An LP rant

Discussion in 'Linkin Park Chat' started by lpjordy, Nov 30, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
    lpjordy

lpjordy Well-Known Member

Why do people bash LP so much? Either they don't like them and hate on people that do, or they do like them and don't want to admit it. I love LP and I'll tell anyone because I feel they are the greatest band since HT came out. People also bash Meteora for being Hybrid Theory 2. Is it because they sound the same? That is LP's sound. That's what makes them different from all the other bands. What is the problem there? To me, Meteora and HT were 2 completely different albums. I think Meteora was more rock sounding, but still maintained the signature LP sound. I guess we'll see what happens with the next album sounding more organic, whatever that means. I just hope they don't drop their sound and go full on emo or something.

Mark

Mark Canadian Beauty LPA Administrator

People don't hate on 'Meteora' because the albums sound the same. It's the fact that it still follows that elementary formula of verse-chorus-verse-chorus-bridge-chorus music. Not to mention that when you compare lyrics from the debut and it's follow-up, it's like comparing an anthill and Mount Everest, in which Mount Everest is 'Hybrid Theory'.

Some of Linkin Park's music comes off as whiney in some people's opinions and many of the songs are too simple-minded in terms of instrumentalism (sp?). They've got talent, as they showed on 'Hybrid Theory', but they have to prove they're not a fluke, because 'Meteora' shattered alot of people's confidence in them. They have to evolve as a band, not insert a flute here or violins here and say they've experimented and matured. New songwriting styles, more complex music, they have to bring out their true talents instead of holding it back. And drop the angsty lyrics in some songs.

Not to mention, they're popular. And when something gets popular, people start hating it.

iamnumb23

iamnumb23 Active Member

Most parents have something against the "screaming" yes, AND chester does in a few songs, but it really makes the music have--anger. I think that's what makes you get tired of it. Fort Minor has showed some change, Mike got people to play violin and make the music well--better. I think that might help LP's rep., since they have been known to show much anger in the lyrics. When I mixed a couple LP songs, I took out the repeatitive "Shut Ups" and added in some mixes of scraches that I recorded. If the next album stays so much like Hybrid Theory and Meteora, I think people will hate them even more. Same with me, I'll kinda be pi$$ed that they haven't matured, even though mike has.

Okay, this was a long enough post right?

Branden

Branden hey! LPA Super Member

What else do they have? The word isn't "much," it's "one-hundred-percent".

I agree though. Angst, distorted guitars, and turntables get a little boring after a while. There's only so much they can do when they're seemingly limiting themselves to those things.

Will

Will LPA Addicted VIP LPA Addicted VIP

Not all of their songs are angry.

Branden

Eh, you're right, I was thinking the vast majority. I guess "one-hundred-percent" was the wrong term. Go back to "most", or "a hell of a fucking lot".

You have to realize, I haven't listened to Lincoln Park in quite a while.

Will

I think that the main reason that a lot of people bash Linkin Park is for the simple fact that they're so successful. It wasn't their choice to become popular, though. I think the goal of every artist, even if it's a secondary goal, is to sell records. Granted, there are exceptions, like underground bands that don't give a shit either way. But that's what it is in most cases. They didn't ask to become popular.

I think more people would have more respect for them if they actually tried. Right now, if you were to ask me, I'd tell you that I feel that the only ones in the band with any actual talent are Rob and Mike. Chester's got some talent with his vocals but that's it. Rob's a great drummer and could probably drum for days straight. Mike can play almost any instrument thrown at him. And sometimes he can rap.

They need to try harder and experiment and stop doing things so regimented.

Louis

Louis Message me if you need to talk. We love you all. LPA Team

Exactly. Well said, Will.

iamnumb23

iamnumb23 Active Member

K, your in a Linkin Park forum, and you haven't listened to LP in awhile??

Branden

I'd hate to tell you this sweetheart, but I'm sure quite a few of us haven't.

Trust me, I don't come here for that Lincoln Log band. I mainly come here to waste my time talking to these people.

Justin

Justin See you there

Exactly. Well said, GiriosXeni.

Will

I spent a good part of a year on these forums without having listened to Linkin Park once. And I was an administrator. It's not that uncommon.

$pvcxGhxztCasey

$pvcxGhxztCasey meanwhile... LPA Addicted VIP

I want to rip someone's fucking throat out when someone says that.

LProx4life

LProx4life Well-Known Member

I listen to LP :D

Will

Congratulations. Nobody cares.

Amanda

Amanda RIP Chester LPA Super VIP

Department of Redundancy Department?

--

iamnumb23 - A lot of people on this forum haven't listened to them in a while.

Will - That was amazing.

iamnumb23

iamnumb23 Active Member

sorry, this is what I said, word for word. read it!!

"K, your in a Linkin Park forum, and you haven't listened to LP in awhile??"
    I meant "Branden" hasn't listened to lp in awhile. *rolls eyes*

Will

Do you want a cookie? We read what you had to say already.

And you're still making no point at all.

Andrea

Andrea best friends. LPA Addicted VIP

Just because we're on a linkin park forum doesn't mean we listen to them 24/7. There's better music out there...

iamnumb23

iamnumb23 Active Member

WELL know one has to listen to them 24/7, i dont xcept "LPRox4life" does

Last edited: Dec 1, 2005
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.