Anime.

Discussion in 'The Living Room' started by Will, Jun 16, 2003.

Will

Will LPA Addicted VIP LPA Addicted VIP

I’ve noticed there are quite a few anime fans on these forums, and there are quite a few that don’t like it. If you don’t like anime, please don’t post in here ridiculing everyone who likes anime just because you don’t like it. You wouldn’t like that if you made a thread about something and someone came in and ridiculed you for it. So please, just state your opinions without flaming.

My favorite anime is the Dragon Ball series. At first, I didn’t find it too appealing but once I saw it I was hooked and I’ve seen every episode of Dragon Ball, Dragon Ball Z and Dragon Ball GT, and all the movies, including the lost movie and the made-for-TV movies (Bardock: Father Of Goku and The History Of Trunks). I personally really enjoy it. The plot is very intricate and a lot better than its so-called rival Sailor Moon. In Sailor Moon, there’s a new baddie every single episode, but Dragon Ball’s plot is spanned out over 10s of episodes. A little known fact is that Dragon Ball was not intended to be aimed at younger audiences. In Japan it’s one of the most violent anime they have, and it has tons of sexual inuendoes, blood and gore and offensive language and such.

I also really like Cowboy Bebop, the Gundam series, the Zoids series, Samurai X, Yuu Yuu Hakusho and several others. My favorite movie is Akira. Yes, that’s Mike’s favorite anime as well (thus where he got his nickname) but that’s not why it’s my favorite. It’s my favorite because it’s just a kick ass movie.

Name off your guys' favorite anime and whatnot, and we can discuss things, share ideas and things like that.

Jawknee

Jawknee Guest

She is the one...SAILOR MOON!!

I have about 5 tapes of Sailor Moon episodes, and not just the first 2 seasons they kept showing. I actually have the English dubbed seasons of SMR, SMS, SMSS, but SM Starlights (?) was never dubbed because it was...well...too graphic. Sailor Moon is amazing. Who knew a couple of chics in sailor outfits could make me tear up. I have lots of songs from those shows too, and I own all the English movies.

I also liked Ah My Goddess! Though I only saw like the first 3. I also liked Kiki's Delivery Service and Spirited Away. :D

sup103

sup103 Ambient

Hm. The only anime I really like is Sonic X, and that is because I am a huge Sonic fan. Bebop is cool too.

Kæton

Kæton is Keaton LPA Über VIP

When I was small, I used to watch a lot of Anime movies, but now, I can't even remember the names of most of them. I remember, the first Anime movie I had seen in about five years was Princess Mononuke (or something like that). I've watched the Dragonball series through it's entirety (almost). I've not seen most of the GT episodes and the movies, but almost all the Dragonball episodes I've watched were either in Japanese or uncut ;).

Sometimes I watch Cowboy Beebop, Gundam Wing, Yu Yu Hakusho (I think that's how it's spelt) and all those others that are just on T.V., but lately I've been busy and have yet to watch T.V. for more than half an hour :lol:.

I like Anime for the "character development" and realism ;). Sadly sometimes they go overboard and make shows like Pokemon, although making a show like that can make you instantly rich if successful :D.

CinnamonSpider

CinnamonSpider Well-Known Member

Awesomeness! now i really want to visist Japan!

[​IMG]
    Key of Clow!
    Power of Magic,
    Power of Light,
    Surrender the wand
    The force ignite!
    RELEASE!
    ...Sakura rocks! :D
    My fave. show would definately be Card Captors (dubbed Japanese cartoon based on a "manga" which began in 1996) I guess i like the concept of the Clow Cards; elements such as water, fire, wind, and earth, while the others hold powers such as strength, speed, time, ability, etc. it's a pretty kool. Now my favorite movie would probably be Voices of a Distant Star, it's lovely. You can check out the review HERE!
    I like watching anime, it's awesome and i also like to draw anime characters. :)

Hybrid Soldier

Hybrid Soldier Y2K

my fav anime has been and always will be dbz. i love the action that happens in the dbz series. dbgt doesnt have much (the saga when goku becomes a child) but i do want to see when he fights bebi and super andriod 17. they shud make a new cell saga with him absorbing everyone in hell. lol that wud be kick ass. :lol:

Chrissy

Chrissy Super Member

My very first anime to enjoy so intensely was Sailor Moon (and I can thank my sister's friend from high school for that :rolleyes: ) Next came DBZ although I didn't like it as much 'cuz for some reason i just don't enjoy all the fighting (call me crazy...i am!) Then my friend got me into Maison Ikkoku (the manga's better than the anime though) and Angel Sanctuary came next, followed by Chobits, and Magical Knight Rayearth. I also have to finish Fushigi Yuugi and Ceres: Celestial Legends.

