MySpace NYC Live Video - The Catalyst

Discussion in 'News' started by Joe, Sep 20, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
    Joe

Joe I'm tried LPA Administrator

You can now check out the final video from MySpace covering the September 14th A Thousand Suns release show in New York. Watch The Catalyst below.

Watch "The Catalyst" - Here

Source: MySpace

Henry

Henry Mochiagete, Tokihanashite.

Hey, final?
    So we cannot get Iridescent?

BTW,...sorry...is this the VMA show?

Joe

Joe I'm tried LPA Administrator

No, this is from the A Thousand Suns release show they did on September 14th in New York at the Best Buy Theater. They were only releasing 4 videos from this show through MySpace and these were Waiting For The End, New Divide, Numb & The Catalyst. No Iridescent from this show unfortunately. At least through MySpace. The DSP (Show downloads from http://downloads.linkinpark.com ) is supposedly being released in the next couple weeks, so you'll get it then.

Henry

Henry Mochiagete, Tokihanashite.

OK thanks.....
    LOL, at first I thought this is the KROQ show from the very beginning :D (I'm little messy with the show name...)

Metaphorica

Metaphorica Banned

That performance was awful :blink:

Jalie

Jalie Antebellum Cecity

All these camera zombies...

Seems like a hard song to perform. Didn't like the voice effect on Mike too much.

misery

misery Well-Known Member

Rob has a ton of triggers on his kit now :eek:

cstebila

cstebila an emerging paradigm

Hate to say it, but it seems as suspected the song doesn't translate to well live. While the MTV VMA's were one thing, this song will more then likely never be played with that energetic authentic of a sound again. It probably wouldn't hurt too many fans to see this taken off their setlist, and songs like Iridescent, Waiting For The End, and Burning In The Skies played instead. To those who think the performance was hurt due to production on Myspace's end, that's they key thing, it had some production (though not the best we've heard much better) yet even with some it still sounded super "meh" at best.

ek583

ek583 Member

I quite enjoyed that actually! You can see this song is such a difficult one to perform live, but I guess that's one of the challenges they set themselves.

And Brad playing drums is so awesome! :awesome:

misery

misery Well-Known Member

Well they need to work on it too, the end was pretty sloppy when Mike switched from singing the "Lift me up, let me go" part back to the "God bless us everyone..".. it didn't really look, sound or feel natural.

It could get better though with time and practice, after all some of the Minutes to Midnight songs sounded pretty bad when they first started playing them and are performed much better now.

@LP2K12

@LP2K12 Est. 2K12

Not their best performance, but also not their worst. I think they just need more practice. As they said, they are still feeling out where these songs are going to go live. Let them tweak the knobs, so to speak. They still pulled it off. It can get better with practice and time.

Benjamin

Benjamin LPA team LPA Super VIP

There was no effect. It was just the other bandmates (such as Joe) singing with him.

I didn't love it, but I liked it. I mean, this is the best it's going to get. I can't believe it even sounds this good. TC is such a hard song to perform live. I'm not sure if it would be better, but I wonder how it would sound if Mike tried singing his part rather than chanting it. I know that in the real song it's a chant. But I want to see him flat out sing "God Bless Us Everyone We're a.....".

cstebila

cstebila an emerging paradigm

Agreed though it could happen, as time progresses, the band's performance doesn't necessarily always get better.

big_bad_lukas

big_bad_lukas Well-Known Member

look at brad playing on keybord drums and guitar wow :) awsome... performance was hmmm worse then on the VMA's but yeah it seems like a tough song to perform, aspecially for mike.

Louis

Louis Message me if you need to talk. We love you all. LPA Team

The vocals are mixed really badly in this video.

Stormus08

Stormus08 Well-Known Member

It was meh. I give the performance 6.5/10. Chester should take up some moderate-intensity weight training like 3 days a week. Think how badass/scary a shirtless screaming Chester would be!

Zane

Zane WARRIOR PRINCESS LPA Team

Hey, i've got nothing against this performance. I'd definitely wanna hear the Catalyst at a concert. And there's no way they'll take the first single off the setlist. And if i remember correctly bleed it out started out really bad and ended up being one of the best

Ree

Ree a female witch. LPA Administrator

oh shit, the vocals are very bad at the beginning! I like the "Lift me up, Let me go" and the drumming during this part.

cradle

cradle Foreword LPA VIP

Was okay,

Atticus

Atticus Bullets lance the bravest lungs

It needs more energy somehow. I think the synths need to get LOUDER! So far Chester and Mike seem to drown out the rest of the band when they sing, which leaves the song way too soft in my opinion. They need to do something crazy for the Catalyst, otherwise it's gonna join the SOTD/Numb/LOATR group... add some crazy shit LP!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.