Memorizing LP Lyrics

Discussion in 'Linkin Park Chat' started by Benjamin, Jul 19, 2010.

KiAllen

KiAllen Well-Known Member

I'm pretty sure i know every word to every one of their songs. I love Fort Minor as well, so i sing the live version of Points of Authority when the put Dolla or In Stereo as an intro :D

Very psyched when i got all the words to Jigga What/Faint down

UNiPersona

UNiPersona previously known as STARKINATOR

I can do the Bleed It Out, Hands Held High, In The End, Faint easily, or Believe Me, and Petrified. I have a good memory...
    Actually I love to show off by rapping HHH..

Benjamin

Benjamin LPA team LPA Super VIP

The ending of And one is the only verse in any LP song that I'm just clueless. One of these days I'll dedicate a day to learning it.

Geoff

Geoff Hipster Kitty

i'd say i could honestly do most of Hybrid Theory and Meteora, but the demo's like Xero and Rading my Eyes are a bit tough, and high voltage, credit to you shinoda194 thats some good stuff, i love that song and good lyrics, i get a little tongue tied but its mostly there :sweating: also the alternate version of... its... in the end, i got that down perfect, sat up for an hour to get that right perfect, god i love it

one, it multiples till you can taste the sun,
    burnt by the sky you try to take it from,
    but if it falls, there's no place to run
    crumbling down, its so unreal (unreeeaaaalll)
    they're dealing you in to determine your end
    and sendin you back again to places you've been
    and bendin you will
    till it breaks you within
    and still they fill their eyes (eyeeeeeessssss)

with the twilight of the skylight
    in the highlights on a frame of steel
    see your brightness of your likeness as i write this on a pad
    of the way i feel (Way i feeeeeeeel)
    hear the screaming in my dreaming
    as its seeming like you played your part
    like you're heartless take apart this in the darkness but i know that
    i tried so hard...
    beautiful lyrics :)

Benjamin

*Stands up and applauds and whistles* Great job! LOL I'll look at this while I listen to it next time. However, it was still probably a smart move by LP/whoevers idea it was to change the lyrics. This was LP's first album and they had to get their music out there. Complex/hard to rap to lyrics like this may have turned many casual listeners away. But for ATS, they should hopefully do whatever the heck they want! I have a good feeling that they will! Maybe on their next tour LP will break out some lyrical material from their demos. Like if they did the "Raindrops put the rhythm on the pavement and drip from the blacktop into the basement. Traces of the rain pervade this to erase your hate and take this from the fakeness" during Crawling. That would be so unexpected but so dope at the same time. Haha that so won't happen but a man can dream.

SamohtCela

SamohtCela The Only Thing That's Worse Than One is None

I think I could do it. I pretty much know every word album to album except for the end verse in "And One" and "Jigga What".

the11thdoctor

the11thdoctor Resident Time Lord

The ending of And One isn't really that hard...
    It's this (maybe a couple words wrong, but not by much)

Spit drips from the jaw of the witless witness
    Cryptic colloquialism shit your mixed in*
    Dog-paddle move along
    The shadows move along
    With my thought catalog, analog
    Rap battle-log**
    Keep my distance and fear resistance
    Hurt by persistence
    The twisted webs of tangled lies
    Strangles my hope to waste
    And numbs the taste
    And I'm forced to face these
    Hate crimes against the state of bein' real
    And the weightlessness
    Pressed between the ceiling
    Real in the round room, ridin' a bubble of sound
    Dude, it's the frequency making your shed shake with every boom
    Involuntary muscle contractions, ingnoring then drinking
    Musical gas-fume euphoria
    The sound pounds to make the dead flush
    Then have you a head rush
    With read thoughts and said stuff

*(a lot of people say it's "shifts your midriff" but it's obviously "shit you're mixed in" if you listen closely)

**(this might actually be "catalog" instead of "battle log" but I don't think Mike would rhyme the same word twice, and battle-log makes sense too)

Now you too can rap "And One"!!! Now you know, and knowing is half the battle!

Geoff

Geoff Hipster Kitty

haha thanks Shinoda194 :D i love that demo, but yeah i think you're right, gotta get themselves out there first and make a name for themselves first, and besides, finding these demos is a great thing for an LP fan to find because its almost like another song, with the lyrics and style, and things like the demo's they've actually released, its just amazing to have and hear how they were thinking, and to have this alternate version, i reckon how mike adds his fort minor stuff into some songs like the Dolla intro to Points of Authority at the live concerts, i reckon they should add little demo snippets in (if they can even remember them! they were from so long ago!) that would be the ultimate prize for the die hard LP fans at their concerts :D

Benjamin

The worst case scenario would be the casual fans getting a little lost for 30 seconds. It would be the perfect way to please the non hard core fans and the hard core ones at the same time!

the enigma

the enigma The Routine Scar

I can usually tell an LP song within the first few seconds, with just the music. As for lyrics, I've got most of them down pat. I have a bit of trouble with their older demos (pre-HT), and I also have the problem that I'll start singing verses from remixes/demos when I'm listening to the album version.

Geoff

Geoff Hipster Kitty

lols yeah definately, *hint* Mike and Chester if you're reading this :awesome: *hint*

Moviten

Moviten [Teh Unknown]

From Xero to Meteora I am confident I'd get 95% of the lyrics at least without a slip-up. MTM is riddled with songs I'd goof up on, but nothing serious. I probably know around 80% of the material off MTM by heart. And I could pretty much say the lyrics without any music so long as I get the first word/line.

Manu

Manu Seeking tenderness with a dagger

I know all the lyrics from HT and Meteora. From MtM, all but HHH and maybe Valentine's Day, I never really cared about the lyrics for that one.

The ending rap of And One isn't that complicated... I remember memorizing it in one afternoon, reading the lyrics and playing that part over and over ^_^ The only tough part is the "it's the frequency making you shake shake with every boom". The first three words are said just waaaaay too fast.

Avo

Avo Don't Stop Running

I've got all of their songs from their studio albums down (except for HTF, I dont care for it at all) and most demos. I will never get Standing in the Middle, It's Goin Down, or the And One verse though. Also, does anybody else try rapping along with Mike on papercut and fully succeed lol? I can do everything except for "but everybody has a face that they hold inside" part. He raps "everybody" way too fast and I can only keep up on my good days. It pisses me off so much...

Benjamin

I can do it pretty much. High Voltage is harder but I can do that as well. And welcome to LPA! First post was on a thread that I made. I feel so honored...

hawk

hawk because the internet LPA Super VIP

Normally I just find myself singing the lyrics.

JadamusPrime

JadamusPrime Member

Don't Stay, Breaking the Habit, Somewhere I Belong, Numb.

hawk

hawk because the internet LPA Super VIP

I already know the lyrics to The Catalyst.

Benjamin

That was a tough task :awesome:

AkirraKrylon

AkirraKrylon LPA VIP LPA VIP

I love to sing along to all of LP's songs, especially the very difficult verses by Mike in some of the demos/underground stuff. The end of And One, awesome. Reading My Eyes, amazing. Fuse? S i c k rapping by Mike, and one of my favorite (you can tell by my sig :) ) verses. Also, the Part of Me verses still leave me in awe.

Its the junk-yard crooked letter C-I-N-tific,
    duck us the ruckus i bring stings your ear drum
    hear one, lalala let loose find me fearsome

haha i freakin love that