MentalMel911

MentalMel911 Banned

The first anime that draw me into anime was Sailor Moon and DBZ. Later my brother found Detective Conan then I started liking all types of anime. I like:

Inuyasha
    Rurouni Kenshin
    Trigun
    Yu Yu Hakusho
    Sailor Moon
    DBZ
    Gundam Wing
    Detective Conan
    .Hack//SIGN (I am starting)

Animes I want to start:

Gravitation
    Fruits Basket
    Neon Gensis Evangelion
    Chobits
    Fushigi Yuugi
    Oh! My Goddess
    Lain

User Name

User Name Angry Marines. Always angry, all the time. >:C LPA Super Member

Trigun is probably one of the funniest animes I have seen to date.

Will

Trigun is awesome.

Vash rocks.

Todd

Todd FLǕGGȦ∂NKđ€ČHIŒβǾLʃÊN LPA Administrator

I honestly think all anime totally sucks.

*waits for Will to kill him* :chemist:

Will

Me kill you?

Yeah, right. Maybe if I had... Say, now... That's an idea.

MUAHAHAHAHAHAHHAAHAHHAHAH!!!!!!!!!!!!
    :chemist:

MentalMel911

MentalMel911 Banned

Trigun is awesome.

Vash rocks. [/b][/quote]
    Trigun is awesome. Reading the manga is more understanding. Legato is tight and so is Wolfwood and Knives..

Aaron

Aaron Foundation LPA Super Member

Me kill you?

Yeah, right. Maybe if I had... Say, now... That's an idea.

MUAHAHAHAHAHAHHAAHAHHAHAH!!!!!!!!!!!!
    :chemist: [/b][/quote]
    um, Will, I wouldn't realy try that if i were you.

i don't realy watch that much anime, but i do watch DBZ and sailor moon every now and then. ... cause that cartoon has got the BOOM anime babes that make me think the wrong thing... I rent some movies every now and then, i just recently seen Spirited Away.

The Doctor

The Doctor I wear a fez now. Fez's are cool. LPA Super Member

Alrighty, finally a topic i can love here. I am a humongous anime fan, and like Will, my favorite anime movie is Akira. It kicks so much ass, and it was a breakthrough in anime animation. Lately ive watched more of the animes on Adult Swim, like Inuyasha which i love, just started watching Kikader and Trigun. My favorite anime shows are probably Dragonball Z, Yu Yu Hakusho, Cowboy Beebop, and Outlaw Star (even though its been over for a while.....i taped every episode).

hmm...running out of ideas to write......ok im done. thank you for your time. :D

[Darken Hybrid]

[Darken Hybrid] Ambient

Will, I agree with everything you've said about animes. The Dragon Ball series is my favorite anime. My favorite character from DB/Z/GT is Brolly and Gohan. I love those 2 characters!! I've seen a lot of animes and some suck and some do not. I'm talking about movies like Akira. It was an awesome movie. As well as the Ghost is the Shell movie. Although they both have kinda of a complicated story. In series I like the Zoids series as well as the Gundam series. Rurouni Kenshin is one of my favorites. Card Captor Sakura and Escaflowne as well. RahXephon is a great new anime series and is one of my favorites. If you haven't check it out you should. An anime that you should check out is Saint Seiya. It was my first and my favorite anime ever. It has 3 sagas (hudred-something episodes) and about 2 movies (I think). Anyways, another favorite anime is the famous card game series, Yu-Gi-Oh. Oh, I just remembered this series. lol, its the Power Rangers. They are anime if you didn't know...I dont like Power Rangers that much but the new series, Power Rangers Ninja Storm. They've changed a lot since is using a ninja story. It's the best, I've watched every eposide and can't wait for the episodes to come. Now don't come judging me yet. This series uses the best effect, matrix style, great fights, slow-motion and it's the best. And that conclude my list.

I'd like to check put the following animes:
    RahXephon (watch more episodes)
    .hack//SIGN
    Berserk
    Hellsing

Chrissy

Chrissy Super Member

Power Rangers isn't anime, it's live action. i used to watch it (the sad days, i know) and trust me, it's definitely NOT anime.

MentalMel911

MentalMel911 Banned

Power Rangers is definitely not an anime.

Well the sad thing about Adult Swim is that they canceled Trigun and Cowboy Bebop for Kikaider and Reign. I totally hate Reign. The graphics are horrible and they wear thongs 0.o...

.Hack//SIGN is good but very confusing. When I "started to watch it", I do not get what the hell they are doing or saying because I skipped like the beginning 13-20 episodes.

[Darken Hybrid]

[Darken Hybrid] Ambient

FreeFloatingAngel and MentalMel91, Power Ranges are animes. Then why are they under the anime section?? like in this site for example. or in this one.and there are tons of websites that sell power rangers movies under animes movies. I know that is not normally known as an anime but it is an anime. You wont find the power rangers videos in a store under the anime section but it is still considered an anime. Maybe it's only in Japan...

Jawknee

Jawknee Guest

Anime = Japanese Animation.

Power Rangers = Real People Show.

:rolleyes: