The Catalyst Out Now!

Discussion in 'News' started by Joe, Aug 2, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
    Atticus

Atticus Bullets lance the bravest lungs

Incredible song... but I can't find it on the Canadian iTunes store yet either.

iamsatan

iamsatan Well-Known Member

love the intro and really love the lift me up outro, the middle part not so much.

Cal

Cal LPA Super Member LPA Super Member

I think there might be a few forumer's on here tonight with their tail between their legs when they judged the song on 30 second clips.

Drunkn Munky

Drunkn Munky Active Member

Wow :O Im speechless folks
    I think that such an energy which is shown in the catalyst very few of Lps Songs have!
    What a masterpiece :D
    man im getting goosebumps xD

LPkillz

LPkillz Well-Known Member

I'm so proud to be a Linkin Park fan!!!!!
    9.14.10!!!!

AndydLP

AndydLP Well-Known Member

Congratulations and well done!

I like it on the other hand

caselimor

caselimor Lost in the Echo?

Once again Joe, I agree with you. I love the build up throughout the song and how it goes back to just vocals/synth. Whether you like the electronic elements of the song or not, you have to admit that this song is FULL of energy. I LOVE the energy in this song.

ALivingGrudge

ALivingGrudge We are saints made of plaster.

Here are my impressions upon my first listen:

This is MUCH better than the MoH trailer. I wish that never would've happened after hearing this. Anyways, The intro is pretty good. It has a nice buildup, but I still think the "God Bless Us" part sounds a little weird without a bunch of other stuff going on around it. My favorite part of the song is definitely when the guitar starts doing the ascending part with Chester singing. That part sounds absolutely great.

Then the weird little synth solo happens. Now, the solo itself isn't all that weird, and maybe it's my headphones, but am I the only one that thinks that part sounds muddled? It's hard to distinguish the different parts, and it really hampers the song as a whole for me. Anyways, moving on. The song continues doing the same vocal pattern for about ANOTHER minute, and it's after the synth solo that it starts to get really old, really fast for me. Finally, after listening to the same vocals over and over again, the piano break comes.

Now, this part of the song had the potential to be truly great, and I think it is really great songwriting-wise. However, just like the synth solo part, when Chester comes in at the climax, you can barely hear him. Again, the way this song is mastered just doesn't work. Everything is going on at once, yet you can barely distinguish anything from everything else. Chester's singing sounds like a tiny brick in this massive wall of noise that should be climactic, but it's just all muddled together.

All in all, I give the song a 6/10. It's better than I thought it would be, but I'm still left wanting a lot more.

PS: Remember, this is just my first impressions. We'll see how my opinion changes over time.

Joe

Joe I'm tried LPA Administrator

I just can't describe how hearing it in it's entirety completely voided every clip and preview so far. That MoH trailer didn't do it justice.

Casket

Casket New Member

It's def. one of the most unique things they have done. Not to say there other stuff wasn't amazing but to hear any mainstream song to break the verse chorus verse pattern it's nice. I was hoping for more lyrics also but as Chester said in the interview it's almost like a constant chant throughout the song. I think it is a very powerful song and as I said def. the most unique Single I have heard in a while from any band. God I love this band...

ricky34024

ricky34024 Well-Known Member

Yes, which would be tomorrow. Oh well.
    The song was amazing though! And it actually doesn't feel that long, but that's because it's so up-tempo and full of relentless energy. The sound is still angry, like HT, but in a different way. There's several layers of sounds coming in and out. The second half of the song was fantastic!

oogashaka

oogashaka New Member

After a couple listens, the song grew on me more and became SICKKKKKKK. I love you lp.
    And thank you for this website for all the latest news, you guys are amazing.

hazuki

hazuki Well-Known Member

lift me up, ,let me go.

rusa162

rusa162 Well-Known Member

Ending (last 3 minutes) is EPIC!:headbang:

Izzno

Izzno Member

I tried to get it from iTunes, iTunes sucks, so I preordered the whole CD DVD Vinyl Toaster thing. Impulse buy is my middle name.

Ryguy

Ryguy New Member

Awesome song! I know it's not as heavy as their other songs, but it's not SUPPOSED to be a heavy song. I'll definitely be one of the fans who won't ditch you guys because you stopped the Hybrid Theory/Meteora sound. LP4ever!

wiiesel

wiiesel Well-Known Member

Finally they've left the boring song structure they've used a long time now.
    Listen to the catalyst and after that to WID. I fall asleep while listening to WID tbh.

So the catalyst is something new and interesting. I like the song in it's entirety.
    I'm curious about how they'll perform the song live.

Joe

Joe I'm tried LPA Administrator

Seriously, thank you guys for your support! We are overwhelmed with the twitter support whilst we were down, and are deeply sorry for our site. We are well over 3 Million hits in the past 24 hours, and obviously a new LP single from a new album is rare, so hopefully it won't happen again! :)

maclieberman

maclieberman Just caught in the undertow..

yess..like for example, it reminds me of the ending to "Valentine's Day" cuz of the repeat of lines, but this is much longer and more epic lol

BanditDee

BanditDee Member

It's a freakin Ah-Mazing journey! Totally love it.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.