TMN A Thousand Suns Review

Discussion in 'News' started by Joe, Sep 3, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
    Ben

Ben Well-Known Member

Now, now children. Play nice. We've known about the amount of interludes for a long time now.

EDIT: Chris, check the W&K thread, I think about page 7 somebody posted lyrics.

Vic

Vic No game no life

Lol. Dumbass review, like if the reviewer can feel what LP is feeling when they're creating this songs, They're artists, so anything they create is art, period.

Adam.

Adam. Well-Known Member

I think the review was pretty even keel, definitely written from the perspective of the "old fan." Expect to hear more criticisms like this in the near future.

Highlights include: Track by Track take down with no respect for the greater album, or the intended art of it; disrespect of interludes; and a lack of appreciation. This is the review for the haters. ;)

kelies

kelies Well-Known Member

Hybrid Theory got a shitty review from Rolling Stone. lol. This horrible ATS review isn't worth taking notice.

turtleguy556

turtleguy556 Well-Known Member

I challenge this reviewer to a duel! Everybody liked my review, and I didn't have to crack dumb jokes to keep people from stopping reading. :)

turtleguy556

turtleguy556 Well-Known Member

Gosh after reading this review and hearing the album for myself, this guy couldn't be more far off.

woody87

woody87 New Member

Hey guys,
    I am the reviewer in question and wow, there's a helluva lot of hate on here.

Expected I guess given the passion LP incites in fans, but a little over the top given I've heard the album and (most of) you haven't? I'm surprised though at the reactions given if you look anywhere at the moment, there's a lot of arguments between LP fans about the new sound. Some of their words are far less kind than mine, which were very considered.

I wasnt writing the review from any particular standpoint (commercial, old fan, new fan) and I'm not saying the new direction is bad at all. In fact, I call it "a noble desire to smash the blueprint" and think tracks like Catalyst and Wretches are great songs that do their reinvention justice . But it is all over the place, which is pretty hard to argue when you hear it.

Of course music is subjective as are music reviews by definition. Anyways that's my two cents worth and I realise this may only further incense you. Civil and constructive feedback welcome.

p.s. typos fixed = http://www.themusicnetwork.com/reviews/album/2010/09/03/album-review-linkin-park-a-thousand-suns-track-by-track/

Last edited: Sep 3, 2010
    minuteforce

minuteforce Danny's not here, Mrs. Torrance. LPA Team

Things are always a little 'over the top' around here. In some ways, it's good ... but, recently, with all the hype and excitement about the new album, though, it sometimes gets just a little out of control. ;P

LinkinParkForever275

LinkinParkForever275 Linkin Park is my religion!

good interview!

Benjamin

Benjamin LPA team LPA Super VIP

lol wut

Am I the only one who's pumped about this situation? I've been eagerly waiting for a review like this for a long time...a NEGATIVE review. Everyone has been praising this album. I wanted to know what the possible negatives are. To me, it's exciting that the most negative review we get is someone who complains about things that make no sense. I'm not really sure if I'm showing my point but whatever :p.

This is another sign that this album will blow minds.

lilj4425

lilj4425 Well-Known Member

The guy who wrote this review is obviously a jealous Justin Bieber fan.

Jayhov

Jayhov Well-Known Member

Turtleguy's review>>>>>This guys review.

Nuff' Said

bogdan971

bogdan971 Well-Known Member

Man, I hate how "old LP fans" or "Nu-Metal LP fans" or whatever they want to be called say they hate how LP changed. I mean, I am sure if LP wouldn't change, they would say: "Come on, the same shit over and over on every album"

Shadow

Shadow The Evil That Men Do.. LPA VIP

Funny review, while biased, I can't help to believe to some extent (all bullshit aside) it might be how he said. I did find it funny from one perspective, and fucked up from another. But if he was on point about the jokes, after the album comes out that's gonna be sad. He does have a point with the interludes. That's 5 interludes, leaving us with 10 songs. Which is not bad, as that's the average for LPs albums. I did like how he gave away how this album is going to be a nice ride to listen to like HT. Get's crazy at the beginning and very soothing at the end. But I don't think it will be a "nice" soothing, as most last LP songs are always crazy (except MTMs last song as that one was more relaxing out of all the last songs).

blahblah123

blahblah123 Member

It may not be the type of review the fans want to see, but everyone is entitled to there opinion. Anyways to be honest I'm sure there will be a lot more to come since this is a complete change from any thing they've done before.

Cyanide

Cyanide 1989

It's a track-by-track, therefore, it's not worthy of your attention. That's not how you do a review.

Death Slayer

Death Slayer Julian

I thought reviews were supposed to be written as neutral as possible but this was most likely written from the guy's own perspective.
    I respect people to have their own opinions upon something but this just isn't the way a review should be.

Shadow

Shadow The Evil That Men Do.. LPA VIP

I don't get it ??? Aren't we all going to do the same once we get the album? Sit down.. hit play listen from beginning to end. Track by track and come up with our favorites (if there's any) and then come up with our conclusion of the album and what we thought about it?

I am taking anything, positive or negative! I wanna know what's comin ahead of me. It's better than being super ":D :D :D" and be informed that it won't be ":D :D :D" and might just be ":D".

20. Cyanide

Cyanide 1989

If you're taking everything track by track, you're not reviewing the album, you're describing it, which is completely different. You don't review, let's say, a movie from scene to scene, you take it as a whole. The same thing with an album.

Plus, there is a serious lack of objectivity in this description, essay, paper, whatever you wanna call it (definitely not review). It's clearly coming from someone who absolutely dislikes whatever Linkin Park did, does and will do. Similar people can be found on sputnikmusic, though I don't recommend having a look at what they commented on W&K, your IQ will drop massively.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.