Angels and Airwaves - The Dream Walker [out December 2014]

Discussion in 'Other Music' started by Abel, Nov 2, 2014.

Abel

Abel Chester Bennington saved my life.

First single "The Wolfpack" out now:
    [video=youtube;MkI6ySenf08]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MkI6ySenf08[/video]

And if you guys are interested or have time, here's an interview about The Dream Walker and how it relates to Poet Anderson: http://diffuser.fm/angels-and-airwaves-the-dream-walker-interview/
    [video=youtube;WuRkHfW8MaQ]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WuRkHfW8MaQ[/video]

EDIT: I did not know Blake already started an AVA thread about this about a month ago, sorry dude! http://www.lpassociation.com/forums/showthread.php?t=41282

Last edited: Nov 2, 2014
    Blake

Blake Leave a Trace LPA Super Member

It's all good! I mainly made it about the new song, we can use this for the album. Im not very good at keeping OPs updated anyway

Abel

Abel Chester Bennington saved my life.

All right!

To be honest, I like "Paralyzed" a whole lot more than "The Wolfpack" lol

Cal

Cal LPA Super Member LPA Super Member

[video=youtube;l6heNxEILmY]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l6heNxEILmY[/video]

Full song from the Poet trailer, looking forward to the album next week!

Blake

Even though I don't like the subject matter of Tunnels, it is easily the best written song of the 4.

Tunnels>Paralyzed>The Wolfpack>Bullets In the Wind

I still think it's shaping up to be the worst AvA album to date though

Jesse

Jesse Out of the abyss. LPA Über VIP

I kind of gave up on this band since all their previous albums sounded exactly the same... is this one looking any different?

Cal

I'd say so, but it's not a complete massive drift from their sound. They were a bit guilty of slightly changing sounds/riffs from other songs of theirs, I don't feel that way about the four songs we've heard so far and all four are different from each other.

Blake

This is totally false.

None of their albums sound a like. Love 1 and 2 can be arguablem but they are totally different from the first two albums which are different from each other.

Blake

Sorry for the double post.

But the CD is out and I think it is good. Not sure how it compares to the other albums.

On my second full listen now.

After first listen:

Best tracks: Anomaly, Mercenaries, Paralyzed, Teenagers and Rituals.

Worst tracks: Bullets in the Wind and The Wolfpack

Tunnels would be in top 3 tracks if it wasn't for lyrical content.

This album is quite different from everything they've done before. I find it good that they are doing something new but I understand that some people won't like it.

I thought this album would be underwhelming myself but two of the four tracks released before the album came out were two of the worst songs on the album and the only two bad songs. I'm even becoming more of a fan of the Wolfpack even though it's still just alright. It is growing on me. Bullets in the Wind is the only track that I truly dislike. The problem is this album only has 10 songs and when an album only has 10 songs you hope they would all be good because one bad song can drastically bring a short album down. However, as an overall experience this is a good cd.

Anomaly is a weird outro. It comes at you very unexpected like and doesn't really fit as an outro to this CD in my opoinion. But, I do think it's easily the best song on this album and one of their best songs ever. I do love Acoustic outros as well, it just doesn't fit as well as an acoustic outro like The Messenger for example. Such a good song though.

Not sure how this album compares to other albums this year yet, need to listen to it more. Will probably be listening to it all day. I suggest everyone to give this a listen!

Cal

Love the album, massive fan of Tunnels and Kiss With a Spell. Easily their most diverse yet and a massive step creative wise in the right direction. Really enjoyed the Poet Anderson short too and hope a full film is made.

Blake

My AOTY