ATS Pre-Listening Fan Notes 08/30/10

Discussion in 'News' started by Joe, Aug 31, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. awesomesauce

awesomesauce New Member

Thanks, just wanted to know =D

'cause it's kinda cool actually

2. ricky34024

ricky34024 Well-Known Member

The actual Fallout track will be 1:23, not 3:13.

3. Blackee Dammet

Blackee Dammet Feminism Is My God Now

Evan Montgomery either really sucks at describing music, or this albums going to be pretty lame.

4. m3te0ra m4n

m3te0ra m4n Well-Known Member

I was trolling. Album sucks. But really. I'm not musically inclined :(

5. ana

ana anaPHX LPA VIP

i liked it a lot.

6. Derek

Derek LPAssociation.com Administrator LPA Administrator

Wow you guys are being horrible. I understand you hate his review, but could you at least show a LITTLE respect instead of dragging him over a bed of nails and burning him alive? I mean wow. Some of the comments on the last page alone have been awfully rude. It's just an album, and after the album it's still going to be just an album. It's not a life changing event, and for those who are that upset by Evan's notes, the album is leaking in 10 days or even less. Chill out.

7. m3te0ra m4n

As did I. I can't wait for everyone else to hear it.

8. Adam.

Adam. Well-Known Member

No one asked him for a word by word reconstruction of the songs, that's just silly and you're being argumentative.

I do think when you're going to advertise that you have fan notes from the album, etc., that you should write something meaningful. To use your analogy of a book reading: Most books can be accurately summarized in a basic outline format. I could do that for you with just a cursory, one time, reading without notes. I could provide you major events, notable character progressions, and perhaps even some quotes if anything seemed really relevant. I could describe each chapter, probably down the paragraph level pretty easily. In fact I often do this on a regular basis. I don't know how you could get through college without these skills.

Let's separate the hating here. I'm not hating on the guy, and you're trying to characterize it that way. I don't even know him. I do think this article was posted along side Ana's and in light of other, FAR more detailed works from people who had nearly the exact same exposure. If time lapsed and he forgot, that's fine, it happens. What I think is inappropriate here, is that he wrote about it. There's no reason to write about it. If he had posted in a thread: "I heard it, but I didn't get to write it down before I started forgetting." NO ONE would have raised a stink about that. Instead he wrote these "fan notes" on his blog and then had LPA (with all its traffic) linked to it when there's just no substance to the article at all.

I understand trying to not hurt feelings and all that, and I don't want his feelings hurt any more than you do. I just think given the current atmosphere around this album posting an incomplete "note/critique/review/whatever" is asking for far worse flaming than anyone on this forum has delivered. So.. my major point is that this thing never should have been written, but it cannot be undone. Sorry if you think I'm being hostile.

This has very little to do with THIS album. You could change "Album" to mean anything that people are very excited about and every criticism of this "review" would still be equally legit.

9. m3te0ra m4n

LPU said talk about it and I'm doing just that. I'm not a writer. Even if I didn't write this, others did.

10. Adam.

Adam. Well-Known Member

And that's dandy, anyone else that has written something like this deserves appropriate critiques. I do think it's silly that they told you to talk about it and took away your notes. That's a bit stupid on their end. I'm certain had you had notes you would have written something more detailed and meaningful.

11. Cyanide

Cyanide 1989

Alright, seriously, it's becoming insanely ridiculous how much people are ranting about this thread. Why don't all of you give yourselves and Evan a break, take a cold shower to cool off and move on. There's no use repeating the same things in every post, everything's been pretty much said and most of you reached the dubious conclusion that his notes were a waste of time both for him and for our eyes. That said, I think it's high time we stopped the bitching.

12. m3te0ra m4n

This is true. I would have written more detail if I were able to keep the pages.

13. maclieberman

maclieberman Just caught in the undertow..

well im satisfied with what i read...so dammit bring on the music!!! I cant wait much longer!!

14. Dean

Dean LPA Addict LPA Addict

Plenty of people have criticised the notes very much validly without getting worked up, but yeah, it's the internet and it's easy to jump to the conclusion that they have so whatever. The "ZOMG UR SO MEEN" posts are at least as bad in any case.

10p says I'll get at least one serious U MAD LOLZ!!!!!!!11111!1 reply to this post. Then again I might not now I've pointed it out. Come on though, I dare you to prove my point :p

15. Derek

Derek LPAssociation.com Administrator LPA Administrator

QFT. I like you sir. You speak truth.

16. Benjamin

Benjamin LPA team LPA Super VIP

Let's close this thread, please.

17. skyzlmt

skyzlmt Well-Known Member

I'm glad Evan wrote the review instead of me because I would have said:

I likted the albem cuz it was gooder den Minates two Midnite an Blackout was strate sic yo cuz it was hard n shit. Dat song Wratchets and Kings was like damn.

HA seriously though my first though wasn't OMFGBBQSAUZ I gotta write til my hand hurts so I can go to forums and give a full blown lyrical album description. I am unbelievably thankful I was chosen and I think people are going to shit brix when they hear how layered all the songs are and some are just plain dirty!

People were hating on the interludes. They were useful and there for a reason, except for I think the fourth track basically reminded me of the Pirates ride a Disneyland. 20 seconds of crickets and bomb noises. It wasn't bad though, it blended perfectly into the next song which will melt your face.

My predictions:
    - If you want LP to make a HT3 or M2 you fail at life and will not be happy with ATS (SHOCKER I know)
    - If all you want is guitar solo after guitar solo you probably won't be happy. There are a lot of guitar elements just no stand alone solos. TC is a good barameter for this. Some guitar parts are more complicated but they are blended in with a ton of other layers.
    - If you don't fall into these categories you will like it. It's really not that farfetched.

18. Asua

Asua Well-Known Member

The ugliness of LP fans begin to show their true colors

19. Jeff

Jeff WORSHIP LPA Addicted VIP

Wow, whats up with the flames people? Its not like he was forced to make a review of the album. It would be nice for people to just appreciate what he DID say, instead of what you WANT him to say about it.

20. Blackee Dammet

Blackee Dammet Feminism Is My God Now

Oh, everybody was shitting on him already? I just read the descriptions and Quick Replied. Had I known he was catching hell I'd have laid off.

My bad.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.