2010 Album: How do you want it to be?

Discussion in 'Linkin Park Chat' started by VorteXLP, Mar 10, 2010.

hawk

hawk because the internet LPA Super VIP

Honestly, I don't want them to move on. I just don't want them to move into a sound that isn't Linkin Park. We know Linkin Park for the guitars and things, which Hybrid Theory and Meteora brought to us, and Minutes to Midnight didn't which is why a lot of the fans got put off by the album. Getting a whole new sound could be the final blow for Linkin Park in loosing all their Hybrid Theory and Meteora grown fans, and I don't want that to happen, I'm sure you and everyone else doesn't.

ArtK

ArtK Member

Hopefully we will hear more of Mike(singing and rapping), and I'm pretty sure this will be the case since there was really a lack of him on M2M. Also, I want it to be like something we've never heard before, but still keep the stuff that makes them who they are.

Dean

Dean LPA Addict LPA Addict

Right, because all the fans who don't want another album like that appeared in the last two or three years...

I've grown up and my tastes have changed. Same goes for plenty of other people who were fans back with their first two albums. If they want to make another album that sounds like that then that's their prerogative, but they're going to lose fans if they do that as well.

hawk

They should do rock, and never go back :D

Jesse

Jesse Out of the abyss. LPA Über VIP

The cool thing about Hybrid Theory was that it was NEW. It's not new any more anyone can imitate it now'a'days. I love that album to death still but I for one am glad they've moved on. I have to say also I Meteora is just.. bland. Boring. And gimmicky. It's the low light of linkin parks career in my opinion. Minutes to Midnight is much better.

Brandon

Brandon I was Ree's 100th follower on Twitter.

I want basically how the new album has been described so far.

More electronic elements. When Mike made that blog post that said Chicken Basket sounded a bit like The Postal Service, I was quite the happy camper.

I want dark music. This doesn't mean screamy and angsty, but a nice level of creepyness is always appreciated by me. Something creative and non-mainstream too. LP is not a pop band but their music is extremely radio-friendly and pretty formulaic. Intro, verse, chorus, verse, chorus, bridge around the 2 minute mark, chorus, end. They've had their success, now time to think outside the box.

More technical music would be cool too. And also, LYRICS. Not generic lyrics.

Luckily for me LP seems to be heading in the direction of most of this. I am so very excited.

hawk

Minutes to Midnight has been the brake between their "rock style".
    Going back won't mean they have done three rock albums in a row.
    Therefore it won't be bland and gimmicky.

minuteforce

minuteforce Danny's not here, Mrs. Torrance. LPA Team

This is what's most important to me in terms of what I want from the band on this next album; same with every release they put out. "Hybrid Theory"'s lyrics were what drew me into the music back in 2001.

As for "Minutes To Midnight" ... I liked that album, both as it is and for what it represents for the band. I'm not thirteen years old anymore and neither are they. I feel like I grew up with LP's music and it's good to see they've been evolving and trying new things out. 'Cause I'm not into bands who never grow up, who sound the same and say the same things on every new release and act like the world around them hasn't changed.

Last edited: Jun 27, 2010
    Jesse

Me too. It's almost everything I want from them.

Wrong. Anything that sounds like their album Meteora automatically falls into the gimmicky category IMO.

I don't want a HT sound and I don't want a Minutes to Midnight sound. I want a bridge between the two, but a bridge that goes further and expands beyond either album. I want dynamic identity with complex song structures, not the same songs again and again.

This. Really. I actually do wish that they'll take a more philosophical approach on the new album. I'm not saying I want it to have songs that relate to each other but songs that make you think more than just being generic. I want some dark lyrics, and for once I want a happy uplifting song from them. Think "Bang" by The Raveonettes. Or I'd totally love a song with a optimistic message with a dark and gloomy instrumental. Or the opposite like 'We Will Become Silhouettes' by The Postal Service. Which it has a sort of cheery instrumental but a thought provoking message.

I just want an album that makes me feel like Hybrid Theory made me feel. Overwhelmed, wtih too much to take in. A mixture of genre and identity, without SOUNDING like Hybrid Theory.

That's the old LP and it's one of my favorite albums but I'm glad they're moved on.

minuteforce

minuteforce Danny's not here, Mrs. Torrance. LPA Team

Yeah, that's what they keep telling us the new album will be. ;)

Filthy

Filthy instagram & twitter: @evanfass

Big & Hard =x, no really though... I think they should go hxc electronic!!

The Candidate

The Candidate Well-Known Member

Would be awesome if it's a bit like

M.I.A. / Muse / Justice

Filthy

Filthy instagram & twitter: @evanfass

I'm not so sure about them sounding like Muse, I think too many people would be waaayyyy critical of them if they went down that road

Jesse

I..

Want it to sound

Good.

That is all.

:lol:

Rocky

Rocky Well-Known Member

THIS.

But so far we do know that it will be more electronic/hip-hop/not metal/energetic

Derek

Derek LPAssociation.com Administrator LPA Administrator

Not if they make it sound original. The candidate's suggestion is very awesome, except I'd replace M.I.A. with some portishead. That would really make it sound wtf-awesome.

Vietnamese_loves_LP

Vietnamese_loves_LP Member

I want a BRAND-NEW style, from the way Brad plays, the way Rob hits the drums, and of course, the sequence of voices of Mike and Ches. I hope, after listening this album, we must spend time to understand it, to enjoy it, and realize which genre it is. It's LP - the LP that always makes us fucking surprised with the amazing stuff.

hawk

CHANGED OPINION: Some songs like The Catalyst and the rest of the songs like whatever they are.

Last edited: Jul 9, 2010
    NateXY

NateXY I was by your side, powerless.

Hahahahahahaha come on man its not that bad :p I actually like it, once the instruments are added in it'll sound WAY better :D
    For those who want to listen here you go
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2R32xLy-OSY

hawk

After further listening, I like it. I have changed my opinion.