Music 30 Seconds To Mars - This Is War Extended (Reprise)

Discussion in 'Your Projects' started by Søuł, May 27, 2014.

Søuł

Søuł As rogue as they come

[​IMG]
    It doesn't really feel like a long time has passed since I wrote the last preface to an extended album. Two months might not seem like a long time, but it feels like last week. That's probably since these last two months have been extremely busy for me. In April I went to Williamsburg for my school's jazz band/show choir trip (we won gold, if you're curious). That trip took a lot out of me. Not in a bad way, I was sore from laughing and having an overall great time. This past Thursday was our big band concert, where I played in three performances (8th Grade Level / Saxophone set / Jazz Band) and that was awesome. I've also been getting out of the house more and being more active.

Aside from my personal life, let's get into the thing you care probably less about (is that possible?): the explanation. This Is War Extended was the first extended album I did. To be completely honest, it sucked. Since summer of 2012, I've learned a lot. 12 entire albums later, I'm ready to tackle the album again and do it some justice. You'll see some returns if you've listened to the original, and a bunch of new ideas coming about. So, without further adieu, here's the second of a trilogy of revisiting past albums I've previously extended, This Is War Extended (Reprise).

[youtube]AAZX1AqN0v0[/youtube]

Tracklisting
    *Italicized songs can be found on the 5-Track Sample,
    1. Escape (Hurricane Version) [3:10]
    2. Stranger In A Strange Land (Symphonic Intro; Ext. Bridge; Ext. Outro) [9:45]
    3. Vox Populi (Train Intro, Ext. Bridge, Ext. Outro w/ "From Yesterday") [7:26]
    4. Search and Destroy (LLFD Tour Intro, Ext. Bridge, Piano Outro) [7:28]
    5. This Is War (Chant Intro, Ext. Bridge, Ext. Outro w/ Guitar) [6:36]
    6. 100 Suns (Piano Outro) [2:47]
    7. L490 (Extended w/ Additional Piano) [5:50]
    8. Alibi (Piano Intro; Ext. Outro) [8:20]
    9. Hurricane (Symphonic Intro, Kanye Bridge, Remix Outro w/ Guitar) [10:52]
    10. Kings and Queens (Guitar Intro, Ext. Bridge, Ext. Outro w/ Guitar) [8:20]
    11. Closer To The Edge (Ext. Intro; Ext. Bridge; Ext. Outro) [6:59]
    12. Night Of The Hunter (Hurricane Intro, Ext. Bridge, Ext. Outro w/ Guitar) [8:31]
    Full Album: 1:26:04
    5-Track Sample: 31:01

Like what you heard? Check out all of my other extensions as well as a schedule of my upcoming albums here.

Last edited: May 31, 2014
    Søuł

Søuł As rogue as they come

FULL ALBUM OUT NOW!