"Already Over" is already out now

Discussion in 'News' started by minuteforce, Oct 6, 2023.

minuteforce

minuteforce Danny's not here, Mrs. Torrance. LPA Team

Mike Shinoda's new single "Already Over" is finally out there for you to listen to on Spotify and other platforms, a clean month after it was first teased at an exclusive Q&A event in Australia. Since then, Shinoda has been promoting the song with your expected social media teasers. More recently, however, mikeshinoda.com has recently been updated with messages promising a mysterious box ...

In a press quote shared by HEAVY Magazine, Shinoda briefly touches on the guitar-based direction of the song:
    "Already Over" is indeed the guitar-driven firecracker that Shinoda describes, which makes it a far cry from a lot of his post-2017 discography, though fans' opinions will vary as to whether it sits right alongside the rock-oriented cuts throughout Linkin Park's catalog. Entirely written, produced and performed by the man himself, the song radiates pop-punk energy with catchy riffs over an urgent breakbeat, and a punchy, energetic vocal that could be compared to some of the more aggressive moments on "Post Traumatic".

Shinoda has also just released a silhouette-heavy visual to complement his new single. The visual was animated and directed by Dusty Deen, and features the old-school handmade approach to motion graphics that he has become known for. The same aesthetic can be seen in Steve Aoki's video for "Diferente" which Deen recently helmed.

"Already Over" is also set to appear in a new Linkin Park x Mike Shinoda music pack for the PlayStation VR game "Beat Saber", available for purchase as downloadable content. This new pack follows a well-received Linkin Park pack from 2020. It features Linkin Park cuts such including "Fighting Myself", "Numb/Encore" and "Crawling", as well as a few songs from Shinoda's solo work and side projects. The levels for these songs feature an "advanced lighting system" and custom themed visuals built around the artists' logos and other graphics. Further details can be found in this PlayStation blog post.

Per a quote from Shinoda in the blog post, Linkin Park is the first artist to have more than one music pack released for the rhythm game:
    You can listen to "Already Over" on Spotify, YouTube and other services now, while you're waiting to find out more about the mysterious box ...

Michele and Kevin like this.
    Qwerty19

Qwerty19 Well-Known Member

Great post!

I like the song and the sense of urgency it has. Even though my craving for an album wont be met anytime soon it seems, I'm curious about what's going to follow up.

Elaine

Elaine The One They Call Elaine. LPA VIP

Mike reaching into ye olde :toolbox: and seeing what's about

Chris loves LP

Chris loves LP Well-Known Member

Good song, even if a bit repetitive.

Are the lyrics about Mike’s post LP career?

“Looking for a window
    That I already closed‘

Referring to Linkin Park? That’s how I understand it

Kevin

Kevin A Pattern To Be Followed. LPA Administrator

Things I like:
    • The melody
    • The catchiness
    • Mikes singing
    • The instrumental
    • That it's way more rock-y than most of the stuff Mike has been involved in since after The Hunting Party
    Things I don't like:
    • It doesn't have a real bridge
    • It's a bit short, could have fixed that with a proper bridge...

Michele likes this.
    Michele

Michele Praise Brad Delson, our Lord and Savior. LPA Addict

I really like that song. I didnt expect something with such a rock vibe from him to be completly honest :lol:

But yeah a bridge is kinda missing but still i know which song will be overplayed the next few weeks by me haha.

minuteforce

I read somewhere that he was writing about Derek from LPA and, when you look at the verses and pre-choruses, it makes total sense

Jesse

Jesse Out of the abyss. LPA Über VIP

Definitely one of Mike's heaviest solo tracks, if not the most heavy one he's done. I think the song is okay. I do however really like the harmonizing in the bridge-ey part

Maybe it will grow on me but ultimately I feel almost the same as when In My Head released. a bit of neat things goin on in it but is just an okay song overall.

Brandon

Brandon I was Ree's 100th follower on Twitter.

Seems like a push to remind people that Mike Shinoda is the guy from Linkin Park, so if you like Linkin Park you should listen to Mike Shinoda. LP MS LP MS download a beat saber thing with Linkin Park and Mike Shinoda because he's the Linkin Park guy.

Post-Post Traumatic it seems like Mike has been trying to figure out where his music career is meant to go from here. Do people want pop songs like Happy Endings or In My Head? Do people want a cool NFT guy (lol) who puts out mixtapes? Or do people just love Mike with a guitar?

All that said, not a bad song here! None of the songs are bad really.

Qwerty19

Qwerty19 Well-Known Member

That's an interesting way to look at it, it would kind of make sense.

Meanwhile, interviews are starting to surface, giving tiny bit more context to the whole thing :

Mark

Mark Canadian Beauty LPA Administrator

Chuckled at this. Very Rick and Morty-ish.

minuteforce

Oh, Polaris is a major name in metal over here, that's cool. Their new album has been making waves in that community

:mellow:

Jesse likes this.
    Jesse

I can imagine like a live version played on a stream instead of a traditional tour for sure.

Elaine

Elaine The One They Call Elaine. LPA VIP

Hey now, at least NFT's would be "usual" for Mike, so he can't do THAT again!

Jesse and minuteforce like this.
    Jesse

stop teasing, and do. Well, a Lil teasing is alright but constant is too much.

minuteforce

noda's recent email, if any of you didn't get it: