Medal of Honor/The Catalyst Trailer Released

Discussion in 'News' started by Kæton, Aug 1, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ALivingGrudge

ALivingGrudge We are saints made of plaster.

This.

2. spraypaintnink

spraypaintnink Banned

Please show me where I said make a new points of authority or a place for my head? Oh, I didn't. You put words in my mouth. Please stop. I just wish they'd incorporate the sounds from their roots, thats all. I never said anything about not changing.

3. Shadester

Shadester (╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻

^ They are incorporating the sounds of their roots. There is rapping. There is a definite rock influence. There's gonna be more electronic influence and Joe's scratching. If all that's not part of their root sound, I dunno what is.

You just can't accept the fact that power chords have been exchanged for synths and musical depth.

4. Rosh

Rosh Well-Known Member

Okay. So the people that said this was good "can go to other place and" praise it, because this isn't even the full song.

No double standards, please.

Last edited: Aug 1, 2010
  5. Adam.

Adam. Well-Known Member

One thing I hope for in the full version is a more.. gentle.. introduction to the high energy nature of this song. This song just immediately pounds you with energy, and while I can't pick out a piece and say "I find this section disagreeable" I think that it does require far more than the average mental effort to listen to this song. If this is indicative of the entire album all of us who sit down, relax, and put headphones in to listen to this may find ourselves in a sweat by the end of those 50 minutes.

6. Shadester

Shadester (╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻

At this point, I believe Mike told Joe to deliberately make the MOH edit less awesome so we'd be blown away by the actual track. :lol:

7. Rosh

Rosh Well-Known Member

Agreed.

8. ChuckCheese

ChuckCheese Did somebody order some cheese? LPA VIP

....Shit. It's been stuck in my head all day. And I like it.

9. LPChris

LPChris LP Fan Since 8/2001

The more snippets that are released of this song, the more I've found myself not to enjoy it :(

The only part I've liked is the "Lift me up, let me go" with the piano and techno-ey effect.

Other than that, this song has disappointment written all over it. For me at least.

I'll get the song, and I'll give it it's fair shake before I judge it. But....my first impressions of the song are not positive.

10. Adam.

Adam. Well-Known Member

You'll have to let go of those first impressions to get a new judgement of the full thing. That's the price of listening to snippets.

11. LPChris

LPChris LP Fan Since 8/2001

The release of snippets are supposed to generate excitement for great music. That hasn't been the case with The Catalyst for me.

And that's coming from a die-hard Linkin Park fan who has like basically every single song they've come out with since 2000-2001

12. LP4Hope

LP4Hope ROCK & ROLL!

So Many Nerve Recking Comments...No Body Has Any Faith In Them? They're Doing Something New, At Least To Themselves.
    Their Not Going To Be The Same As Before. Their Changing. Maybe For Good? I Don't Know, We'll See.
    My Only Problem Is...Who Are They Doing It For? Themselves, Or Us -Their Fans- Who Are The Main Reason Why They're Were They Are!
    So...I'll Wait And See Till The Whole Song & Album Comes Out...And I'll Buy It, And If I Have To; I'll Force Myself To Love It. Because That's What Being A Fan Means...Never Ever Forever Will You Give Up On People Who Try So Hard.

13. @LP2K12

@LP2K12 Est. 2K12

They aren't asking you or anyone to force yourself to love it. They even said in interviews that they understand that MANY fans who love the Hybrid Theory/Meteora and some who even like the MTM sound may not like the sound of A Thousand Suns and they are okay with that. It was something they had to do as a band. I do applaud you though for your persistence as a fan. You're a lot more open than some I've seen around here.

14. Disturbedthoughts

Disturbedthoughts *Twitch*

Honestly, if I like the song I'm a fanboy; if I don't, I'm close minded and unable to except change...If I declare it meh will I be left alone or will I be attacked from both sides? Middle route FTW!

15. Derek

Derek LPAssociation.com Administrator LPA Administrator

Please Type Your Posts Normally And Please Do Not Capitalize Every Word.

16. Dusty

Dusty LPA Super VIP LPA Super VIP

I thought about it a lot during my break. We are hearing a song from ATS that is missing one element. The rest of ATS. I truly believe that the songs placement and meaning has it's purpose. As Linkin Park said, the album is a journey from start to finish. I feel that by September 14th that journey will make a lot more sense to most who take it in from beginning to end. Time will tell... Can't wait!

17. Jesse

Jesse Out of the abyss. LPA Über VIP

forcing yourself to follow something doesn't make you a fan, it makes you a sheep. And it's pretty dumb if you ask me.

If I like something I like it, if I don't, I don't. End of story.

18. LP4Hope

LP4Hope ROCK & ROLL!

I'm just trying to be supportive...That's all.

19. Rosh

Rosh Well-Known Member

Being supportive and being a "fan" is not necessarily the same thing, especially with the way you detailed what being a fan "really means".

20. LP4Hope

LP4Hope ROCK & ROLL!

Your saying Fans aren't supportive? Being a Fan is being supportive!
    I'm just tired of people writting so much negative stuff. Write it somewhere else! We don't know anything yet. >_<

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.