Announcement Regarding Live Rips of Qwerty

Discussion in 'News' started by Derek, Aug 18, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
    Derek

Derek LPAssociation.com Administrator LPA Administrator

As suggested in the edits, all live recordings of Qwerty are currently under embargo at this time. The band's management has kindly requested that we remove any rips we come across, as well as the ones featured on our front page.

Since this is a request from people involved with the band, we plan to follow it to the tee, and will remove any rips posted on our forums in the future until further notice.

Thank you for your understanding.

In other and more happier news, The Linkin Park Association has received a mention in blabbermouth which can be found here!

The_Rising_Tied

The_Rising_Tied Well-Known Member

oh boy! why its just a live track? its not even the cd version...i dont understand but its up 2 u guys lol

androidkaita

androidkaita Well-Known Member

wow, goood thing I downloaded it earlier :D. Good thing is, you can download the song from youtube so thats good.

Li

Li Well-Known Member

Man, some of those comments on blabbermouth are crazy. I feel dumber after reading some of them.

$pvcxGhxztCasey

$pvcxGhxztCasey meanwhile... LPA Addicted VIP

Is it just recordings of Qwerty, or bootlegs? I was of the mind that LP didn't mind bootlegs.

Astat

Astat LPA Super Member LPA Super Member

I'm sure LP doesn't. But as we all know, labels are in full control of the music industry today, which is quite sad.

Derek

I dont think its so much that the band minds live bootlegs, it just probably had something bigger in mind for the 'world premiere' of Qwerty, and it didnt want the premiere to be through some tiny Japanese festival.

That's the way I'm looking at it. It's just like..Mike thought the leaking of RTN was cool, but sorta wanted it to 'wait' a little bit.

$pvcxGhxztCasey

$pvcxGhxztCasey meanwhile... LPA Addicted VIP

Summer Sonic Festival is anything but tiny, Derek. :p

And my question was more along the lines of... did LP's management ask for the live rips of Qwerty to be taken down, or everything to be taken down (even the live rip of the concert). You know.

Astat

Astat LPA Super Member LPA Super Member

I've just never understood why Warner yells at you guys (and sometimes LPFuse) more than any other site, when those are the 2 sites that actually strive to keep everything legal. There's sites like Linkin-Photo that are always stealing other people's shit, and Linkin-Inside has fucking full ALBUMS up for download on their site. And I've NEVER seen anybody yelled at for posting this kinda stuff on LPU, LP.com, FM.com, etc... you'd think they'd get their official sites under control before going for the fansites. -_-

Louis

Louis Message me if you need to talk. We love you all. LPA Team

Yeah, Summer Sonic is a pretty big deal. I mean, Linkin Park's first true concert since Projekt Revolution (excluding Live 8 and the Grammy's).

But I think the point Derek was trying to make is that Linkin Park wants it to come out with big surprise and whatnot, rather than through a leak of a bootleg of one of their concerts. They want it to give their fans a real showing of the change, and they weren't exactly planning it through bootlegs.

I'm not surprised, and I was expecting something like this to happen. And I think Linkin Park were expecting it too, but they took care of it evidently.

I'd like to see how the studio version sounds.

EDIT: Aren't bootlegs illegal? :lol:

Detri

Detri Well-Known Member

Does anyone think that QWERTY is actually that Machine Shop track that was "scrapped" and this isn't going to be on the new album at all?

The_Rising_Tied

The_Rising_Tied Well-Known Member

no it was scrapped... a while ago...i honestly doubt it

i just cannot wait for the studio recording for this song

El Muerto

El Muerto LPA Super Member LPA Super Member

Well I wouldn't be surprised if it doesn't appear on the album

Derek

No, I dont think its the scrapped track as that track was (quote unquote) 'a disaster' and they stopped working on it a little after that LPU newsletter was made.

And I'm going to be frank with you all. The reason why we and LPFUSE get yelled at more, is (not to sound cocky)...we get the most traffic. It's why other sites hate the LPA, and try to badmouth us on their forums..when all we're doing is trying to get the song first, like every other fansite on the planet was trying to do as well. I wont give names, but some IDIOT posted on YouTube about the 19 second clip (which was ripped for us by that guy apparently, according to my source) 'LPA steals again i c' which made me pretty mad since we thoroughly credited the guy who made it. Not to mention it turns out this idiot was from another fansite and wasn't exactly 'secretive' about it either. Way to go buddy.

To give you an idea, that 1.23MB clip claimed a total of 15.9 gigs from my friends server and had well over 12,600 downloads.

If WB/Machine Shop had even an inkling of an idea in regards that download amount, its very easy to understand why they would want the track down. It's basically worldwide already.

Tomi

Tomi   LPA Addict

15.9GB of bandwidth for just one small file, hoooooly fuuuck...o_O

Feenix

Feenix Well I Do

I'm quite annoyed with WB/MS actually. Do they not get that there is a massive die-hard LP community, that consists of thousands of people worldwide? We want new material. We've waited long enough. And as soon as we get something they expect us to sit back and ignore it and continue waiting for an official release. It's only a matter of time before WB/MS get in touch with YouTube and tell them to take my vid down. (Not before 10,000 people have seen it of course).
    I just find it annoying. I find most big labels annoying. They never think about the die hard fans of bands. Yes, I get the band maybe want to come out with the new material in one big blaze of glory. But they should have thought about that before playing new material. They KNOW what's going to happen if they play new material. We'll be all over it within minutes. my YouTube vid was getting 500 views every hour at one point.

Here's the funny part, LPA, LPFuse etc. have all been told to remove rips from their sites. Well, guess where you can still find them? linkinpark.com or fortminor.com . It's ridiculous. Shout at the fan sites but don't bother looking at your own site. No, there couldn't possibly be a leak there. idiots.

corell

corell Member

It sounds like guys from Warner are sitting all day and refreshing LPA and LPF to find "illegal" materials. Weird tactic...

Zakrisk

Zakrisk Smoke weed.

Lame of them to ask for it to be removed. When you play new material this is going to happen. It's not like this is taking away from the glory entirely, either. I know that I'm really looking forward to the studio verson of this song.

Andrea

Andrea best friends. LPA Addicted VIP

Aren't they sort of late of asking it to be taken down? A lot of people have it already anyway. :lol:

Oh well. What management says, we have to do.

JJ

JJ [i cant spoll preply]: LPA Super VIP

:lol:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.