"Already Over" (Fort Minor Mix) out now

Discussion in 'News' started by minuteforce, Nov 9, 2023.

minuteforce

minuteforce Danny's not here, Mrs. Torrance. LPA Team

Mike Shinoda's "Already Over" single cycle continues: he's cooked up and released a brand-new remix of the track dubbed the "Fort Minor Mix". The track features brand-new production from Shinoda and a guest appearance from Dom McLennon, the Connecticut-born artist best known as one of the core members of the recently-disbanded hip-hop collective BROCKHAMPTON.

What's more, the track's cover art heralds the forthcoming release of a new EP called "THE CRIMSON CHAPTER". Apple Music's tracklist reveals that this EP will contain more versions of "Already Over", as well as Shinoda's recent single "In My Head" and a new remix of 2019 single "fine".

[​IMG]

This "Already Over" remix has very little held over from the original song, eschewing the live drums and guitars and taking the song in a hip-hop direction as suggested by the name. Vocals from throughout the original version are pitched down, distorted and sliced up to form a hook over a sparse and ominous halftime trap beat. To fully deliver on the promise of a Fort Minor version, Shinoda himself drops in with a brand-new 8-bar rap verse using a flow that builds off the "Already Over" chorus, followed up by an 8-bar guest verse from Dom McLennon.

This track marks Shinoda's first officially-released collaboration with anyone from the BROCKHAMPTON camp. Shinoda has been a professed BROCKHAMPTON fan since they first rose to prominence in hip-hop worldwide with their trilogy of "SATURATION" mixtapes and, a few years ago, the collective was involved in a remix of Linkin Park's "With You" that was ultimately scrapped. Dom McLennon has been consistently described by publications and fans over the years as one of the group's most impressive lyricists, and that legend only grows with his current solo output.

As mentioned, the upcoming 8-track "CRIMSON CHAPTER" EP will contain a few more variations of "Already Over" in addition to this one. It begins with something called "Crimson Intro", and wraps up with a "Part 2", according to the tracklist. Fans can expect this EP to drop next month on December 1.
    1. Already Over (Crimson Intro)
    2. Already Over
    3. Already Over (Reorganized Mix)
    4. fine (Finer Mix)
    5. Already Over (Fort Minor Mix)
    6. In My Head
    7. Already Over (Nothing's There Mix)
    8. Already Over (Part 2)
    In the meantime, you can listen to the new Fort Minor remix of "Already Over" on platforms such as Spotify, Apple Music, SoundCloud and YouTube.

Tell us what you think on our message board or on Twitter.

Source: Apple Music

Michele and Kevin like this.
    Elaine

Elaine The One They Call Elaine. LPA VIP

What is this, Burn It Down?

Michele and Sasuke like this.
    Michele

Michele Praise Brad Delson, our Lord and Savior. LPA Addict

Well, the Fort Minor Mix sounds different enough so fair play :lol:
    I am kinda missing a instrumental though.

Deliveranze

Deliveranze Well-Known Member

Dope collab. Cool new rap verse and Dom went hard. Should put this on The Rising Tied reissue too :lol:

Michele likes this.
    minuteforce

minuteforce Danny's not here, Mrs. Torrance. LPA Team

Only giving Dom 8 bars, though, ridiculous

Deliveranze likes this.
    Deliveranze

Deliveranze Well-Known Member

True, but those 8 bars are better than the OG track tbh.

linkinlovprk

linkinlovprk Lpfuse refugee

Mannnn, im thankful to be getting something, and I liked the already over remix way more than I did the original. Feels kind of lame to get an "EP" that mainly just has different versions of one song. Im optimistic, but seeing that track listing killed almost all the excitement I had. Oh well, at least its something I guess.

minuteforce likes this.