Medal of Honor/The Catalyst Trailer Released

Discussion in 'News' started by Kæton, Aug 1, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
    ana

ana anaPHX LPA VIP

well....from 2:55 it sounds awesome.
    Now I understand what they meant with reverse order: really fast at the beginning and in the end slow...fits perfectly on the game. (war, adrenaline...and then end, death, rescue) etc.

The only thing I hate is that a the beginning there is something missing. It is really...empty with just a synth, electrodrums and voice.

Tweak

Tweak Well-Known Member

I couldn't care less if it is techno, when i think Linkin Park i think about challenging lyrics. This show little lyrical creativity. Why can't they write like they used to back in Zero and Hybrid Theory, Mike is a lyrical genius it seems like they have caged him up.

I know it is subjective, but look at the lyrics of High Voltage then look at this. The Catalyst has no substance, High Voltage lyrics jump leaps and bounds of this shit.

Now don't misunderstand my point, i don't want Linkin Park to become some Nu-Metal band again, i like their new style, electronica rock is good. These lyrics are one dimentional and lack the imagery and complexity that the old Linkin Park used.

Snail

Snail LPA Super Member LPA Super Member

As I said earlier in the other thread; the distortion on the vocals still just as jarring despite being backed up with several layers. Actually, stripped down to the core of it, I find it very annoying. Furthermore, it's quite awkward having techno carry the song the way it does. Last I checked, techno was overdone circa early 2000s. Fortunately, the song really picks itself up from shambles everytime it ventures back into the entrancing "Lift me up, Let me go.. " segments.

This is my impression on what has been released thus far. I hoe that my final judgment on the entire track will be in a much more positive light.

Shayan86

Shayan86 Well-Known Member

This is poorly edited, doesn't even give me an idea how the whole thing will sound like. I'm not saying anything until I hear the full song.

Cyanide

Cyanide 1989

I'm loving the fact that they managed to exclude another member from the band on a song. On M2M, Joe, and right now, here, Brad. I mean, like I said before, their musicianship is not too briliant and it's painfully visible here. However, they somehow have the talent to create something catchy that focuses on a simple melody, rather than making something complex. Which is why they could have easily added a cool electro guitar breakdown or make it a bit more diverse. Bah, whatever, this isn't even the full thing so I'll save the rest of my thoughts for later.

hawk

hawk because the internet LPA Super VIP

I am guessing this is going to be a thread were everyone complains about the single. Well go elsewhere and complain.

Errol

Errol Well-Known Member

I was impressed by the What I've Done clips. So no, I don't, obviously.

Tweak

Tweak Well-Known Member

However besides my opinions, this song will be eaten up by the millions of mindless drones who follow the radio stations that only play whats 'fresh'. I guess thats the point of a single...

pugofdoom10

pugofdoom10 Member

*denies it despite your previous thoughts on the matter*

iSimon

iSimon Member

Discuss, not complain.
    Some people won't like it and some will, everyone is entitled to share their opinion.

Snail

Snail LPA Super Member LPA Super Member

Nobody is caging him up. Mike has held a great deal of creative control since the assembling of the band. Consequently, even more-so on this album. He has moved on for better or worse in his musical venture.

Agreed. Lyrically, it's just not as imaginative as it once was. Mike Shinoda definitely had an artistic flair of his own when he utilized his allegories. Fort Minor was a great listen but even then, his lyrics did not come close to presenting the same type of creativity.

Cyanide

Cyanide 1989

Finally Linkin Park created something that a lot of people don't like, especially around here. Which makes things even better, because they jumped over common and usual sounds and caused controversy! Now we really do have something to discuss.

spraypaintnink

spraypaintnink Banned

No, just impressions and reactions on the track.

Any arguments to back up your bold statement?

FM had the best lyrics from Mike IMO. Of course not all songs did, but with tracks like Right Now, Feel Like Home, Kenji, Slip Out The Back are all examples of stellar writing/producing.

Last edited: Aug 1, 2010
    ana

ana anaPHX LPA VIP

I heard it on my soundsystem and Dave is really present (yay) - well the bass fits on that techno and has to be loud so a point for that.
    Brad is also featured, just in the background he plays the techno melody and later he's a bit louder.

Well I really love the fact that Dave's bass is loud. But what is it with that poor synth effect? And in the end, are these chesters and mike's voices put together and edited to a new voice? (it cant be outfougt..etc)

Anyway YAY FOR THE BASS!

A.06

A.06 Well-Known Member

What the fcuk is wrong with everyone You heard snippets everywhere and knew what to expect, this doesn't sound any different, it just feels more complete. You guys fail hard on my Sunday morning.

The track rocks.

ana

ana anaPHX LPA VIP

no wrong, we didnt hear the bass and guitar parts. (yeah 3 seconds, every one thought they would be on the whole track not just the end)
    AND WE didnt know 1:40 (the part after the panzerfaust hits the house).... the part with the really annoying techno synth :D

evulture

evulture Banned

dude not everyone will like the track obviously so just chill :rasberry:

_cam_

_cam_ Well-Known Member

When I first heard the chorus of The Catalyst, I think it was weird and the album cover makes it worst.

But this is quite strange, I like the trailer. It's fast and full of drama. :p

Alexrednex

Alexrednex Well-Known Member

Im not gonna listen to this untill i can hear the full track... Damn many bad reactions so far. but im not really scared, i just want the full track NOW!
    I haven't pre ordered the album on there site(Because of shipping) does that really mean i have to wait a hole day more before i can hear the track :(

evulture

evulture Banned

i agree with u mate :D

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.