A Thousand Suns Leaked

Discussion in 'News' started by Joe, Sep 7, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Storm

Storm Well-Known Member

I like every song, cause every song adapts to a different kind of mood.
    But i need a lot of listenings to be more detailed on which are Really the best songs. Iridiscent has the best intro, i am not sure the rest of the song beats Waiting for the End for MY likes.

2. tripleh3lix

tripleh3lix Well-Known Member

huh?

3. arbaks

arbaks Well-Known Member

when the come for me is just so fucking DOPE...

4. iNuBBiN

iNuBBiN Well-Known Member

Cant decide whether I like the album or not. It seemed to put me asleep through half of it with no heavy parts except W&K. I feel like there were to much experimental going on in the album and sometimes felt like nothing was holding me on to it. Really slow(bad kind of slow). Kinda like how the album had a small theme going through it but then it seemed like they were repeating the same thing over and over. Probably gonna have to give it another listen. Wasn't expecting something this soft from them. After first listen it seems to be a big let down..... IMO

5. Death Slayer

Death Slayer Julian

I think your experience would be way better when a better sound quality is out

6. malloz16

malloz16 New Member

third listen and i keep picking up things i didnt notice in other listens... great album

7. Death Slayer

Death Slayer Julian

Haven't downloaded the leak (not gonna), but I'm really interested in Robot Boy and Iridescent, can somebody kindly tell me how does it sound, could the 30 second clips represent much of the songs?

8. thekyan

thekyan Member

when they come for me is the weirdest most awesome song.

9. zoffy

zoffy Well-Known Member

Im sorry but after my first listen, i just didnt get the journey, i thought it was a little too slow and almost boring. I'm a maasive LP fan but it just didnt make any sense to me. Im a massive LP fan but it just doesnt seem as epic as the majority seem to think. I dont get themusical interludes and speeches at times. I see what people mean when they have said this doesnt sound like linkin park, but almost every new album ive heard recently has been good and this just seems bad. Im a massive LP fan and I have been there since the start, and im not just a HT basher or anyuthing. I'm a rock fan and I dont hear any rock on here anywhere. I think October may be my last concert as I cant see me wanting to listen anymore if this is the new direction. Credit for trying new things. Just my opinion.

10. Dusty

Dusty LPA Super VIP LPA Super VIP

Was wondering when this was going to leak. Just glad it was much closer to release this time. I am going to wait to hear this next week. It's killing me but it's awesome to see a lot of positive comments on this album though! I can't wait to pick this up!!

11. arbaks

arbaks Well-Known Member

this album makes me wish M2M (crap album) never existed

12. iNuBBiN

iNuBBiN Well-Known Member

Mabye when I go to bed tonight and listen to it

13. Quiksand

Quiksand Member

**********Spoiler Alert*************
    So after listening to it for the 6th time through I think I'm able to review it.
    A few words that might be able to describe this whole album - epic, masterpiece, a beautiful piece of art. I mean, this is what music is. The sounds and lyrics are incredible. This album blew my mind.

The Requiem-10/10 the most epic intro EVER.

The Radiance-9/10 not much on this one, just loved how it flowed really well with The Requiem.

Burning In the Skies-8.9/10 such a great song to start out with. can really sing along with this song

Empty Spaces - N/A I like it, but it's only 18 seconds so can't really rate it. It really flows well into the next song WTCFM

When They Come For Me- 10/10 love Mike's rapping on this track and the ending is pretty incredible when Chester comes in. Love the middle eastern sound infleunces.

Robot Boy- 9.5/10 I know a lot of people find this song as just average, but I really like it. I also think it builds up into a great ending.

Jornada Del Muerto- 10/10 It's so difficult to tell when Robot Boy ends and this begins, but I like near the ending when the music picks up.

Waiting Til the End- 9.5/10 Great intro and the outro is fantastic. It takes a little while to get accustomed to Mike's style of rapping on this song, but I like how different it is

Blackout- 10/10 This track is so fucked up, but so brilliant. It has a crazy nintendo like beat to chester's part in the first half of the song that leads to the amazing remix in the middle to a completely different sound near the end. When I first heard this song it was good but not great and after listening to it for the 6th time I LOVE IT!! I just how it strays away from the normal layout of a song.

