31.08.2011 - Los Angeles, California

Discussion in 'News' started by Benjamin, Aug 31, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
    Benjamin

Benjamin LPA team LPA Super VIP

[thumb]http://api.ning.com/files/ciW2a9RFOqsZWok5-vsou2mdQearNpEOrjWN3MSOfUXKYYxnSo1ChFNnxacuZ3sDgyM pStyOOm7sQf8TVa3-o8hscw6DHgWp/splash.jpg[/thumb]

Tonight Linkin Park will play a show at the Mayan Theatre in Los Angeles, California. The B'z, a chart topping band from Japan, will be supporting them. As most people know by now, this is a relief show (aka the "Secret Show") to help benefit the ongoing aftermath in Japan following a deadly earthquake/tsunami back in March 2011. To help raise money, all fans in attendance tonight were asked to go this page and raise 500 dollars in order to receive two tickets to the show. As of now, the show is sold out and a total of $357,083 has been raised. All of that money will go to Save the Children which is an organization that is currently focusing on protecting and providing relief to the kids in Japan who are still suffering after the historical natural disaster.

Artisan News recently posted a video on their youtube channel that recaps everything leading up to tonight. It also features a brief interview with Mike and Koshi from B'z:

[youtube]7-J8UmoP9ro[/youtube]

Remember that even though the deadline to raise money for this event has past, it's never too late to donate! If you want to, head on over to Music For Relief's site to help the cause in Japan or help other countries in need around the world.

Regarding the actual show, it will be Linkin Park's second concert in Los Angeles this year. The first was at the Staples Center back in February. Tonight's performance will follow last night's show in Las Vegas, Nevada which kicked off this new tour cycle. In Vegas the band played in a venue with a capacity of only 4,000 people. However, the venue tonight will only hold 1,000 fans. It will most likely be the most intimate setting for a full length Linkin Park show since the band's early years.

Last night in Las Vegas a new setlist was debuted. The biggest change was that they opened the show with "Cure for the Itch." This comes as a surprise since "The Requiem" has opened the vast majority of shows since the release of "A Thousand Suns." They then went on to play "Faint" which was followed by more hit songs. You can view the "Cure for the Itch" and "Faint" performances here. "From the Inside" and "Burning in the Skies" also notably made appearances in the middle of the set. Lastly, "Empty Spaces/When They Come for Me" opened the encore and "One Step Closer" closed out the show.

So what do you guys think will happen tonight? Will we see another setlist be debuted or will the band repeat the Vegas set? Is it possible that Linkin Park have something special in store tonight given that it's a relief show and it's in a very intimate setting? Is anybody by chance going tonight or know someone that is? Let us know in our forums!

SETLIST:

01. Cure For The Itch
    02. Faint
    03. Lying From You
    04. Given Up
    05. What I've Done
    06. No More Sorrow
    07. From The Inside
    08. Jornada Del Muerto
    09. Waiting For The End
    10. Burning In The Skies
    11. Numb (Oppenheimer Outro)
    12. Iridescent
    13. Fallout
    14. The Catalyst
    15. Shadow Of The Day
    16. In The End
    17. Bleed It Out (APFMH with Rob Drum Solo)

ENCORE:
    18. The Messenger
    19. Papercut
    20. New Divide
    21. Crawling
    22. One Step Closer

[youtube]TEoGYxa3N6o[/youtube]
    Cure For The Itch live 31.08.2011 courtesy of LPA Member Howsah

[youtube]fTnhRN6KlGk[/youtube]
    The Messenger live 31.08.11 courtesy of LPA Member Howsah

Last edited: Aug 31, 2011
    Benjamin

Benjamin LPA team LPA Super VIP

2 things:

1. I misspelled Los Angeles in the title :lol:. Please fix.

2. I think it would be neat if someone could add a vid of CFTI if one surfaces. But I'm out!

Jono

Jono Well-Known Member

My thoughts exactly :)

hawk

hawk because the internet LPA Super VIP

Holy shit, Los Angels! Where's that? In the lost city of Atlanta? :D

A lot of people have been saying that we won't see anything new, but those people donated loads of money to get in, they deserve LPUX live. Such amazing generosity.

