06/08/2012 - Nickelsdorf, Austria - Nova Rock Festival

Discussion in 'News' started by Joe, Jun 7, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
    Joe

Joe I'm tried LPA Administrator

On the 8th Linkin Park will be performing in Nickelsdorf, Austria as part of the Nova Rock Festival. This will be Linkin Park's third time playing the festival following shows on June 16th, 2007 and most recently last year on June 11th, 2011. This will be the band's eighth time playing Austria in the span of their career with their very first performance being way back on March 9th, 2001 at the Libro Music Hall. They have played Austria every year since 2007. Linkin Park will headline the festival from 11PM - 12:40PM and this will be Linkin Park's eighth show from their ongoing International Summer Tour.

Linkin Park last played on the 6th in Bucharest, Romania, marking the first time the band have ever played the country. Linkin Park had initially planned to play the same set we saw in Berlin, Germany a day prior, however technical difficulties led to a change-up in the set. When it came to performing New Divide, Mike was having problems with his keyboard, so instead they decided to play an impromptu performance of A Place for My Head in its place, which sounded like one of the best performances of the song in a long time with Chester having some intense screams over an extended bridge and the extended outro. New Divide was played afterwards with no problems after Mike's keyboard was replaced during APFMH and in another twist, Crawling was dropped from the set. Whether this was for time constraints and because they played A Place For My Head is unknown at this point, but it's probably a safe bet. View the full setlist on the LPA Tour Page.

[youtube]Bvj_F3WcE_I[/youtube]

The inclusion of A Place For My Head makes what was already an impressive setlist a really impressive setlist. Having Blackout, APFMH, LIES GREED MISERY and a handful of classic Hybrid Theory songs will make the Live Download DSP a must-have when it's released at http://downloads.linkinpark.com in the not too distant future.

Nova Rock Festival marks the first time this tour that Linkin Park will play three shows in three consecutive nights. Beginning with this show in Nickelsdorf, Austria on the 8th, Warsaw, Poland on the 9th and Moscow, Russia on the 10th. Following these three shows Linkin Park will have one show in Odessa, Ukraine on the 12th before finishing up this touring cycle in Saint Petersburg, Russia on June 14th. As always, you can view all past and future Linkin Park tour dates on the LPA Tour Page.

Setlist:

01: A Place For My Head
    02: Given Up
    03: Faint
    04: From The Inside
    05: Numb
    06: Lies Greed Misery
    07: Points Of Authority
    08: Waiting For The End (Apache Until It Breaks intro w/ Wall of Noise outro)
    09: The Catalyst
    10: Burn It Down
    11: What I’ve Done
    12: New Divide
    13: In The End
    14: Bleed It Out (Sabotage "Beastie Boys cover" bridge)
    15: Papercut
    16: One Step Closer

Are you heading to Nova Rock Festival to see Linkin Park? Feel free to send us your updates and pictures to @LPAssociation! Also, you can let us know if you're going and discuss the show in our Forums.​

Alexrednex

Alexrednex Well-Known Member

Amazing performance.. Chester diffidently showed that he can still scream like a baws from the underworld

BLACKOUT

BLACKOUT Well-Known Member

HAH..& I thought Chester was losing his scream, hot damn what a way to prove me wrong Chazzy Chaz! :headbang:

Foreshadowed_LP

Foreshadowed_LP Well-Known Member

Wow, Chester's screams were brilliant during the APFMH bridge. I'm so glad they've been playing APFMH during these concerts, my absolute favourite song.

Andreina

Andreina Proud Venezuelan LP fan. LPA Contributor

Holy crap that APFMH was amazing D:

Atticus

Atticus Bullets lance the bravest lungs

I think after seeing this video again, "Chester can't scream" haters have officially lost their argument.

And at the end of the video, Chester's expression says it all "Fuck yeah I nailed that!!" :p

Last edited: Jun 7, 2012
    laura

laura Well-Known Member

i love i love this song god

Rebel Traj

Rebel Traj Well-Known Member

MOTHER of GOD.

Best scream in a LONG LONG time. Holy crap. Chills everywhere!

TheZlajaZlo

TheZlajaZlo Closing LPA Super Member

They played only 16 songs because the show started late because of storm...

Setlist:
    01 A Place For My Head
    02 Given Up
    03 Faint
    04 From The Inside
    05 Numb
    06 Lies Greed Misery
    07 Points Of Authority
    08 Waiting For The End (with Until It Breaks intro)
    09 The Catalyst
    10 Burn It Down
    11 What I’ve Done
    12 New Divide
    13 In The End
    14 Bleed It Out (with Sabotage bridge)
    15 Papercut
    16 One Step Closer

AndreyKamensky

AndreyKamensky hakuna matata

Chester! :worship:

nscoope

nscoope Well-Known Member

Holy shit that might be the best APFMH performance that I've seen from them. Chazzy's still got it for sure!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.