Wretches and Kings- 9.7/10 I loved it when it first came out and I sort of wish I would have waited and heard it in the album because I wonder what my thoughts would be on it hearing it for the first time during the album. It's a great song, different kind of style of rapping from Mike which is a good thing. Joe Hahn's scratching at the end was ridiculousy good!

Wisdom, Justice, Love- 9.5/10 Loved this interlude, it was creepy weird, but had an epic feel to it at the end.

Iridescent- 10/10 Took me a couple of listens to full enjoy it for how beautiful it is. It is such a beautiful song with awesome vocals from mike and of course chester. I love the build up to the ending with the whole band singing. Will be a great live song!

Fallout- 10/10 Love how it builds up from a robotic voice to mike singing in the end. Flows really well into the catalyst

Catalyst- 9.4/10 Amazing song. Really uplifting and energetic. I think it really fits into the album being at the end and leading to the final song.

Messenger- 9/10 This song is a great ending song. Chester's vocals are phenominal. It really is a stripped down track leaving with nothing and ending the journey of A Thousand Suns.

Whew. My Mind is still blown away from this album. It is hard to say now if it's their best yet, but as time follows I believe it will be their best. The album as a whole flows so well it's incredible. The interludes are amazing and fit in perfectly.

I can't even imagine the first time they play The Requiem live. That will be quite possibly the most epic entrance EVER! They really need to play this whole album live. I just love how diverse this cd is. Nothing sounds the same. There is no genre to fit this album into except: Linkin Park. After waiting years for this to come out I was really expecting the best from Linkin Park and they delivered it.

Their passion for music is the reason why I love them today. I've been a fan since 2001 when my mind was blown by Hybrid Theory and to think they would get to this point is mind boggling. Great Job Linkin Park!! Words can't describe how great this album is and what it means to the musical world!

Last edited: Sep 8, 2010
  14. wolflink

wolflink I feel very privileged in debt for my thirst

Robot boy if you listened the 30 sec preview you listened all but not is that bad
    Iridescent the 30 sec preview tells nothing is better than you tought

15. The Messenger

The Messenger Active Member

The 30 second clip did not give a good idea of Robot Boy for sure. I am one of the few on here that really like Robot Boy it seems. I think it's one of the most beautiful songs they have ever done. With headphones it sounds amazing. Iridescent, I don't really remember much about the 30 second clip, but the full song is epic.

16. KMunkee

KMunkee Munkee

wow. I needed this. really needed this. I've had the worst day ever.

17. Death Slayer

Death Slayer Julian

Glad that the full songs are good, cause the previews sounded quite boring back then...Can't wait for the album...

18. Necifix

Necifix Well-Known Member

Holy shit guys.

I was looking up Oppenheimer, the guy who's voice was featured in "The Radiance"... I don't know if this is old news or not, but, this is what it says on the Wikipedia page, referring to where the first atomic bomb was tested by the United States. The test site was known as "Trinity". This talks about them discussing where to test the atomi bomb:

After rejecting San Nicolas Island, Padre Island, San Luis Valley, El Malpais National Monument, and other parts of New Mexico, an unused Mojave Desert Army base near Rice, California, was considered the best test location. General Groves selected the Alamogordo Bombing Range because George S. Patton controlled the California base. The test site was at the northern end of the White Sands Missile Range, in Socorro County between the towns of Carrizozo and San Antonio, in the Jornada del Muerto in the southwestern United States.

Jornada del Muerto.

Oh shit. The first atomic bomb test was in the Jornada del Muerto?

Deja vu?

I'm probably getting all hyped up for nothing and everyone probably knows this already, but, I went "woah" when I read that.

19. rcm034

rcm034 Well-Known Member

***SPOLIERS***

[video=youtube;f94j9WIWPQQ]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f94j9WIWPQQ[/video]

I hadn't heard this, that adds new meaning to that song title for me.

20. Nobody Can Shave Me Now

Nobody Can Shave Me Now Formerly known as Ron Jeremy LPA VIP

FUCKING BEST COCK SUCKING MOTHER FUCKING CD YET!

BALLS!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.