Afterlife.. Or lack thereof.

Discussion in 'Serious Chat' started by Jayhov, Nov 27, 2013.

Jayhov

Jayhov Well-Known Member

What are people's opinions on what happens when we die. I've been obsessing over it for the worse, just because it is inevitable for everyone and no one can control it. We all die.

minuteforce

minuteforce Danny's not here, Mrs. Torrance. LPA Team

Same here

Mark

Mark Canadian Beauty LPA Administrator

Afterlife. Oh my god, what an awful word.

Erica

Erica Meh LPA Über VIP

I think about it a lot too but not in a bad way. It probably sounds weird but I'm excited to see what happens. If your talking about something like heaven I think it's bullshit.

hawk

hawk because the internet LPA Super VIP

It was last Sunday night, around 3:00 AM and instead of sleeping, due to get up at 7:00 AM for my last day of school, I chose to think about death. Being alone in my bedroom, in the dark, I was scared. It's a scary thinking about death and it's inevitability. There is absolutely no way to escape it.

Then again, I thought about the people around me. These people are living their own life with me, and much like myself, will experience death. I am scared of being alone, I guess.

I do not believe in an "afterlife". I believe this is it. Take comfort in being alive. Take comfort in the fucking beautiful thing that is the universe. You were once a star, and maybe when you pass, you will once again be a star, maybe looking down on your great great grandchildren.

Erica

Erica Meh LPA Über VIP

I don't think it's scary at all. I'm intrigued by it. And stop me if this sounds weird but a lot of times I wonder if life is a dream or figment of my imagination. I feel like there is more and I'm curious as to what.

hawk

Being scared doesn't mean I am not intrigued, because I personally am. I think the reason as to why you're not scared is because you have the thought that there is something more beyond this, and therefore you have comfort is knowing so. My view, I believe this is it, and therefore see death as final. I believe this is one of the things [some] religion generally aims to do.

Mitch

Mitch YTB

Once we die,we die. I don't believe in any type of afterlife.

travz21

travz21 Muscle Museum LPA Super Member

The atoms that make up our body aren't original to us. The universe used them for other things for billions of years before we were born. We are made up of stars and dust clouds. When we die, our atoms are reused by the universe to make other incredible things. We are just lucky enough to be self-aware beings that can appreciate the beauty of the journey, not just in our own lives, but in everything that happened before us and that will happen after us.

hawk

This.

RazorEye

RazorEye The light on the horizon...

Afterlife, I think I saw what happens next...

lime treacle

lime treacle You are not alone Über Member

:chuck: