A Thousand Suns Leaked

Discussion in 'News' started by Joe, Sep 7, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Benjamin

Benjamin LPA team LPA Super VIP

The Requiem 10/10
    The Radiance 10/10
    Burning in the Skies 10/10
    When they come for me 9/10
    Robot Boy 8/10
    Jornada del muerto...Not sure how to rate it.
    Waiting for the End 9/10
    Blackout 9.5/10
    Wretches and Kings 8.5/10
    Wisdom Justice and Love 10/10
    Iridescent 9/10
    Fallout 8/10
    The Catalyst 9/10
    The Messenger 7/10

The whole experience is a 10/10 for me. This is about after 10 listens. I haven't listened to any other music since the leak.

2. $pvcxGhxztCasey

$pvcxGhxztCasey meanwhile... LPA Addicted VIP

Good for LP for trying something new. But my whole point is, it falls flat on it's face. I've explained my reasons in a number of other threads, seek my posts out if you care that much. Also, I'm not a LP fan. I haven't been since like, 2004. I'll listen to anything they put out, but then again, I'll listen to mostly anything to get an opinion on it, and go from there.

Nothing on this CD sounds like NIN or the Prodigy, cloudscream.

3. travz21

travz21 Muscle Museum LPA Super Member

Well it should be their best album ever. Bands that aren't making better music than previous work are doing something wrong.

And people bashing ATS will be the same people bashing it now.

Seriously, I could give any prediction and you could quote me on it. People say everything. People will say LP has gone downhill since HT and their 5th record. People will say they've gotten better every time. People will say they were never good. You're not going out on a limb by saying one of the many possibilites the population will say about Linkin Park.

I think you meant you'll look at the artist name, get an opinion, and then listen to their music. And then you'll give another opinion based on all of the artist's history.

Last edited: Sep 11, 2010
  4. $pvcxGhxztCasey

$pvcxGhxztCasey meanwhile... LPA Addicted VIP

excuse me? I'm trying to be respectful of your opinion and what you say, but you're making it pretty difficult for me to do so when you conjure up shit like that.

Oh, and PLEASE tell me how Meteora was better than the album before it, which was Hybrid Theory. PLEASE, I'm dying to know boy. It didn't expand on any ideas, didn't tread new water, it just repeated the same successful formula. It's telling that it took the band, what, 10 YEARS to try something new? Come on, just give it up.

5. Zach

Zach Well-Known Member

You guys need to accept that some people love HT, some love M, some love MTM, and some love ATS. Stop arguing about the CD's, they are all good and unique in their own ways, can we all agree on that at least? If we cannot, we need to all agree to disagree. Arguing over opinions is so silly and childish, let us act our age and not our shoe sizes, yes?

6. Minus

Minus ohai LPA Addicted VIP

That would involve me acting more stupidly.

This is of course trying to lead you to the assumption that I have an above average shoe size, not that I'm a single-digit age.

7. travz21

I never said anything about Meteora being better than Hybrid Theory. And I haven't dissed your opinion, nor conjured up anything that isn't true.

8. Xodus112

Xodus112 Well-Known Member

Funny thing is his plan for arguing with you was essentially agreeing with your point as I'm sure you'd say Meteora not expanding on anything HT did was a problem. But arguing for the sake of arguing is what makes the interwebs go round!

9. Dean

Dean LPA Addict LPA Addict

He said that ideally they ought to get better with every album. Not that they've necessarily succeeded at that every time.

Last edited: Sep 12, 2010
  10. Xodus112

I know and that dude Casey tried to use Meteora against him when Meteora would fall in line with what trav was saying.

11. Dean

Dean LPA Addict LPA Addict

Again, he said that ideally their albums SHOULD beat their previous work, not that they have in every case to date. He didn't say anything about whether or not Meteora was better than Hybrid Theory, which renders this whole line of discussion moot.

Last edited: Sep 12, 2010
  12. travz21

Lol. And what am I saying exactly?

13. Moviten

Moviten [Teh Unknown]

I've listened through the album about 7-8 times now. And I feel nearly identically to how I did after the first listen, but it's still hard to rate that way. But if I were to "rank" the LP albums (studio, major releases, non-remix), I'd say we have something like:

HT > ATS > MtM => Me

14. Xodus112

Either way I don't see how that help's Casey's argument. But let's not get into an argument about two other people's argument. lmao :D

15. deftonesfan867

deftonesfan867 976-EVIL

It IS an improvement, and only a stuck in the past because they want LP to sound their way moron would think otherwise.

If you don't think it's an improvement then you REALLY don't understand music.

16. dereklp

dereklp :Not here:

What? Can you retype this in english?

17. Ant

Ant Ambient

So, what you're saying is this is Linkin Park's "With Teeth"?

:awesome:

OK, that was a cheap shot.

18. My opinion:

1. A Thousand Suns
    2. Hybrid Theory
    3. Minutes to Midnight (although it contains some of their best songs)

99. Meteora ;)

(I didnt put Reanimation up there, but I really enjoy that remix album)

19. Fredyg

Fredyg Well-Known Member

Is it Jay-z's blueprint? or is it the blueprint that is Hybrid Theory, NuMetal genre? A gift because it was something special for that time and a curse because people want that the same thing.

Sorry if its been discussed already.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.