American citizen decapitated in Iraq

Discussion in 'Serious Chat' started by Phantom Duck, May 15, 2004.

Phantom Duck

Phantom Duck You are my detonator. LPA Super Member

If they started cutting from the front then there is no reason for blood to not have splattered all over the place. Most of the arteries in your neck are close to the front, so if it gets severed there is absolutely no reason it shouldn't start spouting blood.

Unless, of course like many people figured, Nick Berg was dead at least ten hours prior to the decapitation. [/b][/quote]
    Negative, he was blinking when the Arab was making that speech.

Omar A

Omar A Beyond Science LPA Super Member

Yea what we're saying is that when they tip him over, they stop recording and than killed him with an injection or something and than record again and slit his throat.

am I right? :mellow:

Will

Will LPA Addicted VIP LPA Addicted VIP

Negative, he was blinking when the Arab was making that speech. [/b][/quote]
    I didn't see him blinking.

Instru-Mental

Instru-Mental Member

ok, seriously, with all the rumors and speculations of this video, the fact is he was beheaded and had his head dangled in front of a camera, no matter what the situation, thats wrong and sick, with that being said, our treatment of the iraqi's isnt much better, to Derek, we did in fact kill a few citizens, on a news broadcast on CBC (canadian channel) they have a video of american soldies in some sort of aircraft machinegunning down citizens for the hell of it. Nick Berg didnt deserve what happened to him but neither did those Iraqi's who were shot down or humiliated, a lot of the soldiers working under Osama arent doing it because they want to, but because they have no other choice, its either lose their culture and land to the Americans or fight with whatever power they have left, the Americans arent saving ****, anyone to blind to see this shouldnt be posting about this incident, this "war" is nothing but a useless and unnecessary assault on Iraq, we got Sadam, so they should just leave Iraq now, its not their country to dictate, its theirs, Osama never once tried kicking out Americans out of America so what right does America have to kick out the Iraqi's?
    [Rant finished]

Omar A

Omar A Beyond Science LPA Super Member

i like you already :)

Instru-Mental

Instru-Mental Member

im confused about some of the speculations of this Video though...am I the only one who has seen it with sound? hes screaming and choking and hes obviously not dead while they are saying the speech as he is moving and shifting around, then when the camera cuts you can see his face in a close up squinting hard, i also notice the shoes but not a gold ring, the video footage is to foggy to tell if they are wearing any kind of rings, and if they were russian, maybe theyre just russian immigrants to Iraq, and we all know how russians feel about the U.S.A so i could say they would fight for Osama's cause, the footage i believe to be real, which is unfortunate because it really is a horrible way for Nick Berg's family to lose a loved one, the message Blood For Blood is true, not morally right, as long as iraqi blood is spilt unjustly then American Blood will as well, and it wont end until America leaves.

p.s thanks Omar B) lol

User Name

User Name Angry Marines. Always angry, all the time. >:C LPA Super Member

If they started cutting from the front then there is no reason for blood to not have splattered all over the place. Most of the arteries in your neck are close to the front, so if it gets severed there is absolutely no reason it shouldn't start spouting blood.

Unless, of course like many people figured, Nick Berg was dead at least ten hours prior to the decapitation. [/b][/quote]
    That was just what I needed, thanks Derek.

In the Berg video, they started cutting (more like sawing) from the back of his neck. They severed the spinal cord (as well as any nerves) in the process, so no connection to the brain means that the heart would have stopped beating, thus, explaining why blood was not spurting out.

I probably worded it wrong, but hopefully you'll see what I'm trying to get at.

Faint.09

Faint.09 Well-Known Member

Yeah...it just shows what the world is capable of now-a-days. It was very uncalled for and horrible. To see what humans can do to each other now just sickens me to my stomach. My condolonces go to the victim's family.. :(

LornVourkolakas

LornVourkolakas About To Blow Chunks

I could of sworn I saw that dude squirming when they were cutting his head off. =\

Neil

Neil Super Duper Member LPA Super Member

I'm talking to a friend of mine about it now, he brings up a good point. He thinks that the terrorist was a moron, and screwed up the camera the first time through. So they end up with a dead Nick Berg and no good footage. They did it again. Explains the timestamps - they used good parts from the other video.

Jila

Jila Super Member LPA Super Member

someone in my english class brought that up and my teacher started talking about it and got all emo and started crying.

i almost laughed because i act all weird during awkward situations. i smile when im uncomfortable so i was covering my face with my hand. i didnt wanna be mean, plus i woulve felt stupid if i just burst out laughing. i was trying to keep it in.

TeMpEsT

TeMpEsT Live To Thrash LPA Super Member

That was just what I needed, thanks Derek.

In the Berg video, they started cutting (more like sawing) from the back of his neck. They severed the spinal cord (as well as any nerves) in the process, so no connection to the brain means that the heart would have stopped beating, thus, explaining why blood was not spurting out.

I probably worded it wrong, but hopefully you'll see what I'm trying to get at. [/b][/quote]
    So does that explain since his spine was severed, he was still able to scream and wail while they continued to decapitate him? If the heart stopped beating, and no nervous system signals were being transferred to the brain, can he still scream?

Phantom Duck

Phantom Duck You are my detonator. LPA Super Member

No.

Neil

Neil Super Duper Member LPA Super Member

How do you know it was him screaming...

TeMpEsT

TeMpEsT Live To Thrash LPA Super Member

That's what I'm saying...

Mechanical Christ

Mechanical Christ Ein heißer Schrei LPA Super Member

I can, Because I'm Negative.

me too :lol: i saw an olympic diver jump, somersault, hit his head on the board and i burst out laughing and my mum started scolding me. But hey, my dad was smiling a bit.

Don't these stupid Americans get it?! Leave your soldiers in your country and everything will be fine. Both sides should just KEEP TO THEIR OWN SPACE.

Kæton

Kæton is Keaton LPA Über VIP

If America did nothing after 9/11... then... it'd kind of be like saying, "Please continue attacking us, we want to die, we want you to kill us," even though the U.S. has been fault of attacks in the past, it's human instinct to fight back when threatened to a point. If someone had slapped you across the face or punched you to make you bleed, I'm sure you'd be upset and take some type of action; human instinct.

Humans shouldn't have rights to attack without warning, even though it's "generic," it's unfair to be attacked out of the blue. Can't expect that to be shrugged off when thousands die.

Mark

Mark Canadian Beauty LPA Administrator

If America did nothing after 9/11... then... it'd kind of be like saying, "Please continue attacking us, we want to die, we want you to kill us," even though the U.S. has been fault of attacks in the past, it's human instinct to fight back when threatened to a point. If someone had slapped you across the face or punched you to make you bleed, I'm sure you'd be upset and take some type of action; human instinct.

Humans shouldn't have rights to attack without warning, even though it's "generic," it's unfair to be attacked out of the blue. Can't expect that to be shrugged off when thousands die. [/b][/quote]
    Yeah, but wasn't that what the Afghanistan war was about?

Todd

Todd FLǕGGȦ∂NKđ€ČHIŒβǾLʃÊN LPA Administrator

Humans shouldn't have rights to attack without warning, even though it's "generic," it's unfair to be attacked out of the blue. Can't expect that to be shrugged off when thousands die. [/b][/quote]
    Right, and thats why I support the Afghan war to some extent. We needed to fight back.

But Berg died in Iraq. UndeadSpectre was talking about the Iraqi war. I don't support this one. Iraq never attacked us, they were never really a threat. There are citizens of the US living here that are more of a threat than Iraq ever was. Are we gonna start bombing ourselves? Oil and finishing up daddy's unfinished job was the only reason bush went to war.