Associated Press: 'New fans come with new sound for Linkin Park'

Discussion in 'News' started by Louis, Oct 1, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
    travz21

travz21 Muscle Museum LPA Super Member

And it's really funny reading those comments. You can tell what kind of comment it will be just by looking at the paragraph. If it's neat and cleanly written, 90% of the time it's a fan of the new music. When it's a jumbled mess, it can go both ways, but it's mostly negative, illogical crap. I don't need to spell out what this means.

minuteforce

minuteforce Danny's not here, Mrs. Torrance. LPA Team

^ Exactly. And it's generally like that everywhere you look. Even here on this board. :"

Ant

Ant Ambient

Love the article, it's basically what I thought about the album from the start.

Spiderguy252

Spiderguy252 Awaiting LP in India

All I hope is that they don't take these negative feedbacks to the album personally and try to come out with an 'old school' sound next time around. That'll be epic fail, like Korn's TALITM. I hope they keep growing, I'm loving the journey so far.

minuteforce

minuteforce Danny's not here, Mrs. Torrance. LPA Team

I hope the same. :x

But I also hope they'll do something very different from "A Thousand Suns" next time around.

Cyanide

Cyanide 1989

No matter what they`ll be doing in the future, they`ll be getting negative comments and bashes from every side because of Hybrid Theory. I wish they had never made that album.

Spiderguy252

Spiderguy252 Awaiting LP in India

Woah!

Storm

Storm Well-Known Member

Agreed 100% about LP, and 50% about Korn. TALITM had at least 4 good tracks with real anger... while the latest one, Remember Who You Are is like the hugest failure of music's business time, never heared so much plastic fakeness with messy sounds at once. No order and a cover of themselves past 10 years before, so shameful.

And i think i understood Chester's liking the 5 stars and the 1 stars both. This album separed the oceans on two sides, and at the same time the 5 stars are a double satisfaction because:
    -there are fans who like it;
    -5 stars means the album hit fully the heart of the listener, and not partially as a 3 stars would be, so the journey of 15 tracks got respected to them.

Dean

Dean LPA Addict LPA Addict

Yeah. TALITM is a prime example of how making an album like that isn't always going to work out.

rusa162

rusa162 Well-Known Member

lol

cloudscream

cloudscream Static

I'm tired of all this talk. Why can't we all just listen? This is music. This is supposed to be listened to. The sheer amount of elitism and hate makes my gut turn inside out.

steve12

steve12 Well-Known Member

"Really? This band trashed mainstream music.......ha! Oh and by bring back the sound of Hybrid Theory you mean the record that was written for them??? Yeah let's do that. Oh and political speeches in the music, even if you suck politics has no place in rock n' roll....they have been and always will be a joke."

^^ What an idiot, so narrow minded and making assumptions which are clearly not true, makes my blood boil!

But unfortunatly it does seem like they are losing fans as the general public may have thought MTM was a one off but now this seems like the last straw for the HT-Meteora fans. Be interesting to see the diversity when I see them live.

Henry

Henry Mochiagete, Tokihanashite.

Don't really think that they lose their fans. As the "old-fan" still watching over them, whatever they do (ok, not everything, just about their music) will be known not only the new fan but also the old one.

But I, really, hope that the old fans must know that if they cannot catch up with LP, they should leave instead of staying and bashing LP for not giving them pleasure.

AndydLP

AndydLP Well-Known Member

OK, why is it that when people want to put down all the "bring back HT/Meteora fans", they use the above method of typing?

Not picking on you Joshasa, just using your post as an example. Seriously, I seen this method of typing countless number of times in these forums over the past few months! Is this what you guys think the HT/Meteora-aholics are like?
    Is this form of typing meant to represent whining teens?

Can somebody explain it to me cause I just don't get it?

Moridin

Moridin Death Contagious Deity

These forums have really quitened down.^_^
    I just want to thank the LPA for the excellent news coverage over the last few months, great job. It's been a lot of fun. :chuck:

I agree. And honestly loosing fans isn't a big deal. They have such a huge fanbase that even if they lost half of it it'd still be very large and they can (& have already started to) rebuild that.

Same here. That's my only worry really, even though I really don't think they'll backtrack.

I actually think Meteora was the "mistake". It does have a lot to do with HT though. Most bands get several albums out & have that learning curve before becoming huge, LP were launched into the stratosphere with their debut. That put a lot of pressure on them both from the label and from the fanbase to stay there. Unfortunately they caved to the pressure & made HT2 (delaying that growing time most bands have) and that cemented in some peoples minds what LP were supposed to sound like.

Their evolution was surpressed and eventually just burst out in a jumble on MTM. Instead of a steady progression we got a sudden leap, which shocked many people even though MTM is kind of "half & half". Then ATS took the 2nd half further.

Minus

Minus ohai LPA Addicted VIP

BECUZ WE WANNA HEAL WE WANNA FEEL WUT WE THOT WUZ NEVA REAL

And yes, sadly about 80% of the HT/Meteora fanbase seems to talk like this. See the LPMB.

SecondCityKids

SecondCityKids Hey John, What's Your Name Again? LPA Super Member

Because most Linkin Park fans are idiots... This is one of the very few lp sites that don't have people like that

Dean

Dean LPA Addict LPA Addict

Yes

Minus

Minus ohai LPA Addicted VIP

Fortunately we don't tolerate stupid on these forums, so what Jacob has said is very true.

Vdalem

Vdalem Purrfect! LPA Super VIP

What part of "We don't want to do it anymore!" Don't some of these kids don't get? Hello kiddies, they're older and knows what they want when it comes to their music.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.