Mest

Discussion in 'Other Music' started by Radical Dreamer, Nov 15, 2003.

They're Good Charlotte's support band, their vocalist is best friends with Benji Madden and they've just released their latest album, "Destination Unknown". Check them out. I recommend "Jaded", a song featuring vocals from Benji. You'll probably like them if you like Good Charlotte or Goldfinger. ^_^

Andrea

Andrea best friends. LPA Addicted VIP

HUGE fan of Mest! ;)

Actually, their latest album is self-titled. Destination Unknown was their second album. I've just recently saw them live with Good Charlotte and Goldfinger on October 24th. They gave a SICK performance. Mest rules.

Oops. My bad. :lol:

Lucky you. I love that song they did with Benji. :p

Will

Will LPA Addicted VIP LPA Addicted VIP

Mest, heh. Are they like Good Charlotte?

Whimsicality

Whimsicality I broke the dam.

Sort of...I don't know their music to well though, so I'm probably not the best person to explain.

I liked Jaded (a lil cliche, but nice) and I love their song Rooftops...what's the new album like lyrically?

Mest are supposed to be a bit heavier than Good Charlotte. They remind me sometimes of New Found Glory with better vocals. :lol:

Mest and GC are performing in London on December 17 but as usual...I can't go. :(

Will

Will LPA Addicted VIP LPA Addicted VIP

Mest are supposed to be a bit heavier than Good Charlotte. They remind me sometimes of New Found Glory with better vocals. :lol: [/b][/quote]
    Oh, man. I hate New Found Glory. Too poppy for me.

Andrea

Andrea best friends. LPA Addicted VIP

Even though I am a fan, I tend to think Mest's lyrics have always been a little corny, especially their first album, Wasting Time. Songs like "What's The Dillio", "Electric Baby", and "Girl For Tonight" I find corny but they're still great songs though. I do think their 3 albums that they have out are definitely worth a listen to. A lot of their lyrics are about being with a girl/breaking up with a girl...stuff like that.

I don't really find them being like Good Charlotte. Mest has that pop-punk/emo/ska style of music. Good Charlotte is pop-punk.

Edit: Mest sounds like Goldfinger. So if anyone is familiar with Goldfinger's music, then that is what Mest sounds like. John Feldmann, singer of Goldfinger, has produced & mixed all of Mest's albums.

BadAngel

BadAngel Well-Known Member

just check out MEST & decide for yourself.

It's a gr8 band, i like them.

So if ya want download some songs, & then tell if you liked them or not.

PauletteEMLPGC

PauletteEMLPGC Super Member LPA Super Member

I'm not a big fan of them. They write about some wierd things. I always hear stuff about f this and f that and I don't know. Tony was really rude to the crowd when I went but they do put on a great live show. I'll give them that.

Amy

Amy LPA VIP LPA Über VIP

Mest are GREAT! I am going to buy their newest album soon. I just need more money.

Dedicated

Dedicated LPA Addict LPA Addict

LPchick4ever

LPchick4ever Ambient

It's weird that Goldfinger is touring with Good Charlotte.. and opening for them. The only Mest song I truly like is What's The Dillio. The video is great, classic.

Thanks for the link, Dedicated. ;)

Mest should so be getting more airplay in the UK. :argh: