

Feenix Well I Do

A lot of people tend to complain about this whole GB thing cause they think they remember Mike saying he wrote and played every part on the album. Whereas he actually said he wrote and played almost every part on the album, and makes a point of thanking people who get that right in interviews.
    Who cares if he used a sample? That's one part, not a whole song. The rest was up to him and he did it brilliantly.

Agent

dude it's not about caring and not caring.i just wantd to know whether it was true or not. and yes, ofcourse he did the project brilliantly!!!

mrn!n.@ftr

mrn!n.@ftr Member

yeah i have to agree with Jimbob, John and the whalers know how to hit the notes