Last edited: Aug 31, 2011
    Jesse

Jesse Out of the abyss. LPA Über VIP

Not to sound like an ass here but, I would like to think that most people who donated did so to help the people of Japan and that seeing Linkin Park is just a by-product of that, rather than them paying $500 just to get into a live show.

So, while I think a unique set would be nice and immensely appreciated, I wouldn't say that the donators should be entitled to anything new-unique and that it should be expected if there's only a standard set, without any consequence for backlash.

I'm not saying that the people who donated do not deserve recognition (whether it be in, posters, show surprises, t-shirts, etc), but I am saying that the act of doing a good deed should be a great reward, in and of itself.

hawk

hawk because the internet LPA Super VIP

Oh, I wasn't actually saying they donated a lot just to get to the show but they donated a lot and I feel they deserved something a little more special.

I see what you mean, and I obviously wouldn't want a backlash either.

Yep, I understand what you mean. :)

Jesse

Great! I think we both agree in unison then. :D

howsah

howsah I wanna see you choke on your LIES

Sorry, I was too busy clutching my phone to record CFTI tonight and I was completely expecting The Requiem. I'll see what I can do at tomorrow's show if they do end up opening again with it.. Maybe I'll make my sister record since she doesn't want to be in the middle of the pit again. :D

But in regards to the donating thing and being rewarded... I was aiming to be in the top 10 so that I could get one of the signed instruments, but at the last minute, someone ended up donating just a bit more and knocked me to 11th as the donation period ended. It was a completely sucky feeling, but in the end, all that really mattered was that I was supporting MFR and Save the Children. I personally donated over $3000. I don't get to do much volunteer work, so this is my way to contributing to helping out in the world. It's a great feeling and I'm glad I did it. I'm happy to get a M&G and to bring along a bunch of friends to tomorrow's show. I'll probably end up bidding for something at the silent auction, too (need to look at the list again). Robot Boy would be icing on the cake! But anyway, just 2 cents from someone who's participating =)

Zane

Zane WARRIOR PRINCESS LPA Team

I wonder if they opened with CFTI to continue on this "DJ war" between Hahn and Lethal

Derek

Derek LPAssociation.com Administrator LPA Administrator

Thanks for the AWESOME set list updates yesterday howsah. We appreciate your efforts, as you helped us be the first to report CFTI as the new opener. Hopefully you can help us tonight too =). Thanks!
    Doubt it. I really think Joe has better things to do than worry about shit-talking by another DJ :p.

howsah

Oh and btw, Derek, this is Howie from the LPU :)

P.S. All Dereks > Schen :lol:

Derek

Oh hey Howie :). You planning to record tonight's show? We could use some exclusive video if tonight's setlist is special.

Ree

Ree a female witch. LPA Administrator

Hi howsah, I'm so jealous of you! :p Have fun tonight!

howsah

Hehe, my sister said she doesn't want to be in the middle of the pit again, so I'll see if she'll be willing to record any of it since I'll be texting and in the pit. I gotta clear out my card first, but I should have about 5 hours worth of space for HD video. I'll see what I can do!

Thanks!! Really excited :)

Derek

Sweet! We mostly want it to be filmed incase something special happens tonight. If Robot Boy gets played tonight, or anything interesting/new happens that's what we really want above anything. If you catch anything exciting like that, and could upload it tonight to YouTube and link to it in this thread it'd be awesome.

am747

am747 New Member

Does anyone still want tickets to this show? I have 4 left that are going to go to waste. PM if interested.

Derek

Are you giving them for free?

Yurieff

Yurieff Meow. :3

I expected LP to play old setlist for yesterday's show and I am surprised that they added CFTI (although I am huge fan of The Requiem). But LP, if you don't play a new setlist in reward for the fans who raised 357k then fuck you.

Jesse

You giving them for free? Along with a plane ticket? :lol:

Derek

Isn't that a tad harsh?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.