Tokio Hotel

Discussion in 'Other Music' started by Rohit LP, Aug 9, 2010.

KiraS

KiraS New Member

Um, I'm new to this forum, but I felt like I needed to post this: I live in Mumbai and I love Tokio Hotel. TH and LP are the two bands I'm forever listening to. You shouldn't lose respect for them because Bill did lip-sync in the US in 2008, but he had had surgery on his vocal chords to remove a cyst-I'm amazed he continued to sing at all, let alone the same year. I've just been to Malaysia to see them in the WorldStage, and they were amazing live. And, of course, Bill didn't lip-sync.
    Oh, and to the Germans on this thread-I guess I know how you feel, cuz I feel the same about Indian songs that are good but played waay too much. TH are a bit of a scarcity here and so it makes them unique.

I liked Humanoid a lot, but you should hear some of their older songs-like Ready, Set, Go , Don't Jump, Sacred and By Your Side.

kidOhri

kidOhri Well-Known Member

sad part about this one: all those songs mentioned are originally in German. they just rewrote them with English lyrics... WHY? ashamed of their mother tounge? imo they sounded much better in German... and all that for commercial reasons... :/ the band was changed and pushed by those big music business guys so that they could be more successful than they already were at that time. and don't forget, they've been only like 15 or so back then...

again: this is my opinion and i'm just trying to explain it. i don't want any of you to hate TH. everyone like what you wanna like. thank you.

KiraS

KiraS New Member

I know they're in German, and I totally agree with you, their German songs are better-It was their German songs I fell in love with first, and that's how I heard of them, I took German in school. Actually, I prefer the German ones, but most people in India don't listen to English music-you tell them 'German' and they run as fast as they can in the opposite direction. But if they give their English songs a chance, my friends have found that they liked their German ones, too. That's why I was recommending the English versions of some of my favourite songs- Spring Nicht, An Deiner Seite, Heilig and Ubers Ende Der Welt.
    And maybe they translated their songs to reach a wider audience. Just a thought.

darkviruz

darkviruz Well-Known Member

agree...hate them...not my Genre. And the Style...omg

Rohit LP

Rohit LP The Silent Red

well..i dont quite agree here..english is an international language...its easy to conect with the world...and their english lyrics are really good..i prefer their english songs to german ones...
    my mother tongue is marathi...country language is hindi..but still..i've written a dozen songs in english..and so hav many others around the world..its easy to connect..and besides english is a gr8 language..

tokio hotel live in malaysia....

the sound didn't seem electronic..it was quite original..and the fact ppl saying abt them lip syncing....i dont quite agree..infact many artists do it....and it was only once...i heard sme live shows..they r good

guess im gonna stick with TH..

btw..they write quite gr8 lyrics..

SecondCityKids

SecondCityKids Hey John, What's Your Name Again? LPA Super Member

If we can make threads about Tokio Hotel can we make threads about the Jonas Brothers to! OMG That would make my day
    /sarcasm
    haha.

Last edited: Sep 5, 2010
    LPkillz

LPkillz Well-Known Member

Everybody in Tokio Hotel live in Germany. Plus at first they were a German band, but then they became an international band and translated their songs in English for the other fans who don't know German.

Jeff

Jeff WORSHIP LPA Addicted VIP

Making Jo Bro Threads make fathers? Who knew? :lol:

Rohit LP

Rohit LP The Silent Red

isnt that actually good...most bands in india wud stick to a single language...and india bieng multi-linguistic...the band remain popular only to a particular state..forget the nation as a whole...worldwide name is outta question....talent goes wasted if not much recognition is recieved..thats sad to kno...

i stil dunno wats so negative abt TH..i dont think the songs r like jonas bros(most pathetic thing i've known)..or they r nowhere near...

they lyrics are much better and hav a lotta sense..somethin like BSB..but different on music and singing

SecondCityKids

SecondCityKids Hey John, What's Your Name Again? LPA Super Member

Typo lol

kidOhri

kidOhri Well-Known Member

there's a difference between a band writing lyrics in english from the very beginning just because they want it like that and another band that started their career writing lyrics in their mother tounge and then translated them into english to get international success... i mean. seriously...
    and again... i'm not sure if it's that healthy for teenagers being in a band that gets pushed like that. it's special enough to be successful in your home country and even more when you're that young... why not simply appreciate that? megalomania. period.

Rohit LP

Rohit LP The Silent Red

@kidohri..

i kinda agree with you...

may the album in home country was just to check if their music is good b4 goin worldwide and making mess...jus as a pre caution..but it appears a bit dumb..

btw..i dont mind..songs r nyc frm my view..

Jeff

Jeff WORSHIP LPA Addicted VIP

I know :lol: