A Thousand Suns Leaked

Discussion in 'News' started by Joe, Sep 7, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. mizike

mizike Active Member

OK LIstened to it and its not HT OR Meteora but damn its good, much better then M2M in my opinion. I wish there were more songs and less instrumental breaks but still very very impressive.

2. My Violent Heart

My Violent Heart Transmissions echoing away.

The Messenger effing = Hero of War. That's a good thing. A really good thing. I love this album. Doubtlessly.

3. Infinity

Infinity *

Great album, truly epic
    I am loving Burning in the Skies, Waiting for the end, 2nd part of Blackout and my fav IRIDISCENT that song is sooo awasome :D should be the next single
    W&K and WTCFM were good to but compared too those above there not awesome
    biggest fail was robot boy ............ felt like an demo
    My opinion

4. thomas003

thomas003 Well-Known Member

I'm still biting all my nails off but I'm proud of myself that I can resist for now... All those comments of you all makes me very exciting and my expectations are high now. But I want to hear it the first time on disc on stereo at full quality and full volume.

5. Moviten

Moviten [Teh Unknown]

I am torn between wanting to listen through it a second time or listen to a few (highlight) tracks when it's over. I suppose I'll decide after the last two tracks. Iridescent felt a lot like MtM and I honestly didn't fall in-love with it after the first listen. The Catalyst has a nice fade-in though.

6. Shayan86

Shayan86 Well-Known Member

Thank you Jesse, you're amazing, this is such a bone-chilling song!

7. Joe

Joe I'm tried LPA Administrator

Wow, how the hell can you come in hear and read the comments when you're holding out? That's crazy will power. :lol:

8. ricky34024

ricky34024 Well-Known Member

Blackout is so.... weird! But I love it! I can't explain why!

9. The iSCREAM

The iSCREAM Active Member

Well so far.. i currently listening to Wretches and Kings!! 10/10
    The sounds is epic, all the things is balance like rap, scream, turntable sounds, etc no doubt at it. PERFECT!
    100% pure Linkin park lol

10. Moviten

Moviten [Teh Unknown]

It is certainly one hell of an odd ball track.

11. AndydLP

AndydLP Well-Known Member

A Thousand Suns - My Opinion

1 - The Requiem (5/10)

Solid start but would have been better if Mike just used his normal voice without messing with it. Get the impression its meant to come off as a child singing

2 – The Radiance (3/10)
    Weird and poor. Should have just been made as one track with The Requiem

3 – Burning in the Skies (8/10)

Single Alert!!! Solid enough song. Singalongable! Lyrically, very simplistic, like The Catalyst

4 – Empty Spaces (1/10)
    This is pointless to me

5 – When They Come for me (7/10)
    Beginning is just weird. Mike is really solid here though. Not sure about the group singing parts i.e. the ahhhhhss. Sort of turns it into a Bollywood tune! Wish Chester was more present on this one

6 – Robot Boy (5/10)
    Sounds like boyband stuff or something Enya could release. Really disappointed by this one. Whole song sounds like it could have been used as backing vocals to another song

7 – Jornada Del Muerto (5/10)
    Just don’t really like it and not sure why it supposed to mesh with the rest of the album

8 – Waiting for the End (9/10)
    One of my favourites and clear to see why its been flagged as a single release. Chester is amazing in this and Mike’s rap adds, rather than takes away from the feel of the song

9 – Blackout (8/10)
    Had high hopes for this one based on the LPTV episode. I’m a little bit let down but only a little. Love the start and Chester is amazing but don’t like the remix part in the middle of the song but I get how its meant to transition the song to the latter part.

10 – Wretches and Kings (9/10)
    Really love this one and the speech really flows with the overall song. Love the heavy beat. Could be a single

11 – Wisdom, Justice and Love (6/10)

Good but distortion ruins it for me

12 – Iridescent (8/10)
    Single Alert!!! Really nice and relaxing song. SOTD/LOATR for ATS

13 – Fallout (3/10)
    Another pointless interlude. Really hate this

14 – The Catalyst (9/10)
    Loved this since I first heard it. Its lyrically simple but it works

15 – The Messenger (8/10)

Beautiful but doesn’t sound like it goes with the rest of the album

Overall, I give ATS 7/10. I had really high hopes for this album but I feel let down. I’m by no means a bring back HT/Meteora fanatic but I do love those albums. MTM had more variety IMO than ATS.
    The interludes are pointless and terrible to me. Wake and Session look down on these interludes and laugh!
    I love both soft and heavy LP but the latter is very much absent on ATS. I hope that heavy LP songs don’t make way too much for the softer stuff in the live show.
    I understand LP’s need & want to branch out from their previous sound but ATS has been a big disappointment for me. There is hope that some of these songs will sound better live which I am really intrigued to see.
    I applaud and encourage LP for branching out into new territory but I hope the next album (if there is one), will be much better than this.

THIS IS MY OPINION ONLY AND I AM ENTITLED TO IT. I have also pre-ordered the deluxe version of ATS too which I will not be cancelling regardless of my feelings on ATS

12. Spin

Spin Chaos that defies imagination

You got that right, Blackout is one crazy song. :lol:

13. John

John LPA Super Member LPA Super Member

Waiting for the end, the messenger & The catalyst = good
    but

A Thousand Suns= Garbage

14. mizike

mizike Active Member

ok

OK I love the album but am very dissapointed thta we waiting this long for FREAKING 9 SONGS are u kidding me. Yes they are quality, but the interlude stuff is a damn waste and I see no deep meaning in any of them. There are 6 very very strong tracks though, love the album but should have had 15 actual tracks for sure. LET DOWN BUT ALSO VERY VERY HAPPY AT SAME TIME lol

15. Moviten

Moviten [Teh Unknown]

The Messenger didn't really strike me as amazing as everyone else has been saying. Chester's voice is okay, but the song isn't very interesting nor does it capture my attention well at all. I won't be rating the album as of right now. I'm pretty sure I'll be off to get dinner now 'n listen to the album some more on my way. It certainly is an intriguing, reinventing effort LP has put out. And I agree with the review that says it is a return to form in the sense it feels like LP meshing a bunch of genres together like they did before. But in a more...mature and systematic approach in an effort to create a full experience rather than a bunch of lovable singles (ala HT/M)

16. deftonesfan867

deftonesfan867 976-EVIL

FTFY.

17. lilj4425

lilj4425 Well-Known Member

And here comes the negative nancies. Umbrellas up. When it rains it pours.

18. Jeff

Jeff WORSHIP LPA Addicted VIP

win

19. hawk

hawk because the internet LPA Super VIP

I AM MARKING OUT RIGHT NOW! I NEVER THOUGHT IT WOULD LEAK!

20. SamohtCela

SamohtCela The Only Thing That's Worse Than One is None

Ahh perfect. As soon as I just got home from band practice. ATS leaked. Downloading now as we speak.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.